Elmcroft of Deer Park

3801 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Elmcroft of Deer Park (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 20 days

Lease by December 31 and save up to $1,500 on your base rent in July 2019!* See our Sales Director for details.

Reviews of Elmcroft of Deer Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Deer Park

February 17, 2016

By Loving Son7

I put my mom in Amber Park. It is good. They have a knowledgeable nursing staff. She is in the memory care unit, and they do a pretty good job there. My mother has a shared bathroom, which is not ideal, but it is what they've got to work with. They keep the area where Mom eats clean. The food seems to be good. It seems to be adequate for what the people need. It is not gourmet, but it is sufficient.

November 30, 2015

By Jeanette16

Amber Park was a very nice place in a nice location. The people were very friendly. The staff was very courteous and seemed to be very caring. It looked like their activities would be very inviting. The meal preparation looked good, too, and the dining hall looked beautiful. Everything looked very nice. My mom loves it, but the cost is a concern.

November 08, 2015

Amber Park was nice and convenient, but it was very dark and dreary. What I saw was clean. It looked like they had a lot of good activities for the people, but other than that, it wasn’t where I wanted to put my mother.

October 28, 2015

By Jeannie10

I really liked the director at Amber Park, but it just wasn’t a good fit for my in-laws. The staff seemed nice, and I personally didn’t have any problems with anyone. I didn’t get to meet many people, but the people that I did meet, staff-wise, were very nice; I don't have any complaints about the staff. They were undergoing some remodeling, so it was kind of hard to get a really good idea of what it would look like when it was done. It will probably be your average place for an Alzheimer’s person, so nothing spectacular but up-to-par. I didn't try anything there, although they gave me a care package at the end. It was kind of a “Thank You” gift for taking the time to come out and visit their facility, and that was very kind. The director seemed very enthusiastic about what she was doing. She really liked her job and wanted to be as helpful as she could to reassure me that it was a good place to put my in-laws.

October 27, 2015

By Robert M2

We visited Amber Park, and the people were very friendly and very informative. They were doing a lot of construction at the time, but the lady still took the time to show us around the place, showed us one of the apartments, and answered all the questions that we had. I got a follow-up phone call from one of the sales people, and they were all very nice. My mom absolutely loved the place. They had a big, huge dining room that was restaurant style. They have people come to your table to take your order, and my mother really loved that. They had laundry facilities on every floor. They had a nice, big TV room, a family room, a beauty salon, and physical therapy places for older people. The grounds were very well-kept. Overall, it was a really nice place.

October 19, 2015

We chose Amber Park for my mother-in-law because it's a larger community than where she was in, and she wanted more activities in a larger community. It's clean and the people were very nice. The food was better than where she was and she likes it.

June 15, 2015

By superschap

We visited Amber Park. They had a lot of closet space, which was important. The studio room was really nice, and it didn't feel like you're just stuck in a little room. We haven't eaten there yet, but it's setup as a restaurant, and there's a menu. They have activities everyday, and they take little trips to the grocery store and to the plaza so they can shop at different stores. The staff were very friendly and upbeat. A lady named Amy drove all the way up to our house today to bring little gift bags.

October 16, 2014

By Ed27

Amber Park is very nice and very accommodating. it was 100° outside and 100° inside too since their air conditioning wasn’t working, so I was not very comfortable. The staff was wonderful. The lady I was going to meet with was tied in another meeting when I arrived and the chef actually came out and talked to me for a short while until the other lady could get free. I just thought that they just covered each other so that they could get to what they were supposed to and I thought it was wonderful.

November 26, 2013

Amber Park is an older place and it's in a section of town I don't particularly want to be in. It isn't one with a lot of ground and besides that, we're really not going to do anything right now. We were just track finding. Most of the rooms at Amber Park were too crowded but they had one that was available where they had taken two units and made one. The dining room looked like it was rather small. I know they had bingo and they could take you outside for a while. We only talked to one person and she was pleasant

August 27, 2013

By Michelle31

I went and looked at Amber Park and it was wonderful. I will give that place five stars any day of the week and that was just from talking to Shana. She was wonderfully helpful. She walked me from one end of that place to the other. The staff was very friendly to her and she's a very positive type of person. All of their rooms were qualified for assisted living, but they also had independent living. The benefit of that was if you were there in your room for five years and you needed more care, you could make a transition from independent living to assisted living without leaving your room. My mom could only afford an efficiency room, but at that time, there wasn't any available. They were willing to put her in a one-bedroom apartment for the price of the efficiency and they would just move her when an efficiency room became available.

July 24, 2013

By Julia3

I found a place for my husband and it is called Amber Park. The facility itself looks nice and clean. Their staff is kind, caring and very friendly. Since I have put my husband in there I don't get to eat a lot because I hate eating by myself. However, they allow me to come in and sit and eat with him and this is one of the main things that I appreciate them doing for me. Their food is also good and I could select from their menu. The only thing I could think of that they need improving on is that they need to have more parking space.

March 29, 2013

Everything about Amber Park in Cincinnati, OH was really good. The staff was fine as well. My husband enjoyed the place very much. Food and rooms were good and they took care of meds and everything. It just got too expensive.

August 30, 2012

By kylet112

After my grandfather passed away, my grandmother, despite having visitors over often, was left alone most of the time. She could take care of herself pretty well but it soon became apparent that we would have to find her some place that could look after her, with other people she could social. Amber Park is a beautiful establishment that cares deeply about its residents. This assisted living facility has caring staff, excellent food and perfect accommodations. There are amenities such as a general store, a beauty salon, a craft/activity room, exercise room, a computer and a beautiful dining room. She felt right at home the moment she stepped in. The land the establishment is situated on is professionally landscaped and looks beautiful, perfect for walks. I highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a quality assisted living facility that cares, with staff and amenities that are wonderful.

August 28, 2012

By i_adoremine

Amber Park is a wonderful facility if your looking for a place for mom, dad or your grandparents like I was. They have pretty much everything on-site and it reminds you of a home away from home. The apartments are perfect size for one or two people. They have shuttle services for trips out or you can use your own car if you would like. I actually saw a Cadillac being used to take people to doctor appointments. The staff are extremely nice and answered every question with ease and certainty. Amber Park has an on-site barbershop and beauty salon which my grandmother loved! They also have daily activities like playing the "Wii game system" and fitness class. There was too much there to do to name. I saw smiling faces throughout the facility and I just dropped in, no appointment. So I know there was no show being 'put on' and I would be getting what I was looking at. Amber Park would be the perfect place if the money is right.

Costs for Elmcroft of Deer Park

Photos of Elmcroft of Deer Park

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Deer Park

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: #2250R

About Elmcroft of Deer Park

Elmcroft of Deer Park is a welcoming assisted living community in Cincinnati, nestled within more than three lush acres in a quiet residential area. Residents enjoy plentiful on-site activities and amenities and the peace of mind that comes with knowing they are surrounded by exceptional caregivers. All residents, including those with Alzheimer’s or dementia, are treated like family by an experienced, compassionate staff devoted to helping each person stay as independent as possible.

• 24-Hour Security
  • Ice Cream Parlor & Snack Shop
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Beauty/Barber Shop
  • On-site therapy room
  • Specially trained memory care staff
  • Classes, Activities & Outings