Lionwood Senior Living

Reviews of Lionwood Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for Lionwood Senior Living

April 15, 2021

By Lori

My concern at Lionwood Senior Living is that it's a busy street and it isn't gated, and with my mother's dementia, I don't think that facility would be good. If she got confused, she could walk right out in the street, so that one didn't work out well. The overall experience was great though, and I think if my mother didn't have dementia problems, it would have been a great place for her. The lady that showed us around was really nice. The room was the perfect size for what my mother would have needed. After the visit, it made me realize that she probably needed more of an assisted living instead of just a senior living. Amenities are pretty standard with everything that they provided and offered, so everything was great. They have music, crafts, and a lot of different groups. I think COVID messed up a lot of travel and stuff.

January 12, 2021

By Kimberly

My mother stayed in the Lionwood Senior Living before. We absolutely loved the community and what it had to offer. It was a wonderful experience. It was very clean, it smelled nice, it looked nice, it had fabulous amenities, the food was really good, and we actually dined there. They had a general store, a beauty salon, and lots of great activities that the residents could engage in. They had some great people that came in, interesting activities, and they did field trips and the whole thing. It was wonderful. It was an excellent value for the price.

January 05, 2018

By Sandra

My parents are at Lionwood Senior Living. They have very friendly staff, and lots of activities for the seniors. It was a little bit out of the way for us, but they liked it there. It would be ideal for a single person, but the rooms are small for two people.

July 11, 2017

By Donna MT

My mother lived at Lionwood for 2 ½ years. During that time she was able to grieve our father’s death and blossom as an individual. She developed loving friendships and became a caring friend to many of the residents. During the last six months of her life, she was in and out of hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. The Lionwood staff was loving and supportive to her throughout that time. I will always be grateful that she loved her home at Lionwood, and that the staff lovingly cared for her before she entered her eternal heavenly home.

April 01, 2017

By B. Cosby

I live at Lionwood and I love it. NIce people nice place

February 09, 2017

By AileenSmith

I moved to Lionwood in December 2014 and its the best decision I have ever made. The employees and people that live here are remarkable. We have so much fun with all of the activities that are planned and the wonderful food that we get to eat. With the help from a staff member, we were able to start up a choir and design t shirts and now we go to other facilities to sing. If you are looking for a wonderful place to live. Lionwood is it.

January 24, 2017

By Lbuckner

I moved to Lionwood on May 31, 2016. I have experienced nothing but heaven on earth! I am most excited about the three meals a day, housekeeping, and all bills being paid. The staff has been exceptionally helpful, compassionate, and caring. On a scale of 1-10, I rate them "10". I have been telling all of my family and friends about Lionwood. If you're looking for a home., look no further! I love the experience that I am having as a resident of Lionwood Senior Living. Less I forget, the activites and social life is extremely fun and exciting.

January 22, 2017

By Jes D

Very beautiful community!! I was given the grand tour and loved seeing how happy the residents were. They had a display of their dinner meal and it looked delicious and the activity calendar was amazing.

November 24, 2016

By Dar766841

Lionwood Senior Living is very active; people there have been there for a long time, and they loved it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious, and they redid everything before my mother-in-law moved in. The food is very good, and she likes it. There are activities every day and a variety of things to do, and they take them out. The people there are very happy, been there for a long period of time, and have no complaints. Everybody seems to be getting along and are friendly.

February 29, 2016

By Domi G

Mr brother is a resident now at Lionwood. He's been through some difficult times and was ready to give up. Thank goodness we found Lionwood. Food, friends, & fun have really made a difference. Thank you Lionwood!

February 28, 2016

By luzjo

I went to visit a friend who just moved into Lionwood and much to my surprise I was very impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to be so wonderful. Everything was beautiful and my friend is very happy there.

December 30, 2015

By Bobsenior

Have visited here several times. It is an excellent facility and one of my friends mother was a resident and could not have been happier.

November 09, 2015

By Linda115418350

We had a tour at Lionwood Senior Living, and it was nice. It has a good location with rooms that are a little bigger compared to other facilities we've visited. They do provide transportation and also have different activities for the residents.

November 07, 2015

By Anonymous Daughter-in-Law

I like Lionwood Senior Living. It was good, and the staff seemed very personable. They have storage available for the residents, which was nice. The residents were coming and going and interacting with each other, making it seem like a pleasant place to live. They had a nice library, common rooms, and a good dining room. The only drawback is that they didn't have a full kitchen, so they didn't have a stove or oven, just a refrigerator and a microwave.

October 27, 2015

By Michelle114721950

Lionwood Senior Living had a lot of nice facilities, but the rooms were a little too small for my father. The dining room was very pleasant, and the lady who gave the tour was excellent; she answered every question I have. They had a lot of good things. My father is a veteran, and they help the veterans with all the different things they need, i.e., if they need to go to the veterans hospital and access to other programs that they offer. They had a big room where they do all sorts of activities. They have guests come in and talk and do things. They also have Bible study and a game room. The people there all seemed pretty happy.

