Brighton Gardens of Washington Township

6800 Paragon Road, Dayton, OH 45459
Brighton Gardens of Washington Township (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 220 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Washington Township

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Washington Township

December 25, 2019

By Bette

We went to Brighton Gardens of Washington Township. It was nice, they had a nice living area that people were gathered around, and they were getting together because it was near supper time. I remember the TV set with comfortable seating, and we saw a couple of different rooms. In the smaller room, they used the furniture to divide the living area and the sleeping area, and there was a small area to prepare simple food. It seemed nice, it wasn't overly crowded, and it looked comfortable. The other room had a bedroom off the living area, it was of course larger, and it all seemed comfortable. The facility was clean and well kept.

May 31, 2019

By Ann

Brighton Gardens of Washington Township is a huge facility. My friend would have been totally lost there. The staff was friendly. They do a lot of trips.

August 28, 2018

By Joyce

We liked Brighton Gardens at Washington Township, but they didn't offer what we needed. The rooms were pleasant, but the 2-bedroom they had was too small. The setupiss OK for a couple, but not for a mother and son. I like that the place was very welcoming and warm, and from that aspect, they're the best among the ones we looked at. They have a full list of activities, which is pretty standard for places like this, and activities include field trips, gaming, they have a variety of people coming in, and so on. The staff was very pleasant. They are setup where each group has their own assigned person, and I really liked that.

February 27, 2018

By Anonymous

I did like Brighton Gardens. It was clean, friendly, and seemed well-maintained. All the staff members that we passed during the tour were friendly. The dining area looked well-maintained and had a welcoming environment. There seemed to be lots of activity there. The staff encouraged the residents to be involved. They have an outdoor walking path around the building and they have a walking club.

June 01, 2017

By cynthia737177

We really liked Brighton Gardens of Washington Township, but they cost more and don't take government funds. I liked them better because it was more of a skilled nursing facility and their staffing was better than other places.

August 22, 2016

By Cheryl112266

I liked Brighton Gardens of Washington Township very much. I got a good impression. The staff was extremely nice. I saw them dealing with residents there, and I liked what I saw. I liked the contact that they had with the patients. I was just impressed. Everyone was really friendly. There was a large activity room. I met with the director, who seemed very enthusiastic. I think they would offer just about anything that a person might be interested in. They had bingo and some social gatherings. I thought the dining room was very nice and inviting. The general area where people were sitting was beautifully decorated, warm, and comfortable-looking. I didn't feel like I was in an assisted living facility. I could have been in a hotel almost, and I was really impressed by that.

June 10, 2016

By Robin811648

My father is in Brighton Gardens, and it's very bright and cheery. There are a lot of people around in the lobby. The room, even though we picked the smallest room, is a pretty good size. The food seems to be pretty good. I would say they are probably short-staffed like any nursing home or assisted living, but the people that work there are very friendly and try to do a really good job. They do his laundry at night on a Wednesday and don't bring it back until Friday or Saturday, so I think that's not very timely. Also, not everybody wears their name tags. That would be helpful for my father to know who these people are.

July 06, 2015

By Mark108779450

My mom is at Brighton Gardens. The staff is very personable. They take their time there in everything. The dining room looks like a restaurant with tablecloths, iced water, and the meals. The two rooms that I've looked at were just a bedroom with a bathroom; they're like a master bedroom. They were clean. My mom is in the memory care unit. They offer like exercise class and arts class. Those are the type of classes they offer there to get them moving. However, they need to have more aides per person in the memory unit.

March 07, 2015

I have visited Brighton Gardens, and it was fine. It is very nice. They have nice big spacious rooms. It looks like it would be a pretty decent facility. The people who assisted us were friendly, but I didn't feel a whole lot of interactions. We like the rooms, we liked the setup, and we like how it is. It is a nice facility, and it had what we were looking for. The rooms that they showed us were very nice. We were looking for a certain type of room, and they had that. We liked the rooms at this place.

January 14, 2015

By frisbee

Very nice facility. Generally they have a caring staff. My mother is there. They seem a little under-staffed. Sometimes I've seen people wait a whie to get help. My mther complains that she sits 30 minutes in the dining room to get her meals, and sometimes they have run out of the entree she wants by the time they get to her, and they often run out of desserts and she doesn't get any. Their activities seem a little slim - they don't go out very often. The medical doctor she sees there has never contacted me. Her nurses are good to let me know what's going on with her. If my mother needed a lot more care, I would possibly think about moving her. But for the price they charge, it's not a bad place in her current condition.

October 23, 2014

By Sheila15

My uncle has been placed at the Brighton Gardens. We chose it as it was convenient for us to visit the facility, and it was convenient for us if he needed anything. They are doing a good job so far. The facility is very good, and it has a nice atmosphere. Everything is kept very clean. Anytime he needs anything, they make sure someone is there to help him out. The staff is wonderful and no matter what questions I have, they always answer. They do have different things going like bingo and games. So far it has been really a good experience.

July 22, 2014

By Jeff24

Brighton Gardens was good. It was very nice. Mom didn't like the multiple levels. We spoke with the director of sales and the receptionist. The rooms were quite nice. They were just too small. My mom and dad could not have lived there.

November 02, 2011

By upsetnow

We have a family member in this establishment and the care has gone down drastically. When he went in there was a group of caring people around him most of the time and activities that kept the place humming. In the last year we have had to deal with 6 months of scavies, neglect of his teeth to the point that they hadn't been brushed in at least 3 weeks when we were called to take him to a dentist. He has Alzheimers and cannot tell us how he is being treated so I have to pop in several times a week to make sure he is clean and his clothes have been changed. I miss the old staff. They have had major staffing changes twice in the past 6 months. It is a lovely building but that is all I can say for it at this time.

July 12, 2011

By itripped

I have mixed emotions about the facility,atleast some of the care givers. On the overall average the staff seems very warm and genuine about caring for the residents but there are a few that give the impression that it is just a pay check. The facility itself is very up to date and modern. The caregivers do respond to the residents needs in a very timely matter.The residents are handled to plenty of care when they need help.The meals seem to be vey well prepared and served on plates that give a radiant atmosphere. If there is a need for a doctor to be called in to see a resident the matter is dealt with right away.Any resident that has a special request the staff does try their best to see if the request can be met.No resident looks like they have been neglected in any way or abused.

Memory Care Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Washington Township