Brookdale Westlake Village

Brookdale Westlake Village (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Westlake Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Westlake Village

August 21, 2015

I went to visit Brookdale Westlake Village, and I like everything about the place except that it was too expensive for me. They do have many activities, but I don’t like their activities really. I am not interested in games; I don’t like cards. I also don’t like the view from the window; it just looks out into a parking lot. I like to have a look at a grass or a little river or something like that, but it's still a beautiful place inside.

April 22, 2015

By David109737350

Westlake Village is a very nice facility. Their staff is very friendly. They're more intelligent and educated than a lot of the people I deal with. I just really like their enthusiasm, and they’re caring towards the people that lived there. My mom's a retired school teacher, Porter library is a big deal in her life, and they have a bus that goes out weekly. The Porter Library also comes to the facility once a month with books, and my mom too enjoys that. They will drive my mom to go visit her sister that's in the dementia ward in another facility. They will take her anywhere she needs to go for shopping. They have art activities; they have an art room, and my mom is also an artist so she enjoys that. They have a book club, and there are other activities that go on that my mom does not partake.

March 20, 2015

Westlake Village was nice. The woman we met was very nice. She gave us a tour of the property, and it seemed like it would be a good environment for my father. However, it was out of our price range.

March 27, 2014

By John79810150

I only saw Westlake Village once, but it looked like a resort place and like you're going into a big hotel. It was definitely grand in respect to its presentation. It would entice a lot of people just walking in the door, and my wife and I both agreed that in respect to just that, we could have made the decision. That was the first place we checked out and we could have said yes, let's go here. The woman who showed us around there was extremely nice. The rooms were excellent. I would recommend that place.

January 29, 2014

By Merbil

I went over the assisted living area of Westlake Village and I like everything about this facility. I like it's location as well as the people there. I was able to check on their room and its good enough. I went to the cafeteria and it's very clean.

January 29, 2014

By Ruth24

Westlake was very nice and the staff was very helpful, kind and courteous. I was really impressed. They were very empathic with the situation I was in. They provided me with a wealth of information about the place and they followed up very well.

July 26, 2013

By Assunta

I had a very good experience at Westlake Village. Both of the individuals that I talked to were able to answer my questions. They were wiling to sit down and go over the financial aspects with me and looked at the options and alternatives. I took my mom to visit it and she really liked it. Although, I thought it was a lot larger than what I wanted for my Mom because I thought she needed a smaller environment to get better, I felt comfortable with them. With my few visit there, I got the impression that everybody was happy and was receiving the level of care that they needed. I was hoping to get her in but did not got the chance to do so.

September 27, 2012

By Mr. Blue

My grandmother was put into this facility after her hospitalization. The staff at Westlake Village were more than happy to help her out with everyday activites/chores. I was always greeted with a smile from these people, and they were always more than willing to make me and my grandmother comfortable there.

May 18, 2012

By kkovacic123

The women at the front desk are very nice and always greet you when you walk in. My grandma stays on the first floor. Her room is a little small but they are kept nice clean and offer room service. I went to dinner with my grandma at the dining hall. They have three different times that you can choose from to go to. The meal was decent, could of been a little warmer but overall it was pretty good. Our waitress was super nice and attentive. The waiters were all dressed up in white button ups and ties just like at a fancy restaurant. They also had a salad bar available for the residents. They hold concerts in the main room by the front doors. They also have a recreational room where they have bingo nights or any other type of event like that. Overall I think this is one of the better retirement homes that I have seen.

May 15, 2012

By Marie4

This is one of the nicest retirement communities I have been to. When my grandfather first moved in, I remember thinking how nice his new apartment was, and hoping that he would take advantage of all the social activities and trips that the staff at Westlake Village plan for the residents. It took him a little bit of time to adjust, but he ended up fitting in just fine there and make a lot of friends. He was very happy while he was living there. If you are considering Westlake Village for yourself or someone you love, I would recommend it. The only thing to keep in mind is that they do not provide assisted-living services. When my grandfather fell and broke his hip, he had to move to somewhere that provided help with daily activities such as bathing and using the restroom. Staff members do check on residents, though--that's how we were able to find out so quickly that he fell!

March 06, 2012

By caring family member

This is a beautiful facility both inside and outside. It provides a warm and exciting atmosphere for its residents. There are many opportunities for the residents to mingle, enjoy activities and take day trips. I was especially impressed with the variety of meals offered to the residents. The dinner menu included about six different entree options. The dinning room was bright and the staff seemed very friendly. The facility also offers cleaning services for the residents' rooms. There are opportunities for religious services at the facility. Additionally, the facility provides transportation to various churches in the area. The transportation schedule also includes regular trips to the local grocery stores and drug stores. The residents can opt to schedule transportation to necessary doctor or dentist appointments. I believe this is an excellent facility providing extensive services to their residents. I would be happy to have my family member living at Westlake Village.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Westlake Village

Photos of Brookdale Westlake Village

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Westlake Village

About Brookdale Westlake Village

Brookdale Westlake Village provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Westlake Village