Embark at Statesman Club

Reviews of Embark at Statesman Club

Independent Living Reviews for Embark at Statesman Club

August 21, 2015

By Billy12

Brookdale was very nice, very clean, and well kept. The upkeep itself was very good. Their hospitality was really good. They took me in, showed me everything, and didn't bypass anything. They had quite a few activities. They had breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner. They had all types of games. They had a pool and a waiting room for any kind of private meetings.

June 28, 2015

By Martha46

We have signed up at Brookdale Statesman Club (Emeritus at Statesman Club). The surroundings are lovely. It is built on a little lake, and the building is beautiful. The dining room overlooks the lake, and you can dine inside or outside. You just go to the dining room and sit down, and they come to take your order and then serve you. They have white linen tablecloths and linen napkins. The overall surrounding is just very pleasant. Brookdale just bought out Emeritus, so they are coming in now and renovating everything. They are painting the building inside and out, putting in all new wall coverings, new carpets, and everything else. Right now, it looks kind of bare because there are people in there painting, but when they finish, it is going to be beautiful. It was not redecorated when we looked, but we were very impressed. We took a one-bedroom apartment, but it seemed like a really large one-bedroom, so we are going to have plenty of room for just the two of us. My husband is disabled, and where we live now, if he goes out the front, there are steps. If he goes out the back, there is a rock walkway, and he can't navigate that either with his scooter or his walker, so once we get over there, he is going to be able to just open the door, and go down the hall. There are no steps and no obstructions of any kind to keep him from going where he wants to go, so it is going to be a lot nicer. They come and clean your apartment once a week, strip the linens off your bed, and take your bed linens as well as your towels, and other stuff or work that you may have. They wash those, dry them, and bring them back folded. They also make the beds. They have so many activities, and there is no way we can do it all, but they have such a variety that you can pick and choose what you want to do. You can stay busy 24/7 if you wanted. It is just very nice, and everybody is so friendly. They have all kinds of games -- Dominoes, cards, Bridge, Bingo, and anything you'd want to participate in. They have an indoor swimming pool and fitness instructor-led water exercises for the seniors. They have that 3 times a week. The pool is heated and indoors. They also have outings, and they go to a grocery store about twice or thee times a week. They go to Walmart thrice a week and to some of these other smaller shopping centers. They have all kinds of trips and day trips. Recently there was a day trip to the Oklahoma Museum of Art, they went for a day outing not too long ago to the National Cowboy and Western Heritage, and I think they do overnight trips occasionally. I am excited, and I cannot wait to get there.

June 15, 2015

By Naveda

Brookdale Statesman Club had a swimming pool and a dog yard. They were redecorating. I am sure it would end up really nice, but it was pretty run down.

March 19, 2015

By John103626850

Emeritus was a very nice place. That’s the only one we looked at, and we liked it. The rooms looked good, and the food was really good; they served fresh lunch and dinner. They take them shopping, go to different places, and do a lot of stuff inside. The manager was very cordial, and all the people there just loved her.

September 23, 2014

We also stayed at Statesman Club (Emeritus at Statesman Club) and it was okay except we didn't like the fact that we lived on the second floor. However, the environment was excellent. The facility was clean, and the location was fine.

September 08, 2014

By Carl and Clara

We moved into a retirement home. We chose Statesman Club because it is close to our children. The staff is very caring and very interested. They provide activities, they provide services if you need it, and they're just a good staff. They have very spacious little apartments. They're very well cared for. They do cleaning and upkeep on the rooms once a week. We have three meals a day, including breakfast. The dining room is very open and you sit at tables. They actually have a staff who waits on you, takes your order and brings your food to you. The food is very nutritious. The servings are very proportionate in size. What I like best about this community is the people. The people who live here and the people who run it are very friendly and very helpful if you need them. They have all kinds of activities that you can either choose to participate in or not. My wife enjoys playing bingo. They have a little computer club that I attend. They have all types of activities like that. You choose which ones you want and you go to them. Regarding living environment, I just think it is a nice friendly place.

August 07, 2014

I thought Emeritus was nice. The staff was fine. It just didn't find them as accommodating or organized and it wasn't that they did anything wrong. It just seemed like the other place at it going on. I was not nearly as impressed with the rooms, but it was fine. There was nothing wrong with them, it's just that the one I was looking at was not as large. The halls seemed to be narrower and darker, and my mother-in-law was in a wheelchair. They showed me the dining room, which was adequate. I do know a lady who was staying in Emeritus, she was comfortable and happy there and she liked the food. I believed they had numerous activities. She talked about a bus that took them to place and crafts several times a day. I didn't see any of them, but I guess the residence could be as busy as they chose to be.

June 28, 2014

Emeritus is my number one choice. I really liked it a lot. In the buildings of the residents and the hallways, they have upholstered chairs and tables, and whenever you walk in, you see people congregating and meeting. It was very friendly. A big plus was the outdoor area. They had a pond with paved walkways. You could walk to the public library and post office. They have a studio apartment, but it did not have a complete kitchen, only a refrigerator and oven. They have a salad bar daily. They have heart healthy items on the menu. Their manager is top-notch. It was a bit expensive, though.

September 26, 2013

By Lester1

Emeritus at Statesman Club is a clean and nicely laid out place. The staff are friendly and the management act like they really cared for the residents there. There were really no negative things I found when I visited the place. I was pretty impressed with the facility. I did talk to some people over there and I did not found anyone to be upset about anything.

September 09, 2013

By John68347150

I liked everything about Emeritus. I liked the location, the people and the size of the apartments. I just couldn't afford the price though. The apartments are spacious with a living room and balcony outside. I didn't get the chance to eat there but I saw them eating and what I saw was really nice. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable.

