Bickford of Scioto

Reviews of Bickford of Scioto

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Scioto

March 08, 2017

By Jennifer001144

Sunrise of the Scioto is older, so the wallpaper and the carpet are old, but the care is great. That’s what I care about, especially for my dad.

September 01, 2016

By Dana328067

I chose Sunrise on the Scioto for my aunt. I was very impressed with this community because they have a floor called “The Reminiscence” floor which is especially for those who have Alzheimer’s and such. My aunt has become so fragile that I don’t know if it would matter, even though I was so impressed with that floor. I would be more impressed if I could have actually seen a place in that community that has services for those who are immobile.

October 23, 2015

By Carolyn114164950

I liked Sunrise; I had a family member who was very well taken care of there. However, they did not have any rooms available when we were looking. It was very cosy, but the rooms were not big enough, and they did not have men living there. The staff was kind, and they had good family activities available. They constantly keep residents out of their rooms and doing things.

May 27, 2015

By Debbie106986350

I visited Sunrise; it was pleasant and clean. They seemed like they cared. The rooms were small; there was bingo.

May 03, 2015

By Steve104476050

My mom is already on the list at Sunrise on the Scioto. We chose them because it was nice, and the people were nice as well. The rooms were great, and the place itself is in great shape.

January 29, 2015

By Jodi5

We visited Sunrise on the Scioto. It is very clean and very nice. There were lots of staff, and they were very friendly. They actually showed us a lived-in apartment. So there were people there that were endorsed for you to see their rooms. It wasn't even pre-arranged; she just knocked on the door and asked if we can come in and see how the room was laid out. So we were able to see different styles of rooms. We met a few of the staff and a few of the people there. They seem content and happy. The staff was very friendly, and I noticed that they were very attentive to people's needs. They see something a person needs before they ask. I saw that happen, and I thought that they were meeting needs before being asked. They had activities every weekend and things going on during the week when they take bus trips and that kind of thing. I thought it was clean, and they were willing to help us with my mom whether she stayed there or not. They made it very clear many times that they are here to answer any questions.

January 15, 2015

The aides and the people that care of my mother are very good, but I am very upset with the management of Sunrise on the Scioto. I would never recommend somebody to go there. The rooms were small but nice. The food is good, and the menu is pretty healthy. The dining room is nice. I have been very happy with it with the exception of the upper level management. They bill for things that they don’t do, and they must improve on their billing.

Thank you for your message. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

January 15, 2015

By Carole16

This facility had more of a nursing home feel to it. It is a little smaller, it has several floors, and the rooms that I looked at were nicely sized. The staff was nice, and they followed up. When you came in to the facility on the first floor where the offices were and where the receptionist was, there were resident rooms. A few of them had the doors open and you could see that there were people in bed. It just had more of an institutional feel to me as opposed to something that would be more geared toward independent or assisted living. Of all the places I saw and visited, I would say Sunrise on the Scioto probably had the least appeal to me.

December 27, 2014

I visited Sunrise on the Scioto for my wife and I. I like Sunrise. It is not as big; it's much smaller. The people were very nice. I would certainly recommend it because it may not have been as glamorous as the other facility, but it was certainly very nice. I found the staff to be knowledgeable and willing to be of whatever service that you need. They were excellent in how they treated me. They took me through everything I wanted to see. Anything I wanted to see was fine. They must have spent at least an hour and a half with me walking through the building, talking about the facility, and explaining things to me. At one room, they were singing along with someone playing an instrument. The facility was older. It wasn't as modern as the other facility, but it was a magnificent old building. It was impressive in that the antiquity of it was kind of charming.

October 09, 2014

By Commenter

The facility is inviting and the office staff is pleasant. The reception area is very nice. Sunrise on Scioto has undergone significant turnover at all levels over the past years. This has negatively impacted the ability of this facility to provide a consistent level of care and attention to each resident. If you are considering this facility, ask about the actual staff to resident ratio (daytime, night, and weekends). Visit the dementia floor since these residents require the highest and most-taxing level of attention and, at the same time, are at the highest risk. If possible, talk to family members of residents if you happen to see them during your visit. There apparently is a doctor available to the facility, but that option has not been always reliable. The reality of life is that the elderly progress from being fairly mobile and alert with only limited needs for assistance and, over the years, progress rapidly to being immobile and requiring 100% assistance with toiletry and eating. The ability to attract and retain employees with the required skill-set, disposition, and dedication to work with these most-needful residents must be difficult; however, that is the level of care which you are paying for and should expect. I encourage the director and managers to walk the halls of every floor at least once a day and engage the residents and staff. I have met some truly wonderful dedicated staff at Scioto and appreciate their work ethic. I hope their enthusiasm and dedication spreads throughout the facility.

Thank you for your review. We’d like to learn more specifics about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

September 24, 2014

Sunrise was clean, and it had a good view. I’ve had some friends there. The staff was knowledgeable. It was a bigger community and the rooms were fine.

February 10, 2014

By scurtner

My mom has been there about 5 months. It is a very well maintained and well run facility. She is happy there and That is what matters. She is happy .

August 14, 2013

By Caring 9262

I'm living in Sunrise on The Scioto in their assisted living facility. It is a very nice place. What I like best about this facility is that it is close to my family. Also their staff is very nice and the food is great. I just like it here.

June 22, 2013

By Kathi2

We visited Sunrise at The Scioto for my mother-in-law. They claimed that it was independent but it was more of an assisted living facility. Everything about it was not what we're looking for. The staff was nice, but the rooms were too small. They only had a dorm-sized refrigerator inside the bedroom and there was no kitchen. We were looking for an apartment that had a kitchen area. It just wasn't what we're looking for.

June 25, 2012

By Volunteer/Friend

My experience with Sunrise was generally positive. The facility was very clean and bright there were multiple areas where the residents could engage in activities, including a snack bar and a craft area, and the facility frequently had special events such as entertainers who played piano or sang for the group. There were nice decorations and flowers / plants, and in general the atmosphere was quite welcoming. However, assisted living facilities can be overwhelming at times, because there are so many elderly people who seem to be in pain or depressed. In particular, when I was volunteering I accidentally got off the elevator on the wrong floor and ended up in the Alzheimer's wing which was a bit distressing because one individual kept yelling, "help me" and other individuals were walking back and forth down the hallway. I think it's a good idea that there was a separate area for these patients, but still, I felt maybe they were understaffed or something because it seemed chaotic. That said, the residents on the other floors seemed very calm and generally content, though not all of them seemed happy. In conclusion, the facilities and amenities seemed excellent, but the agency may have been slightly understaffed.

November 02, 2011

By charman

Sunrise on the Scioto is absolutely wonderful. My mother was stayed here for three months and enjoyed her stay. The staff is very kind and courteous, and always there to assist when help help is needed. the nursers and the rest of the staff are very informed and knowledgeable. The amenities are great, they have a nice kitchen and dining hall, good food, and plenty of activities to stay involved in. The facilities are well kept and extremely nice. Overall this place is great,if you are looking for a place, this is a wonderful option.

Costs for Bickford of Scioto

Photos of Bickford of Scioto

Services and Amenities of Bickford of Scioto

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Bickford of Scioto

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little — none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn't find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult — but we've also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother's happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we're devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services