Lionwood Senior Living

Reviews of Lionwood Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for Lionwood Senior Living

March 28, 2016

By Shelly Dodson

I had the pleasure of volunteering at one of the pageants at Lionwood. Everyone had so much fun! Very well organized staff. They go out of their way to make the residents and anyone visiting comfortable and happy. I would highly recommend to anyone. Clean, beautiful, great place to call home. A+ for Lionwood!

February 29, 2016

By Domi G

Mr brother is a resident now at Lionwood. He's been through some difficult times and was ready to give up. Thank goodness we found Lionwood. Food, friends, & fun have really made a difference. Thank you Lionwood!

February 28, 2016

By luzjo

I went to visit a friend who just moved into Lionwood and much to my surprise I was very impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to be so wonderful. Everything was beautiful and my friend is very happy there.

February 25, 2016

By GeorgeMcDonald1924

I live in a spacious apartment. The food downstairs is tasty. Always something to do to get out of the apartment. The office staff is always willing to help. The maintenance guy is very professional and knowledgeable. I enjoy Zee coming and cleaning the apartment weekly. The nurses and aids are professional and caring. My aids and I enjoy the walks around the beautiful landscaping all around the building.

December 30, 2015

By Bobsenior

Have visited here several times. It is an excellent facility and one of my friends mother was a resident and could not have been happier.

December 20, 2015

By Lowell S

My father has moved into Lionwood Senior Living independent living. We like that they have an a la carte menu where you can buy as much care as you need. He is pretty independent right now, and they have some options that would work out for our own home healthcare there. It's been an excellent experience so far. They are very accommodating. The facility is fully handicap accessible, and he has a walk-in shower. There are emergency pull cords by the bed, by the toilet, and by the shower. He has a little kitchenette for snacks. They offer full dining where he could walk down every day and get breakfast, lunch and dinner. If he wants to go to the store, they can do that, and they can take him to doctors' appointments. They have a small exercise area. They have a courtyard for animals, so he can have his pets.

November 30, 2015

By FSingleton

I had to write a review for Lionwood because I am somewhat shocked at how great this place really is. My dad lives there and has for many years. It was the Wellington when he moved in, but the change to Lionwood hasn't changed anything. It is really an incredible place. Many of their staff have been there for years, including Dad's housekeeper who was one of the original employees in 2000, and the maintenance staff. I hear the original manager is back after an absence of a few years and the marketing lady that moved dad in, has been there since early 2000. I have had several family members in similar communities, but none of them resulted in the experience dad has had. They really are different and seem to care about dad and the rest of the tenants. I have had a few slight concerns over the years, but the response is always the same. Sorry, get it fixed and move on. I was told when I tried to recommend a friend a few weeks back that there were not any empty apartments at that time. I told my friend to do whatever it takes to get a reservation for this community. It is worth the wait. Thanks to all of the staff and the ownership of this community for doing something special here. Me, my dad, and my entire family appreciate it.

November 30, 2015

By Dana22

Everything was extremely nice at Lionwood - the facility, our visit, the accommodations, amenities, and the price. It was very clean, and it was well decorated.

November 09, 2015

By Linda115418350

We had a tour at Lionwood Senior Living, and it was nice. It has a good location with rooms that are a little bigger compared to other facilities we've visited. They do provide transportation and also have different activities for the residents.

November 08, 2015

By Betty115698350

I called and made an appointment at Lionwood. Everybody seemed really nice. Everything would be fine, except the price was too high. The rooms were clean. They were spacious, and they were nice. It was just what I want. The residents all seemed like they're enjoying themselves.

November 07, 2015

By Anonymous Daughter-in-Law

I like Lionwood Senior Living. It was good, and the staff seemed very personable. They have storage available for the residents, which was nice. The residents were coming and going and interacting with each other, making it seem like a pleasant place to live. They had a nice library, common rooms, and a good dining room. The only drawback is that they didn't have a full kitchen, so they didn't have a stove or oven, just a refrigerator and a microwave.

October 28, 2015

We are on our way to moving my sister-in-law to Lionwood. It is clean. They are helpful and flexible in price. One of the things that we like about it is that they have regular shuttles to stores and things. I think they are pretty good. The woman that I talk to there has been very helpful. She has been there for 14 years, which I think is a really good sign. I think the staff is very attentive.

October 27, 2015

By Donna114286550

We visited Lionwood. The room was probably a little bit bigger than some we had seen. The studio apartment was an awkward layout. I would say it was a lot of wasted space, as awkward as it was laid out. The overall appearance was not as nice as what the other facility was, and yet, the price was higher. However, the young man that showed us around was very nice, and he sat and ate with us and was very helpful, so there was no problem with the staff in that regard. Food and the dining area were excellent. The facility was nice, but we weren't impressed with it.

October 27, 2015

By Michelle114721950

Lionwood Senior Living had a lot of nice facilities, but the rooms were a little too small for my father. The dining room was very pleasant, and the lady who gave the tour was excellent; she answered every question I have. They had a lot of good things. My father is a veteran, and they help the veterans with all the different things they need, i.e., if they need to go to the veterans hospital and access to other programs that they offer. They had a big room where they do all sorts of activities. They have guests come in and talk and do things. They also have Bible study and a game room. The people there all seemed pretty happy.

