Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

Reviews of Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

April 20, 2015

By Sandy105325450

I did not like Emeritus at Tulsa at all. The units looked like a nursing home, but the staff was nice. The dementia and Alzheimer's unit was terrible. It smelled, and they had it way in the back. The front part looks really nice, but the back part was terrible. The studio rooms weren't nice at all. They were not clean. There was no really dining area; it just looked like a nursing home in the back where the dementia and Alzheimer's unit was.

We apologize that your tour of Emeritus at Tulsa did not meet your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and providing feedback. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

February 11, 2015

By Sandra100151750

We were set up a time to tour Emeritus at Tulsa, and they had no idea we were coming. They had to pull a nurse off duty to take us around. She had no idea which rooms were occupied or unoccupied, and then she had to get somebody to get her a key to let us in. She has never led anybody on a tour before. It was just terrible. The structure was fine, and the rooms in the assisted living unit were reasonable, but when we got up to the third floor where the people with dementia was, I wouldn't even go in there; it was just depressing. They opened the door, and there were people drooling and in wheelchairs; they look so much worse off than my mother. I just couldn't even go look at that.

January 13, 2015

Emeritus was nice, and it was our second choice. The people who worked there were very nice, and I was really impressed with how nice they were. The facility wasn’t quite as well designed.

December 28, 2014

By Sandra100153750

We had an appointment that had been setup for us to go on a tour at Emeritus at Tulsa. Somebody saw me, they contacted me from online, and he arrange for this tour but by the time we got there, they have no record of us coming. It was very disorganized. Later on I called back to talk to the person who’s business card they gave me; that person was on vacation, and there was nobody else there that can give me pricing and availability. I was not very impressed. They just didn’t seem to have their act together. But the activities that they had were good, and the menu selection each day was good.

July 26, 2014

I might have used Emeritus at Tulsa, but I found another place that’s a little bit better priced for me and probably 2 miles closer. It was nice and clean. The staff was good, and the people seemed to be pretty nice too. Their dining room was fine. However, the rooms were a little on the small side for me. I was looking at the studio rooms. Another negative was it's two stories. They had one available, and it was upstairs. I didn’t want to go upstairs. In addition, my father couldn’t get around being upstairs, and I think they only had one elevator.

October 11, 2013

By Neal2

My mom moved to Emeritus at Tulsa. The staff were great and very caring. The rooms were good-sized and she was the single occupant of the room. She started in the assisted living unit and eventually moved to the memory unit, and everything worked great without confusion. I would recommend this facility to other people.

September 21, 2013

By Lynne10

I have come across Emeritus at Tulsa through their website. The main reason we ended up placing my father there was because it was the only facility in Tulsa that had the capability of evaluating him while he was still in California. They were able to pick him up from the airport and transport him to the facility. They already had a room for him there. Every other facility that I inquired wanted to keep him at least 24 hours and that was not possible at that time. My father has no knowledge of how nice Emeritus is because he is just one step away from being in a nursing home. However, I personally think it has plenty of good things about it. They have a wide range of activities for the residents. The room that he is in is average, but he doesn't need that much space. They have a very high rate of turnover with regards to staffing. It is understandable though because caring for their residents is a difficult work. This place is commendable. In fact, I have already recommended them to others.

June 25, 2013

By Linda63919450

I liked Emeritus very well. The staff was very nice and very helpful in giving different information I could use with the move-in. I certainly would recommend this place to others.

April 30, 2013

By Pierre1

I was impressed with the staff at Emeritus. The facility is a large open area. They have a separate area for memory cases. They have their own separate little dining room enclosed so the patients can't wander off. One of the people who gave me the tour was the cook.

Questions about Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Tulsa Midtown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 80 years old. Some favorite activities are baking, playing cards, dominos, and bingo, and enjoying live music. They go on outings to movies, painting ceramics, shopping and to local museums as well.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Tulsa Midtown offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale’s unique Optimum Life program focuses on six dimensions of wellness: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual. Brookdale Tulsa Midtown offers a daily exercise class in addition to other daily purposeful, meaningful activities.

What places are near Brookdale Tulsa Midtown or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale Tulsa Midtown has beautiful walking trails on the property. We are located directly across the street from a drugstore and very near to many shops and restaurants. We are minutes from Brookside, which offers outdoor shopping and dining options. We also enjoy easy highway access to all parts of Tulsa and surrounding areas.

What transportation services does Brookdale Tulsa Midtown offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Tulsa Midtown has a community bus that can transport residents to doctor appointments, shopping, and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Tulsa Midtown exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brookdale Tulsa Midtown residents can enjoy restaurant style dining with breakfast made to order and may choose one of five entrée selections for both lunch and dinner along with several selections for side items and dessert. Additionally, we offer several “always available” items should they like something different than what is on the menu. All of our food is made from scratch and served fresh. Our residents meet with our Director of Dining Services for a monthly “menu chat” to provide input as to what is on the menu. We are also able to accommodate certain special diet needs.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tulsa Midtown offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents wear pendants that alert our care associates when they need assistance. All apartment restrooms also feature a pull-cord. Our care associates do two hour wellness checks as well.

How does Brookdale Tulsa Midtown keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Program Directors make monthly care calls to family members to discuss suggestions, successes or concerns.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Tulsa Midtown during daytime and nighttime hours?

At Brookdale we staff to acuity, so our staffing is actually determined based on resident needs. We always have more care associates than is required by the state of Oklahoma.

If Brookdale Tulsa Midtown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet-friendly community, and our pets can enjoy our walking trails and courtyard while with a care associate or resident.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff undergoes weekly in-service trainings as well as online continuing education courses.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tulsa Midtown provide to protect residents who wander?

At Brookdale Tulsa Midtown our Clare Bridge memory care neighborhoods have secured access.

Photos of Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

About Brookdale Tulsa Midtown

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Tulsa Midtown