The Ganzhorn Suites
Offers Memory Care
Reviews of The Ganzhorn Suites
Memory Care Reviews for The Ganzhorn Suites
June 17, 2016
I visited this facility
June 10, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Questions about The Ganzhorn Suites
What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?
We offer a team of Certified Dementia Practitioners
How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?
We staff at 1:6 during the day and 1:8 at night
What programs or activities does The Ganzhorn Suites offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?
We offered personalized enrichment activities based on each stage of dementia. Most enrichment activities are 1-on-1 or small groups.
Who assesses residents' health and cognitive functioning? How often is that assessment repeated?
Our Clinical Director and Clinical Coordinators assess residents prior to admission and on an on-going basis to ensure that each resident is receiving the right care for their stage of dementia.
What techniques does The Ganzhorn Suites use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?
We offer small group seating (2 to 4 people per table). We also have nutritional caregivers who assist residents with eating.
How does The Ganzhorn Suites keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?
We keep families informed through regularly scheduled care conferences.
Describe the neighborhood around The Ganzhorn Suites. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?
We are located in a Powell, a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Powell is a beautiful community that includes upscale homes, delicious dining options and a variety of big box and boutique retail establishments.
Is The Ganzhorn Suites affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?
Our Medical Director, Dr. Douglas Scharre, is a Neurologist affiliated with Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. However, we are located close to several OhioHealth hospitals as well as Mt. Carmel Hospitals.
Costs for The Ganzhorn Suites
Cost of Memory Care
Services and Amenities of The Ganzhorn Suites
- All Inclusive Rent
- Fee Structure Extra: One Time Community Fee Of $1000.00 Prior To Move In
- Memory Care Starting At: $8250/month
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra: All Private Suites
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Party Space
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Features Extra: Putting Green, Laundry Service
- Laundry For Linens
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Skilled Nursing
- Hospice Care
- Medication Management
- Physical Therapy
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Home Sale Assistance
- Va Benefits Consultation
- Financial Guidance Extra: We Have Excellent Community Partnerships To Help Families Find The Support They Need
- Guest Parking
- Guests At Mealtime
- Overnight Guests
- Resident Capacity: 68
- Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
Range of services
- Physical Therapy
- State Licenses: 2724R
About The Ganzhorn Suites
- Dr. Douglas Scharre, a nationally recognized physician from Ohio State University, is our Medical Director
- All of our staff members will be Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Exceptional staffing levels – nearly twice what you’ll find at typical centers (1 staff member to 5 residents)
- Nurses on-site 24/7
- Purpose-built environment featuring four intimate households with all private suites (16 residents per household)
- Personalized enrichment programming
- Advanced safety and monitoring technology to support independence
Our rates are all-inclusive and include:
- All care services
- All routine medical supplies, including incontinence supplies
- All personal care toiletries
- Fully furnished private suite
- Laundry services
- All utilities
The only extras will be medications and beauty shop services. Our rates start at $7,950 and vary depending on the size of suite selected (all are fully furnished private suites with full private baths). If you do some rate comparisons, you’ll find that we are comparable to other centers when you take into account that our rates are all-inclusive and we provide more care due to our exceptional staffing levels.Get Costs