September 30, 2015

By Brenda113572950

My stepmom has moved into Lionwood Senior Living about three weeks ago. We chose it because of the location and the cost. The church services that she likes are there. She loves to play trivia, and she really likes the exercise class. They have three meals a day, which she enjoys. One thing I like about the facility is the people are out and about every time I have gone in there. They are playing scrabble, doing puzzles, and talking. They are out of their rooms, and they are interacting. I thought it would be good for her.

August 26, 2015

By ltempson

This is one of the most amazing senior living centers in Oklahoma. The management team is next to none. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are an array of activities to keep you busy. I would definitely recommend to anyone that is currently in the market for a new place to live!

August 24, 2015

By Hank R

I have a family member who lives at Lionwood. He has been happy there since the day he moved in. They have healthcare services available on site to take care of all of his health related needs. The activities are great and keep him busy and involved. The administrative staff are always responsive and helpful. The food is good and there is plenty of variety for him to choose from. He toured several communities before choosing Lionwood and is very happy with his choice.

August 12, 2015

By dsb

We toured Lionwood and have reserved a room for my mother in law. Arrianne showed us around and was extremely knowledgable and helpful. We enjoyed meeting the residents and the staff and are looking forward to our move in date.

June 28, 2015

Lionwood was OK, but it was awfully big, and it was kind of confusing for me because we walked around so much. I did like the rooms, and I liked the dining area, but we liked the other place better because it was smaller. It didn't have as many places for my father-in-law to get confused and maybe go down the wrong way. It was nice. I have a friend whose mother-in-law is over there, and she enjoys it there. She has her own suite and everything.

June 15, 2015

By Naveda

Lionwood Senior Living was run down. We saw an empty apartment. It was nice and clean. The price was good, but we did not care for it at all. We would not consider it.

May 28, 2015

By bigal8255

I have a friend who lives at the Lionwood. I have visited him several times. The staff is very friendly and caring. He tells me the food and services are wonderful. I highly recommend this site to anyone. Take a tour and you will agree.

May 28, 2015

By Harley325

My father is a resident at Lionwood and is very satisfied with the facility. The food is excellent and the facilities, although showing their age, are among the best I've visited while looking for an independent living facility for my father. Social activities are plentiful and well attended. I would certainly recommend Lionwood to my friends and relatives

May 26, 2015

By acacialb

Other

I am officed in this community with Universal home health. Our staff is onsite 7 days a week, 5am until 12 midnight. So, we have the opportunity to work closely with the Lionwood staff and residents. Lionwood senior living has a very welcoming atmosphere, kind and considerate staff, and very happy/loving residents.

March 31, 2014

Wellington is independent, but they do have universal health, so they will give my mother her medicine or take blood pressure, or they will assist with baths or whatever for another additional price. They have a lot of different activities, like exercise, and they even have like beauty pageants, the Queen and King of Valentine's Day, and different things like that. Their rooms feel more like apartments than like the assisted living that my mother was in before. It was just one big room; it never smelled. We really like it. It feels like more a fancy hotel. It's a good feeling, and it's not dreary and depressing. I'm very happy with it.

June 18, 2013

By Alana2

I think the friendliness and apartment-style independent living are what I like best about the Wellington. I have a one bedroom apartment with a roomy living area and a kitchenette. You also have the option to eat in the dining room. The meals are all-inclusive and food is very good. They have once a week housekeeping that's included in the price too. They have an exercise class every morning, Bingo twice a week, different games at different times, and they bring in a lot of people, special events, and things like that. You can choose to have home help and they do have an agency that holds office in the building or you can have your own choice of agency coming in.

January 30, 2013

By Kim11

The apartments at The Wellington are very nice. They provide good services like three meals a day, housekeeping, laundry, 24-hour receptionist, and pull cords in each room. The food is good. The staff has been very nice, and the receptionist has been very helpful. Although sometimes they're a little bit busy and understaffed. Overall, I'd say everybody is very friendly.

December 02, 2012

By caring11271

The Wellington at Oklahoma City is extremely nice. The staff is wonderful. My mother is receiving extremely good care. I have spent about a month there with her and I have absolutely nothing to say about anything they need to improve. Everything is wonderful.

Questions about Lionwood Senior Living

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lionwood Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are active, vibrant & full of life. They are fun loving and very welcoming. We have residents from ages 55 to 103 with the average age being 75. We have a wide variety of activities and events available for our residents to accommodate their wide variety of interests. You can view our current activity calendar on our website lionwoodseniorliving.com or keep up with our events on our facebook page Lionwood Senior Living. Our residents love sporting events and throwing Watch Parties as we have lots of OU & OSU fans at Lionwood and we have the BIGGEST Thunder fans around!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The New Chisholm Creek Complex right across the street including multiple shopping dining & entertainment venues. Target, Walmart, Sams, Quail Springs Mall & North Park Mall.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Lionwood Senior Living has organized?

