Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care Columbus, OH

Reviews of Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

March 31, 2020

By LN

Sage Park Alzheimer's Special Care Center is very impressive. However, I'm not sure my mom is ready for memory care. I am super impressed with it. If my mom gets to the point where there is more of a memory care need, then I would definitely consider this place. It is great for memory care. They definitely specialize in that. The staff memnber who assisted me was wonderful. She's one of the reasons why I would totally consider them. They have a shared room, which is minimal. They have private rooms, but even with a private room it is a shared bathroom. The rooms are small. They keep the residents busy there. They go from one activity to another.

November 13, 2019

By Cindy

Sage Park Alzheimer's Special Care Center was really nice. I liked it a lot. It's big, open, and dedicated to memory care. It's just too far away for us. The dining area seemed nice.

August 31, 2018

By Cindy

My mom is now living in Sage Park. It's very warm and comfortable, and feels more like you're in a home setting than in a medical setting. The rooms are very spacious, even the shared rooms. The staff has worked with us and they work very well with my mother. The food is good and my mom does not complain. There are two dining rooms based on the needs of the residents. They have Bingo, trivia, Happy Hours, snack time, and outings.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Hope Blooms Specialized Dementia Care Training received annually.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

1:8 daytime 1:10 overnight

What programs or activities does Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Sage Park utilizes Montessori based life enrichment. Our curriculum includes virtual reality travel, reminiscent therapy, music therapy, pet therapy, art therapy, and cognitive engagement

Nursing assesses cognitive functions upon admission and they are seen by medical staff once a month. Assessments are also performed as needed if a change has occurred.

What techniques does Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Sage Park practices the MIND Diet to promote brain and cardiovascular health. Our team is available to assist with meal times by prompting residents to attend meals and queuing individuals. For individuals requiring more assistance, our staff can also assess dietary needs such as finger foods, pureed foods, or thickened liquids. Our caregivers are also available if an individual needs feeding assistance.

How does Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Care conferences are offered quarterly, and residents are able to call family when they like. Family can call in at any time for an update or to be connected with their loved one.

Describe the neighborhood around Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care . Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Sage Park is located on the cusp of New Albany and Gahanna. The area is suburban with many shopping and restaurant options nearby.

Is Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Sage Park is not affiliated with a hospital but does work closely with hospitals in the area such as Mount Carmel East and Ohio Health Riverside.

Costs for Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: Pending

About Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

It's quality moments spent with others that truly celebrate a life well lived with great activities, the best of care, beautiful surroundings, and delicious meals. At Sage Park we believe these meaningful experiences are enhanced by those who surround us.

Our distinctive Meaningful Moments&reg program takes a holistic approach to caring for our residents. The Meaningful Moments program philosophy emphasizes: Becoming familiar with each resident's unique life story, honoring the resident as an individual, recognizing that we care for the whole person - physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually, creating a partnership of caring that includes the resident, family and staff, and understanding that a person living with dementia can continue to experience life in a meaningful way

Map of Sage Park Assisted Living & Memory Care