Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

Reviews of Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

December 13, 2017

By Madge

I'm moving to Canoe Brook. It's a place I could stay the rest of my life. It wasn't as modern, but it was clean and did not have a bad odor. I'm hoping it would be what I need. The staff member was OK, and he answered all my questions.

November 15, 2017

By blessed family

We came by this week and we was so happy with his care everyone seemed happy and smiling we walked into his room when we noticed these HUGH red lips on his cheek and we ask him where he got the kiss from he said from his grand daughter!!!! There was a man who came in to check on him and they talked about fishing what I loved is how he truly listened he didn't just ask to ask like he wanted to be there.. I walked out the room to look around and I see the girl with the big red lips talking to another person who lived there so I sit back to watch she was nice sweet joked with them so bubbly she said hello to everyone and knew something bout everyone I was flabbergasted at how much love is in and how its not a job for them two its a passion its a family here.... We came down to talk to him bout moving closer to us and after that day we can't take him from this family ... I ask the girl with the big red lips what keeps her coming back to work when she has bad days she giggled and told me even on the days she fells like the world falling apart nothing makes it better than being with the ones you love and being with family... Thank you canoe brook
The love our team members have toward all of our residents at Canoe Brook witnessed by this family member. It is with great pride I am able to be a part of this team. We work, laugh and have a great time together. Thank you so much for your comments about our community

November 10, 2017

By Terry

Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer's Care Community was a nice looking place. It was set up primarily for senior care and the memory care was just an add-on. I was impressed with everything except for the memory care part.

September 14, 2015

By concernforrelative

My relative has been a resident at this facility since it has opened and the facility has declined over the past year. There is not continuity in the staff and thus, they use a lot of agency staff who do not know the residents and who may only work thee one shift and never return so they do not care. There are a few very good staff but they cannot do everything. The day shift staff tend to do most of the work in my opinion. The nursing staff is lacking.My relative has suffered numerous falls which I believe is a direct result of this. For the amount that is charged to the residents they should be getting better care. I have a lot of concerns for my relative still residing at this facility.

April 20, 2015

By Marty10

My mother is in Canoe Brook. We like that it is only 5 years old, their prices are as good as anywhere else, the care is better, and the food is really good. Everybody there is very happy, and they actually all like the food, which I know seems to be a big deal. We didn't think that she would be happy there, but she's happy, and she's doing much better. They are very good. If anything happens, they call us immediately. They are very responsive. When she took over her apartment, they redid everything. They made it all fresh and new. They are very good. The room is actually more spacious. It has like a little refrigerator and kitchenette, and she likes to have her snacks there. It has enough room for her bed, dresser, a couch, and a chair. It is nice.

July 03, 2014

I was very impressed with Canoe Brook and the gentleman who spoke with me. They looked very well organized. I was impressed with the living room, but the bedroom was pretty small and wouldn’t accommodate my mother’s furniture. I was a little bit disappointed there. The dining area was very clean and well maintained. They had 24-hour nurses.

March 28, 2014

By Carol48005161

My mother has been at Canoe Brook since August. We decided to keep her there and just transition her to the other side. I like the price and the convenience. I also like the kind, loving, and warm home-feeling that you get there. It is something I could give her at home. The staff is very kind and very helpful. They are very gentle, very compassionate, and very caring. I monitor them constantly. I'm in and out without notice and see what goes on, and I'm very much impressed with them. Food is very good. My mom complained that it is a little bit cold. However, I ate with her today, and I had chicken fried steak, mashed potato, and gravy. My food was delicious and mine was hot, so I don't know if she was just complaining or what.

November 23, 2011

By snewton

Very new facility. I took a tour there and it is very clean and impressive. The facility has a very homey atmosphere and the staff is beyond excellent. They offer a weekend "respite" for both the patient and family to get a feel for what it is like to be a resident there. Very good food, (my tour included free lunch), very clean facility. They even have a Memory Center for Altzheimers patients. Thank you Sabrina Newton

Costs for Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

Services and Amenities of Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

• State Licenses: AL7302

• About Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care

Family Oriented Care You Can Count On.

Unlike other assisted living Tulsa centers, we specialize in Memory and Diabetic care featuring 24 hour-a-day LPN’s. Come see us for a tour and a free lunch. We’re right across from the Hard Rock Casino in Tulsa!

A high-caliber nursing staff provides strong medical expertise in a comfortable, home-like setting to support all levels of care.

With the community divided into two areas – assisted living and memory care, our residents span a variety of ages and lifestyle needs and have the support to age in place without relocating. That’s why our first step is to get to know our residents and their families before they even move in. Our goal is to promote independence, purposeful living and the highest quality of life.

Residents are empowered to retain their independence and at the same time contribute to our family-style community. Along with several residents shared activities, there is a community garden where individuals can grow food, which is then used by the dining team to create unique homemade-style meals.

Our Services

Making positive connections every day.

Whether we’re celebrating a resident’s birthday or playing Wii bowling, our loving staff supports each resident to find their own way of participating and staying active. For some, that may mean just being present to listen in on an activity.

Others may find pleasure in enjoying the serenity of our beautiful courtyard, and for others, it may simply be sharing a meal with friends or family. We strongly encourage both independent and social recreation for optimum physical and mental well-being.

Some of our key amenities

• Elegant Dining Room With Delicious Menu Options Plus Snacks
    • Activity/Craft Room and Library
    • Monthly Outings
    • Wellness and Fitness Programming
    • Cognitive Programming
    • Beauty and Barber Services
    • Cable TV and Utilities
    • Scheduled Transportation Available

Clinical services designed to create the highest quality of life

• 4 Levels of Customized Care
    • Medication Assistance and Management
    • Housekeeping and Laundry Service
    • Respite Stays/Hospice Care
    • Complex Diabetes Management

Thank you for your interest in Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Canoe Brook Assisted Living & Alzheimer Care