The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

December 01, 2013

Emeritus is a little newer. We're scheduled to move in on the 1st of December. I like their apartments, we were able to get a very large bedroom. It is actually a studio but it is a double one. We have two closets and two bathrooms and there are two of us. I'm going with my husband, he's the one who needs it. It's a very nice place and everyone is so friendly. They've been bringing us homemade cookies. They make cookies every day but we did have a meal when we were there looking the first day we went in. It was pretty good. They have all kinds of activities and they said December is going to be filled up with things to do for the holidays.

November 27, 2013

My mother was in Emeritus for a while. I liked the facility. I liked the staff. Their rooms were nice. They also had activities and the food was very good.

October 28, 2013

My grandmother had only been in Emeritus for a short time before she passed away. I think the facility was nice that's why I went ahead and got her a room at that facility. She was in the memory care side, so they did not put her in a regular assisted living place. However, her room was nice. It was sparse and stuff but her room was good. I think the care there was fine as well. They did have an area for their residents but not really outside and it was not very spacious. However, most people over there were in their chairs and didn't move because they're not mobile enough. Overall, this was a fine facility.

September 26, 2013

By Patricia32

We chose Emeritus at Canton because we just thought it was more reasonably priced and the room that she got has a beautiful view. She can look out on the pond and see the birds and I think that was important. The staff was just very helpful when we went to visit there. We have eaten there and I thought the food was good. I would recommend this place.

September 24, 2013

By caring00028

Emeritus was a very nice and very well maintained facility. They had the most assortments of activities amongst the ones that I had visited. The staff was pleasant and I would recommend that to anybody who wanted to live in this area.

September 11, 2013

By Caring Joe

I'm moving into Emeritus next week. It is an assisted living facility. I chose this place because it is within my price range and it looks nice. When I signed up with them, the people working there were really nice. I'm not there yet so I'm not sure how it is going to be, but based on my visit there, I would give this place a high rating.

March 20, 2013

By Clinton1

The staff is very pleasant at Emeritus. It is a beautiful place.

February 09, 2013

By Elaine4

it was a horrible provider for the 18 days my mother was there before she died. She was not kept clean. The dining table was dirty and she was handed sandwiches and snacks with bare hands. I told a nurse she was wheezing and short of breath 2 days before she died and nothing was done.they were cruel and totally uncompassionate when they called to say she had died and had no sympathy or compassion for me afterwards. I am so sorry I ever took her there.

August 20, 2012

By kylet112

When the time came to find an assisted living center for my father, nothing was more difficult. We searched high and low and only found places that were sub-par. That is, until I found out about Emeritus at Canton from a friend who also had a loved one staying at the facility. This facility claims to treat the people you care about as if they were their loved ones as well and they do this excellently. My father has had nothing but positive things to say about Emeritus at Canton. Another great feature about this place is the fact that it has so much to offer in the way of amenities. My father loves to spend time outside and Emeritus has lots of places to walk around in, including pools, gardens and even a fountain. The food is excellent, with hearty meals served in a style similar to a restaurant. There are just as many living options as there is in a standard apartment complex. Overall, this facility is highly recommended and great for those who want comfort and quality out of assisted living.

October 24, 2011

By WannaErto

When the time came for my husband to find an assisted living facility due to her special needs because of Alzheimer's we wanted to find a facility that was as close to a home setting as possible. We found that in Emeritus. There motto is that the promise to treat the residents as they would their own loved ones. And they do that very well. We can rest easy at night knowing that she is being well cared for.My mother in law loves spending time outdoors so the beautiful grounds with their landscaped gardens and courtyards with ponds and a fountain were a very important detail. So was the full walking path. The dining was also an important factor because my mother in law is a picky eater. She loves the home style meals that are served in the dining area which is very similar to a restaurant. The rooms that are available suit every residents needs. They have studio apartments, one bedroom, and what they call cut through apartments. There is also a rehabilitation room and a full service beauty salon.

Questions about The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff on Willow Lane receive ongoing training for moments in time which included life engagement, dining experience, family connections health and wellness and plan of care for each specific residents

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average of our currently residents is 85 and there favorite thing to do this time of year is gather in the front porch of the community with 10-15 other residents and visit and meet and greet family members, we serve them refreshments and ice cream on the porch

What programs or activities does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer daily trips to the bank, the local grocery store and scheduled activities to all the local favorite restaurants and picnics in the park, concerts in the park and the most famous of all our outtings will be during the Hall of Fame week for the Football Hall of Fame celebrations the end of July. We have events quarterly for example outside picnics, dances and theme parties. We take our residents to the movies and the fair. We have X-Mas programs, entertainers weekly and bingo.

