Doverwood Village

Reviews of Doverwood Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Doverwood Village

August 23, 2017

By highschool

The care in this facility is substandard. You have to constantly be present and stay on nursing staff to provide the care that is needed. My dad was here for rehab and was basically left in the room to fend for himself. He often had to tell them how to help him get up because they were lifting him wrong. The facility is clean but has a funky smell. It's a shame that the care is not better because it's a beautiful facility and the rooms are nice. I would not recommend this facility.

July 11, 2017

By jw4as

Our relative recently passed away at Doverwood. His care was mediocre - huge improvement when Hospice was added. My reason for writing this review is that Doverwood forced us to pay one month in advance when we admitted our relative. He passed away well before the month ended, and we've spent months attempting to get the credit due his estate. We've had to pay legal fees and, if we ever get the credit, we will have to have the amount probated - yet another expense. Just be careful what you agree to financially if you decide to sign a contract with this facility. I can't even get their billing department to call me back. There ought to be some type of advisory board where consumers can report this type of situation. I'm guessing people usually just give up and Doverwood/Hillendale profits. Today my husband went all the way to the CFO of the parent company - not that we expect that to really make any difference.

March 27, 2017

By Jerry Garshelis

I was a patient at Doverwood and received the best care ever. I stayed on and off for 4 months and can honestly say there was never a time that I did not receive the care I needed. Like many nursing homes they get very busy and yes from time to time are a little short handed, but they never fail to get to you for treatment. I owe my recovery of my wounds to their exceptional care! I would highly recommend this facility to get care.

November 02, 2016

By Mary062645

I have been in Doverwood Village for rehab. They let me lay there several days with pneumonia when I kept begging for someone to get me a doctor and an antibiotic. I was very unhappy there. Finally I grabbed a nurse, coughed, and showed her green stuff. They called the doctor, and she had to do an in-bed x-ray which wasn't a good way to check for pneumonia. They got the head of the medical department, and he came in. Sure enough, I had pneumonia. I was unhappy that they let me lay there. My second time there, I had the misfortune of needing the same doctor, she was the only one on-call, and I had to put up with her. Everybody was wonderful but I did not like the doctor because she was NOT good.

May 12, 2016

By Dallis

Please if you want good care for your family memeber or loved one, this is not the place to go. Under staffed, hygiene of the residents is very poor. The attitude of the aides is very bad and I really don't think they care about their jobs at all. My father was finally transferred to a better facility and its like a breath of fresh air. It doesnt stink like Doverwood did and we are happy we finally got him into a place that truely cares and will work with us on all bases.

September 02, 2015

By yg513

Long term care in need of some remodel, not enough help, the place need better kept clean, odor hits you in the face when you walk in. Do not recommend this kind term care facility.

August 30, 2015

By five775

Please if your loved one can't get around well on his/her own do NOT go here. I observed on many occassions the patients being ignored. The nursing staff is way undermanned. I went to the main desk several times and nobody was there. The family member or friend can go and ask for the patient to be helped or changed and still have to wait way too long. More than once something that was ordered for a meal was not delivered because it was unavailable (nothing was substituted). There was one very caring, helpful STNA. Yes just one that I happen to see. The facility is beautiful, but if you need care and attention this is NOT the place to go.

April 28, 2015

By Daughter Kris

Staff is extremely inattentive. The rehab staff is great, but the nursing staff is neglectful. Pushing the call button is at least a one-hour wait, which can make for an uncomfortable situation. The facility is nice, but it's only as good as the care received.

April 05, 2014

By Kathy2014

The rehab facility is spacious. If you or your loved one cannot move around on your own this probably isn't the place for you. Rehab was just ok. They have events but no one would take my spouse even after being asked. The billing office contact was uncooperative, not willing to listen on how my insurance company said to do some billing.

June 30, 2013

By Carol41

I'm really pleased with Doverwood Village that my mom is currently in. She is perfectly happy. The care is wonderful. The food is great. The facility is beautiful. She likes everything about it and so does the family.

Memory Care Reviews for Doverwood Village

Costs for Doverwood Village

Photos of Doverwood Village

Services and Amenities of Doverwood Village

• State Licenses: Lic 2608R

About Doverwood Village

Assisted Living Care

Our Assisted Living Care facilities are called Ashley Place and they feature an independent environment, with assurance that help is nearby. Individualized care is designed with concern and compassion to promote the highest level of physical, spiritual and cognitive functioning.

Ashley Place Assisted Living Care is currently available at our Chesterwood VIllage and Doverwood Village locations. It’s the ideal solution for residents who value their independence yet require assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing and medication

Just the Right Amount of Support

Everyone wants to live as enjoyably as possible. Give your loved one the comfort of his or her own daily routine along with the safety and support of assisted living care.

There’s no one-size-fits-all program or environment when it comes to real people in real life. You are an individual and so are the people you care about. That means that your situation, while it may have similarities to others, is bound to be unique.

This is why each Hillandale resident receives personalized care suited to his or her individual wants and needs. While all of our family members deserve the same love and respect, they also deserve a special collection of personal care options that fits the way they want to live.

From keeping things clean and serving nutritious meals to helping organize medications and maintain good hygiene, we care about the same things that you do. Plus we have the benefit of a direct connection to doctors, specialists, and other healthcare professionals that may be needed.

Moving to a Hillandale Community can be the beginning of a new season in life filled with friendships and fun. It’s the kind of place where loving hands take care of the mundane, burdensome aspects of life, so that all that’s left to do is live the way you please.

Both Chesterwood Village and Doverwood Village are conveniently located near restaurants, parks, shopping, hospitals, churches and more with transportation and assistance available.

Memory Care Assisted Living

Our memories can be some of the most personal and precious things we carry with us. And when they begin to fade, the effects can be devastating. Unfortunately science is still wrestling with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. So, while we eagerly await a cure, there are things we can do to bring comfort in the meantime.

Our Memory Care Assisted Living facilities are called Chelsea Place and they feature Memory Care in an Assisted Living environment. This approach creates a peaceful setting with the assurance that help is nearby.

Doverwood Village, is conveniently located at 4195 Hamilton-Mason Road in Fairfield Township, Ohio, between Bypass 4 and Ohio State Route 747. This location features a variety of living solutions with NO ENTRANCE FEES and easy access from Interstate 75 via the Butler County Regional Highway 129. Doverwood Village originated in 1962 and has grown to include Post-Hospital Rehabilitation Care, Apartment-Style Memory Care, Assisted Living and Long Term Nursing services. For four generations the local community has been able to look to our family-owned and operated village as a highly rated provider of healthcare and retirement living. Doverwood is one of the three Hillandale Family of Communities and includes the signature entertainment boulevard of Main Street. Main Street is not only fascinating and innovative, it offers abundant opportunities for residents to add to their active lifestyle. Stop by anytime and visit O’Smyley’s Pub, Monarch Cinema, Belle Chapel, Maddy’s Salon and much more. “We care like family, because we are.”

Map of Doverwood Village