Dorset Place

Reviews of Dorset Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Dorset Place

December 30, 2014

By Cindy42

The Sterling House of Oklahoma City North was too big which I did not like, but it was nice, and it had everything we would have needed. It used to be about a half of block from my house, but I do not live there anymore. The staff was very nice to us. It was really clean, but the rooms were kind of impersonal because they are like in a hotel.

May 30, 2014

The rooms were very clean and decorated very nicely at Sterling House North, but they were kind of small. I didn't see people around or out in the open area. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. They had some activities, mostly craft things, and they had exercise classes. There's a garden in the center of the building. They had an open area where you could go out and sit outside, but it was in the center.

May 29, 2014

I went to Sterling House. I thought it was much nicer. It had all been redecorated. It just felt cleaner and newer. They told us about bingo and some exercise classes; however, they weren't very often. I think the exercise classes were only once or twice a week. The ladies who met us at the door were very friendly. It seemed like they could have had a few more activities for the people who were there and a little more involvement with them. We didn’t see a lot of people out, whereas we saw more people attending the games and things that were going on in the cafeteria.

May 20, 2014

My mother is at the Sterling House. My sister lives there, and that seemed to be the best place for her. She's really happy. Her individual apartment is wonderful, and the people who work there were just unbelievable. They're fabulous. They do a cookie bake. They play bingo. They have exercise every day. They take them on field trips. Every day, there are at least three things to choose from. The food is very healthy and completely delicious, and they have a multitude of things they can choose from. The place is immaculate, and they have more than enough staff members. The staff is very knowledgeable. Communication between the staff and with the siblings of the person who is being cared for is fabulous. There's literally not one thing that I can think of that needs any type of improvement. I'm completely amazed because I firmly didn't see anything like this in California.

September 24, 2013

When I visited Sterling House of Oklahoma City, the director wasn't in so the person that showed me the place wasn't that informed. I only spoke to the nurse and she was pleasant. The place just didn't seem very inviting. I don't think I would recommend this facility to others.

September 12, 2012

By JJ737

I thought the faculties at Sterling House of Oklahoma City North were very up to date and welcoming. My grandmother tells me the staff is very courteous and helpful to her. The staff has also been poilit to me and my family. I have nothing but good things to say but its faculty.

Memory Care Reviews for Dorset Place

Costs for Dorset Place

Services and Amenities of Dorset Place

• Spanish

• About Dorset Place

At Brookdale Oklahoma City North we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Oklahoma City North are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Dorset Place