What places are near The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Acme click grocery, local park, Tam O shanter golf course, Grinders restaurant, Dairy Queen, Mary Anne Donuts, Drug Mart, Walking Path and waterfalls on the property, Belden village mall for shopping and dining out of all kinds

What transportation services does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

We offer full service transportation to and from physician office visits as well as weekly outings and field trips on the bus at no cost.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The residents are treated to a made to order breakfast, as well as a restaurant style dining experience, lunch and dinner include two main choices and a salad cart prior to each meal and 5 substitutions the menus are prepared by a register dietician and are designed for the residents personal choices and likes and dislikes as well a specialized diets for those that require specific dietary requirements

What safety features or security measures does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

The community has 24 hour a day 7 day a week supervised care and security cameras and is monitored by the Ohio Department of Health.

How does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have monthly mailing with upcoming events, our monthly newsletter and activity calendar are given to each family and we notify families of any health changes through the management team and our nursing staff. We also schedule plan of cares quarterly to collaborate care with families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care during daytime and nighttime hours?

This is a customized scheduled based on current census

If The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Landing of Canton is pet friendly and the pets enjoy with walking path and wooded areas on the property. The Landing of Canton is lucky enough to also have a therapy dog for all of the residents and families to enjoy on a daily basis. We also have an annual dog show with the first on 8/24/18.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

They receive continued training monthly with our scheduled staff meetings and our specialized moments in time training for all of our memory care staff. The MC requires weekly tests that our program director oversees.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

This is based on census and varies

What safety features or security measures does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care provide to protect residents who wander?

The Landing of Canton conducts regular missing persons drills to ensure all staff is informed and trained as well as a binder of photos of each resident that may be of risk of elopement and we have a secure memory care unit for all of our residents that may wander out of the community

What programs or activities does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

There are specialized activities that are based on social skills, creative skills, spiritual beliefs, shared programming for group activities and cognitive programs all customized on the monthly activity calendar prepared by our Memory care director

The resident care coordinator (RN) does all the assessments and health assessments prior to admission to the community and the assessment is repeated quarterly and or if there is a significant change in condition

What techniques does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have meals brought over to memory care and placed in steam tables to keep them at the optimum temperature and they are served on red plates with a garnish for the food to contrast and look visually appealing and they receive a drink of choice with water and fresh fruit for hydration and wonderful desserts to follow after each meal we also have protein packed snacks three times per day after breakfast , between lunch and dinner and after dinner. We also specialize in snacks that pack and constant hydration throughout the day

How does The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The nursing staff as well as administrative staff are informed during each morning meeting and then specific managers are assigned to follow up with the families depending on the need

Describe the neighborhood around The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Landing is located on a secluded lot in the belden village area with waterfalls and a pond. It is centrally located within 5 miles of all area hospitals and businesses in the belden village area.

Is The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are located within 5 miles of all area hospitals and walking distance to the SNF and rehab for Aultman Hosptal

Costs for The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Companion Suites: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 2309R

About The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care

At Landing of Canton, residents are surrounded by everything they need to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life. We enrich the lives of each and every resident and family member because we believe everyone deserves a great life.

Our residents enjoy an array of conveniences.

Life at Landing of Canton includes a full, active social calendar filled with many opportunities to create meaningful moments. Our goal is to help our residents find happiness, fulfillment, and purpose, far exceeding what is possible, living at home.

Assisted Living

Our Goal Every Day is to Create Something Special for Our Residents. Finding ways to keep our residents active mentally, socially and physically is our mission! We are committed to quality service and care.

You’ll enjoy our full service senior living community. Some of the amenities you can expect are:

• Private and companion studios
    • Planned daily activities
    • Transportation to medical and dental appointments
    • Emergency call system

Memory Care

You are not alone. A recent study suggests that as many as 5 million Americans 65 and over have Alzheimer’s disease. Since the US population is aging and the risk of Alzheimer’s increases with age, you can see how important it is to have the proper support and care when managing this disease.

What is needed? The needs for memory care are different. Current research demonstrates that the most significant things we can are physical activity, socialization, good nutrition, a consistent routine, a sense of purpose all in an environment that is safe and secure.

We meet those special needs every day by offering the following:

• A Safe and Secure Environment – Safety first is of utmost importance. Residents in this secure area of our community also wear Wander Guards. They are in our care and they are safe.
    • A Caring Staff – Our experience with Alzheimer’s and dementia care is long and extensive. Our mission is to provide a place where residents may live fully and with dignity. Our staff receives regular ongoing training for memory care and is available 24/7.
    • A Nurturing Environment – From our sunny courtyards to our café and library, we provide a variety of spaces to enjoy.
    • Dining and Wellness – Nutrition is a big part of our care. Proper care means proper nutrition and we make sure our residents are eating nutritious and balanced meals
    • Life Enrichment – We offer programs designed to keep our residents engaged physically, socially and emotionally.

You’ll enjoy our full service Alzheimer’s and dementia care community. Our amenities include:

• Private and companion studios
    • 3 Meals served daily
    • Planned activities each day
    • Transportation to medical and dental appointments
    • Emergency call system

Everything at our community – from our convenient location in Canton, OH, to restaurant-style dining, to spacious apartments, to personalized support and nurturing care – everything at Landing of Canton was created to make life great.

Map of The Landing of Canton Assisted Living & Memory Care