July 29, 2013

By Linda65543450

Emeritus at Statesman Club was absolutely beautiful. It was clean. The landscaping was really attractive and inviting. Inside it was very home like. It didn't seemed like and institution. It was more like a luxury apartment building. The staff was very friendly. I had lunch there and the food was very good. I would highly recommend it though it was a little on the expensive side. But I think their price was compatible with the services that they have. But you would have to avail of those services because they were already paid.

July 10, 2013

By Kaye2

Statesman Club is a little cheaper, a little higher, and closer to where I go to church and everything, about a mile closer. It goes from independent, walk across the little day bridge there with this cute little lake, it's just a beautiful setting with the ducks and everything around and there's the assisted living, and then down the block from there is a huge nursing home.

Questions about Embark at Statesman Club

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Embark at Statesman Club. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We offer perfect social situations for residents that range in age from 62 to 101! Residents here can maintain a sense of independence, stay active, make new friends, and learn new hobbies, games, and activities. Residents enjoy painting, crafts, wine tasting, live music, casino trips, travel, and tours to local attractions and events. We offer residents who live with us the best in life stage education, entertainment, health and social activities. Scheduled social events allow our residents to get together with one another in a setting where friendships blossom and a certain comfort level develops between neighbors. Constantly learning new things or pursuing old interests helps keep our residents’ minds sharp and engaged.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Residents who live at Statesman Club are always on the go enjoying nearby restaurants, movie theaters, shopping malls, parks, our private fishing lake, and walking trails around the lake and nearby local parks.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Embark at Statesman Club has organized?

Whether it be an outing to a local musical, the Philharmonic, Thunder game, Festival of the Arts, a tour to Braum’s Dairy farm or local casinos and horse races at Remington Park, our residents enjoy a variety of off-site events. A trip to the Oklahoma State Fair, the Senior Prom at Cowboy Hall of Fame, and our annual resident picnic and fishing outing are highlights of some seasonal events with friends and neighbors as members of our community family. Our shuttle drivers keep both vans on the road and on the go!

What transportation services does Embark at Statesman Club offer to independent living residents?

Medical and dental appointments, activity outings, transportation to banks, the post office, shopping malls, grocery stores, discount stores, and nearby shopping malls are places our drivers frequent with residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Embark at Statesman Club exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Upscale culinary creations! In our kitchen you will find the team peeling, chopping, and stirring pots that feature fresh, seasonal vegetables, premium cuts of meat and the freshest seafood. Breakfast at 2 pm? No problem since we serve breakfast options all day long as part of our all-day dining program. Not feeling well? We offer room service hot and fresh from our kitchen delivered to your apartment’s front door. Whether it is eggs cooked to order, french toast, or fluffy waffles, breakfast lakeside or in our dining room is one of morning’s true pleasures. We also offer a light, healthy continental breakfast to-go from our lobby each morning that boasts fresh baked pastries, juice, and coffee. Sunday Brunch features a made to order omelet station, full, hot breakfast buffet, and a variety of tantalizing lunch features complemented by fresh salads, house made breads, and warm fruit cobblers with ice cream. We offer low sugar and low carb options for healthy preferences.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

A tastefully furnished, private dining room, spacious bridge/Canasta area, cozy seating in our fireside lounge, community living room areas with TV/DVD options on each floor, and our activity and craft rooms are all available to our residents and their families. A fully stocked library, poker lounge, indoor heated pool house and lakeside patio dining options make it easy to locate a place to converse, read, play games, or just “park” for a few moments. Full use of our covered lakeside patio and BBQ area, a comfortable rocker on our fishing dock, or a romp with the pup through our private dog park make residents feel right at home.

What safety features or security measures does Embark at Statesman Club offer to independent living residents?

A 24-hour, staffed concierge desk, secured entry keypads for entry doors after hours, cameras at all entrances and the indoor pool area, regular emergency practice drills, smoke detectors and sprinkler systems throughout the common areas are features at Statesman Club that ensure our residents remain secure in their home with us. Fully functional emergency lighting, a safe area for severe weather, and our close proximity to the Village fire and police departments are features that reassure our residents they are protected during emergency situations and Oklahoma weather conditions.

If Embark at Statesman Club accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love pets and readily accept small dogs and cats. The onsite, lakeside walking trail and nearby park offer great exercise options for dogs. We offer the ultimate in outdoor playtime in our private, onsite, fenced dog park and we keep treats at our Concierge desk for canine visitors. Cats enjoy watching the wildlife our lake attracts from their safe, comfortable indoor perches or screened patio balconies.

Does Embark at Statesman Club work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

A fully licensed, onsite personal care and assistance department staffed with 2 RNs and Certified Nursing Aides provide care on an “as needed” basis for our residents that may need a little extra care in their home. This department may also assist with filing Long Term Care insurance and can talk with you about Veteran benefits. Physician house calls, a local company that offers home visits in the comfort of your apartment, is also an option for in home care.

Costs for Embark at Statesman Club

Photos of Embark at Statesman Club

Services and Amenities of Embark at Statesman Club

• Independent Living Starting At: $2055/month

About Embark at Statesman Club

Located in vibrant Oklahoma City, Embark at Statesman Club offers residents countless opportunities for fun and relaxation. Tranquil Lake Hefner is close by, as are plenty of places for shopping, dining and entertainment. Plus, our community features beautiful spaces, generous amenities, 24/7 security and dedicated staff that help you enjoy senior living in Oklahoma City, worry-free.

• 24-Hour Security