Questions about Lionwood Senior Living

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lionwood Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are active, vibrant & full of life. They are fun loving and very welcoming. We have residents from ages 55 to 100 with the average age being 75. We have a wide variety of activities and events available for our residents to accommodate their wide variety of interests. Our residents love sporting events and throwing Watch Parties as we have lots of OU & OSU fans at Lionwood and we have the BIGGEST Thunder fans around!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The New Chisholm Creek Complex right across the street including multiple shopping dining & entertainment venues. Target, Walmart, Sams, Quail Springs Mall & North Park Mall.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Lionwood Senior Living has organized?

Oklahoma State Fair Senior Day, OKC Zoo, OKC Thunder Games, OKC Blue Games & OKC Dodger Games, Science Museum, Cowboy Hall of Fame, Crystal Bridge, Christmas Light Tours & Weekly Lunch Bunch Outings.

What transportation services does Lionwood Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

We have a full time driver and offer transportation 5 days a week for errands, outings, medical appointments & shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Lionwood Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer 3 full meals 7 days a week in our restaurant style dining room. Breakfast features traditional breakfast items cooked to order, hot & cold cereals, grits, pastries, muffins, bagels, yogurt, etc. We offer featured entrees for lunch and dinner including soup of the day, & several desserts to choose from. We also feature an always available menu at lunch & dinner that includes fish or chicken (fried or grilled), burgers, chicken fried steak, a variety of sandwiches, pizza, hot dog, chicken strips and several side items including vegetables.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have several areas available for our residents to enjoy including the following: library, front lobby, multi-purpose great room / large activity room (used for exercise groups, church, entertainment, parties, playing games, watching TV, movies & sporting events and playing the Wii), movie theater, general store, library / bistro & beauty / barber shop.

What safety features or security measures does Lionwood Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

We offer 24 hour emergency response with emergency pull cords in every apartment by the bed and by the toilet. They are monitored 24 hours a day and someone will respond immediately when a resident pulls their cord.

If Lionwood Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a very large fully enclosed courtyard with grassy areas for pets to run and play while enjoying the outdoors.

Does Lionwood Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Residents can contract with any provider of their choice.

Costs for Lionwood Senior Living

Photos of Lionwood Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Lionwood Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Lionwood Senior Living

When you settle in at Lionwood Senior Living, you can say goodbye to the worry and stress of living alone. Our warm and welcoming independent living community is just a short drive from Quail Springs Mall, as well as being near well-respected hospitals and medical centers, including Mercy Hospital, Integris Baptist Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital, and the Procure Cancer Treatment Center. Arriving at our Oklahoma City retirement community, you’ll instantly feel at home thanks to friendly neighbors, caring staff members, and the nearby neighborhood.

Conveniently located in northwest Oklahoma City, our welcoming senior living community is a beautiful place to call home. Our residents experience independent living with a helping hand from our skilled staff, restaurant-style dining, and housekeeping services. Our location is moments away from nearby hospitals, restaurants, and shopping, and we offer a daily activity program so there’s always something to do.

Active Senior Living at Lionwood

Our Oklahoma City independent living community lets you maintain the independence you love while being able to enjoy the convenience of regular housekeeping and laundry services, delicious restaurant-style dining, and a thriving and active senior living community. In addition to your senior apartment, you’ll find lushly landscaped gardens, comfortable community spaces, and a courtyard for gathering with friends and family. For your benefit, we also offer:

• Scheduled transportation
  • A game room with billiards, cards, and puzzle tables
  • Experienced 24-hour staff
  • Exciting, full-time social programs
  • A library with computer stations and internet
  • Apartment home maintenance

Independent Living in OKC — What You Want, How You Want It

Independent living is all about making sure you can enjoy your golden years to the best of your abilities. All our senior apartments near Edmond are thoughtfully designed with senior-friendly amenities like emergency call buttons and personal security systems. And because we want Lionwood Senior Living to feel like home from the moment you move in, we also offer professional decoration and design options like accent wall colors and customized upgrades to help you create a personalized apartment from day one.

At Lionwood Senior Living, our focus is on creating a thriving community and providing world-class service to our residents. From the delicious variety of meals served in our elegant dining room to the activities that fill our daily social calendar, our community is designed around the preferences and tastes of our residents.

• Join fun festivities for all traditional (and non-traditional) holidays
  • Get fit with our Exercise and Movement program
  • Enjoy shops close-by on Pennsylvania Avenue and Memorial Road
  • Learn a new hobby with how-to classes
  • Invite loved ones to special family events and game nights
  • Shake up your routine with excursions (a great way to explore our local area)

Our activities team designs Lionwood’s social calendar around the passions and interests of our residents, including creative and educational activities like holiday celebrations and how-to classes on things like oil painting, card making, or quilting. We offer exercise and movement programs to help our residents stay physically active, and plenty of opportunities to play games, discuss current events, or just spend time socializing with others. And like everything at Lionwood: activities are optional and residents can engage within their comfort level.

Our residents enjoy:

• Several floor plans ranging from studios to 2 bed/2bath apartments
  • Affordable, all inclusive rates
  • No buy in or long term lease requires, strictly month to month rental
  • Customized apartment options available
  • Three delicious meals daily prepared by our Executive Chef
  • A featured entree of the day as well as many alternatives available
  • Daily social and recreational programs
  • Complimentary transportation for activities and medical appointments
  • On-site healthcare & rehabilitation services available