Oklahoma State Fair Senior Day, OKC Zoo, OKC Thunder Games, OKC Blue Games & OKC Dodger Games, Science Museum, Cowboy Hall of Fame, Crystal Bridge, Christmas Light Tours & Weekly Lunch Bunch Outings.

What transportation services does Lionwood Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

We have a full time driver and offer transportation 5 days a week for errands, outings, medical appointments & shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Lionwood Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer 3 full meals 7 days a week in our restaurant style dining room. Breakfast features traditional breakfast items cooked to order including a fruit bar, hot & cold cereals, grits, pastries, muffins, bagels, yogurt, etc. We offer a featured entree for lunch and dinner including soup of the day, fully stocked salad bar & several desserts to choose from. We also feature an always available menu at lunch & dinner that includes fish or chicken (fried or grilled), burgers, chicken fried steak, a variety of sandwiches, pizza, hot dog, chicken strips and several side items including vegetables.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have several areas available for our residents to enjoy including the following: library, front lobby, multi-purpose great room / large activity room (used for exercise groups, church, entertainment, parties, playing games, watching TV, movies & sporting events and playing the Wii.

What safety features or security measures does Lionwood Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

We offer 24 hour emergency response with emergency pull cords in every apartment by the bed and by the toilet. They are monitored 24 hours a day and someone will respond immediately when a resident pulls their cord.

If Lionwood Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a very large fully enclosed courtyard with grassy areas for pets to run and play while enjoying the outdoors.

Does Lionwood Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a Medicare certified home health agency on site with a licensed branch office in our community and staff in our building daily. These services can be provided under Medicare or insurance with a doctor's order. Residents can also pick and choose and pay privately for additional assistance with things such as bathing, dressing, grooming, getting to and from the dining room & activities, toileting, transfers and medication management.

Costs for Lionwood Senior Living

Photos of Lionwood Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Lionwood Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Lionwood Senior Living

When you settle in at Lionwood Senior Living, you can say goodbye to the worry and stress of living alone. Our warm and welcoming independent living community is just a short drive from Quail Springs Mall, as well as being near well-respected hospitals and medical centers, including Mercy Hospital, Integris Baptist Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital, and the Procure Cancer Treatment Center. Arriving at our Oklahoma City retirement community, you’ll instantly feel at home thanks to friendly neighbors, caring staff members, and the nearby neighborhood.

Conveniently located in northwest Oklahoma City, our welcoming senior living community is a beautiful place to call home. Our residents experience independent living with a helping hand from our skilled staff, restaurant-style dining, and housekeeping services. Our location is moments away from nearby hospitals, restaurants, and shopping, and we offer a daily activity program so there’s always something to do.

Active Senior Living at Lionwood

Our Oklahoma City independent living community lets you maintain the independence you love while being able to enjoy the convenience of regular housekeeping and laundry services, delicious restaurant-style dining, and a thriving and active senior living community. In addition to your senior apartment, you’ll find lushly landscaped gardens, comfortable community spaces, and a courtyard for gathering with friends and family. For your benefit, we also offer:

• Scheduled transportation
  • A game room with billiards, cards, and puzzle tables
  • Experienced 24-hour staff
  • Exciting, full-time social programs
  • A library with computer stations and internet
  • Apartment home maintenance

Independent Living in OKC — What You Want, How You Want It

Independent living is all about making sure you can enjoy your golden years to the best of your abilities. All our senior apartments near Edmond are thoughtfully designed with senior-friendly amenities like emergency call buttons and personal security systems. And because we want Lionwood Senior Living to feel like home from the moment you move in, we also offer professional decoration and design options like accent wall colors and customized upgrades to help you create a personalized apartment from day one.

At Lionwood Senior Living, our focus is on creating a thriving community and providing world-class service to our residents. From the delicious variety of meals served in our elegant dining room to the activities that fill our daily social calendar, our community is designed around the preferences and tastes of our residents.

• Join fun festivities for all traditional (and non-traditional) holidays
  • Get fit with our Exercise and Movement program
  • Enjoy shops close-by on Pennsylvania Avenue and Memorial Road
  • Learn a new hobby with how-to classes
  • Invite loved ones to special family events and game nights
  • Shake up your routine with excursions (a great way to explore our local area)

Our activities team designs Lionwood’s social calendar around the passions and interests of our residents, including creative and educational activities like holiday celebrations and how-to classes on things like oil painting, card making, or quilting. We offer exercise and movement programs to help our residents stay physically active, and plenty of opportunities to play games, discuss current events, or just spend time socializing with others. And like everything at Lionwood: activities are optional and residents can engage within their comfort level.

Our residents enjoy:

• Several floor plans ranging from studios to 2 bed/2bath apartments
  • Affordable, all inclusive rates
  • No buy in or long term lease requires, strictly month to month rental
  • Customized apartment options available
  • Three delicious meals daily prepared by our Executive Chef
  • A featured entree of the day as well as many alternatives available
  • Daily social and recreational programs
  • Complimentary transportation for activities and medical appointments
  • On-site healthcare & rehabilitation services available