The Lodge Care Center Inc

Reviews of The Lodge Care Center Inc

Nursing Home Reviews for The Lodge Care Center Inc

June 17, 2014

By DMFULLER5

My mother-in-law stayed her for about 3 months combined over several visits for rehab after hospital visits. I have a lot of positive things to say about The Lodge. The facility is always kept up well, there isn't a lot of bad odors common in nursing homes, staffing levels seem higher than other facilities which translates into higher levels of care, the quality of the food appears to be good. I'm giving only 3 stars because of the administration and staff that run the facility. Family care conferences are infrequent and our first one was a waste of our time. Nobody there really knew my mother-in-law or her situation and admitted to it. It was frustrating to lose time off work for this meeting that didn't provide any information. When I asked a question about long-term nursing, I was told my MIL didn't need to be in a nursing home. This was quite different than what I had been told by other healthcare professionals who were more familiar with her and was very frustrating to have such a blanket statement made in front of my MIL who is very resistant to ever staying long-term in a nursing home. What really made me frustrated was our experience with transferring her from The Lodge to an assisted living facility 4 hours away in SW Indiana where my family had relocated. As many of you know, you can’t just check yourself in to a care facility. You need a doctors order for the transfer. I was told by the AL facility that The Lodge was basically not cooperating with the transfer even though The Lodge recommended to us that we place her in AL. They wouldn’t fax over her records so the AL had to contact a hospital directly to get them. When we left The Lodge to drive my MIL to the AL in Indiana, I had assumed the paperwork for the transfer had been taken care of by The Lodge. I got a call from the AL place on the way down that The Lodge still hadn’t sent over the orders so that she could be transferred. I literally had to pull over to call The Lodge to make sure they would cooperate. I was assured by someone from The Lodge that they would send the orders over right away. You would think having to call from the side of the road would get their attention, but they still ignored us and wouldn’t cooperate. After arriving at the AL place, I was told they did make contact with The Lodge but they still wouldn’t send the order over. Fortunately, the AL used their own doctor to write the order for her to stay there. Had it not been for that, we would have been 4 hours away from Cincinnati with all my MIL’s belonging in the back of a U-Haul truck and nowhere for her to stay. Like I said earlier, there are a lot of positive aspects of the Lodge and the staff that cares for the residents are wonderful, it’s just the administration and a lot of the office staff that I have problems with. I don’t expect them to be perfect but when they continually refuse to help, even after calling from the side of the road, you have to question where their values are and if they’re really in this to help people out.

April 10, 2012

By Crowley

The Lodge take really good care of my grandmother. They have a very friendly staff and excellent food when I go too visit her. The rooms are always kept very nice and the staff is available 24/7 catering to all of my grandmothers needs. Another thing is that the price to stay there is very reasonable compared to the level of care a resident receives. The only complaint I can think of is the outside of the building is not very well kept, some of the siding seems to be falling off and the grass isn't always very well tamed. there are plenty of parking for multiple visitors. Another plus is that the residents have a lot of freedom they are free to go too any part of the building and there are many activities for my grandmother to do at pretty much any time of the day.

Photos of The Lodge Care Center Inc

About The Lodge Care Center Inc

5 Star Quality Rated by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services NEWLY RENOVATED! The Lodge Nursing & Rehab Center specializes in rehabilitation and skilled nursing services and we works to ensure a smooth and safe transition from our facility back to your home. In addition, we provide caring and compassionate nursing services to those suffering from Alzheimer's disease and memory impairments in our secure wing. Long term care is available for those with chronic conditions that compromise their ability to perform the daily activities of life. With a continuum of care provided within our retirement campus, The Lodge Nursing & Rehab Center is steps away from The Lodge Retirement Community, where independent and assisted living folks reside. Our convenient location, in the heart of Symmes Township, is perfect for anyone currently residing in Mason, Landen, Maineville, Loveland, Miford, or Goshen and surrounding areas. -120 skilled nursing beds -Physical, occupational and speech therapy -36-bed Secure Alzheimer's/Dementia unit -Private & Semi-private rooms -Wound care -State-of-the-art rehab gym -Long Term Care -Located steps away from The Lodge Retirement Community CONTACT US TODAY, ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE.

Map of The Lodge Care Center Inc