Otterbein Lebanon

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care

585 N State Route 741, Lebanon, OH 45036
Otterbein Lebanon (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Otterbein Lebanon

Independent Living Reviews for Otterbein Lebanon

Nursing Home Reviews for Otterbein Lebanon

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Otterbein Lebanon

July 28, 2015

My parents are at Otterbein. They live in a little duplex, and it has everything that they need. They have transportation available on campus because it is a huge place. They do have a clinic, and they have activities they can go to. On Fridays they have a concert in the park and live bands that play different types of music during the summer. They also have religious and arts activities. They have just been out there for a couple of weeks, but so far, we are pretty impressed.

April 27, 2015

Otterbein was a very large campus. It was very nice. They had the full range from independent bungalow to assisted living, and I believed they also had nursing homes. It was an all-in-one care, but it was a spread out facility on a very large property. The independent living was acres and acres, and then they had one large recreational building that had couple of different places to eat and coffee shops. They had another building for assisted living and yet another building for a nursing home. I loved the amenities. If my mom could have handled living on a big campus, that was going to be it. If you were able to go out and wanted a bigger property, then Otterbein it is. It had a pool, and it was state of the art. The apartments were very up-to-date and spacious. It was very nice.

January 18, 2014

By Missy4

The only place we really looked in to was Otterbein and that's where mom got her rehab. It was an absolutely wonderful place and I could not say enough good about it. It used to be built in the middle of nowhere, but now they had a race lane/casino which was not even 5 minutes away. There was also a lot of shopping and malls. But even though it had them around it, it was still like out in the Country. So, it was in a beautiful setting with lots of open spaces. Mom's room was in the old facility and the rooms there were very clean and neat, but were very small. In the new facility, they had a beautiful indoor swimming pool and beautiful dining rooms. The staff was wonderful. In fact, they had called her several times since she's been out of the facility just checking out to see how she was doing. We would go visit them on Monday and she's going to take a lot of teddy bears for the people there from her collection.

November 27, 2013

By Lynn21

I was looking for an assisted living facility, but since my mom-in-law has deteriorated, she is right now at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle which is a nursing home. We chose this facility because first it was church related and second, my mother is there in there independent living area. On the campus, they have houses, they have patio homes, and they have smaller apartment that deals with the independent living. They have assisted living and full nursing care as well. She is in a private room. She has a private bath and nice big windows. In her room, she has her hospital bed, a large TV cabinet, and a large triple dresser, chairs. We brought all her stuff from home and it all fits beautifully. She has her own art work. It's a nice room, but the closet space is just too small. I've eaten there several times and the food is excellent. The first six months my mother-in-law was there, she was very angry, very abusive to her caretakers. She was hitting people, throwing things, using horrible language, but still they were very good to her. They were very patient and kind until realized that they are very kind to her and they are no longer having problems like that. She is taking some medication to help with her mood. They were wonderful.

October 30, 2013

By Lisa42

Nothing compared with Otterbein because it was just fabulous. It really was. It was designed so well for every level of care. It had so many amenities, space and comfort. It was just amazing. We met the marketing director and she was very nice. I would highly recommend it to others.

July 05, 2012

By jacob harding

I interviewed this provider

Upon first entering Otterbein homes I noticed the beautiful landscape that was set before me. Just the outsides of the houses seemed like places where I would even be humbled to live in. I also noticed in the distance was a church. I later learned that it was a Methodist church. When we entered the main office I noticed how well maintained it was. All the workers seemed to be nice and helpful. They showed us the inside of one of the homes. The kitchens were decent enough, enough to get by with. The bathrooms had attachments to help out those who needed help to move around in the bathroom without the assistance of others. The bedrooms were pretty nice, and almost seemed like a nice hotel. We took a tour of the lands around the facility. We saw a golf course next to it and a park as well. The lands seemed to go on and on. A place where it seems if you were unfamiliar with, that you could get lost. The forestry added a majestic feel to the lands. Sadly, not everyone there seemed to be to thrilled. While there was a nice selection of things to do, It just didn't seem like people were truly happy here. Apart of the tour we got to participate in a craft session. It seemed that my Grandparents had fun. But for how long would that be fun. The workers did not mention much more than 5 or 6 other things that they could do. I'd hope that it would change but they made no notion of it. While my Grandparents consider this place as an option, I do not honestly think that they will choose this facility.

November 17, 2011

By Caregiving in Southern Ohio

HAD A VARIETY OF LEVELS OF SERVICE -- INDEPENDENT HOUSING, ASSISTED CARE DUPLEX ROOMS WITH DINING FACILITIES AND ALSO FULL NURSING CARE.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

• About Otterbein Lebanon

Otterbein Lebanon exudes both energy and serenity. That’s because its 1,400 gently rolling acres are located amid some of the fastest growing communities in southern Ohio. Only minutes from I-75 in southern Ohio, the Otterbein Lebanon Lifestyle Community sits serenely on beautifully landscaped grounds. Historic Marble Hall welcomes visitors with its grand façade. Tidy homes line friendly little streets. Gardens and ponds beckon. The lovely view of wooded hills changes with the season. And our private entrance to Warren County Armco Park, with its 18-hole golf course and 110-acre lake, is right nearby. This is living!

Designed for active lifestyles in neighborly surroundings, every step leads to something pleasant to do. You’ll find yourself among friends who enjoy the same things you do. Like fishing or fitness walking. Working in the garden, art studios or woodshop. Playing shuffle board or bocce ball on a sunny day, or Wii games indoors. Our new life enrichment center with its pool, fitness center, walking track, reading room and activity rooms engage mind and body.

There's a vibrant social scene. Our monthly newsletter "Echoes", is packed with activities and personal stories. There’s so much to do: Book groups and coffee clubs. Games and parties. Concerts, lectures and educational classes. Prayer groups and choir practice. Once you’re out and about with all these friendly people, Otterbein Lebanon soon feels like a second family!

It's very easy to get out and about. Excursions and local sight-seeing opportunities abound. Explore the nearby historic town of Lebanon with its festivals, or Waynesville with its antiques. Catch a Cincinnati Reds game, the Cincinnati Flower Show, or visit the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton. Central to so many attractions, our location is ideal for those who love outings.

As with all Otterbein campuses, you'll have choices and amenities galore. There are options for living spaces, dining, wellness and health care services, life enrichment and so much more. What would you like to do today? You set the pace. We just keep up with you!

Today’s Otterbein Lifestyle Communities is an organization long defined by innovation and compassion. We've been gaining support and momentum since our founding and are still driven by vision and faith.

Otterbein origins date back to 1912, when the first community was built in Lebanon, Ohio. The full story of Otterbein’s founding will inspire you.

Originally a home for the elderly and orphaned, in the 1960’s Otterbein devoted itself exclusively to enhancing the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons.

We continue to grow here at Otterbein Lebanon. Currently under construction are the Terrace Place Apartments and The Orchards with ranch style homes. Come see us grow!

Map of Otterbein Lebanon