Laurels Of Canton, The

Reviews of Laurels Of Canton, The

Nursing Home Reviews for Laurels Of Canton, The

April 26, 2015

By warthpublishinginc2

The following is my opinion: Some local extended nursing facilities are like Roach Motels, easy to get into but difficult to get out of alive. A family member entered a local facility for rehabilitation after a hospital stay. He told me everything was okay until he told the staff he wanted to go home. From then on he said he was treated badly. The family wanted to take him home to care for him; we were told he has “memory issues” and is not able to sign himself out. (He had no “memory issues” when he entered the facility) He would need the agreement of the person he had given the power of attorney The P O A agreed with the social worker, employed by the facility, that he should stay, (an empty bed does not bring in any money.) Note: if a nursing home has empty beds, it is a red flag. Don’t let yourself or a loved one be admitted to a home with empty beds, go with a facility that has a waiting list. Also check with Medicare and the Ohio Department of Aging for the ratings of Nursing homes. The family member was lucid and said he wanted to revoke the P O A and contract a new one. I had a notarized revocation and a new P O A and registered it with the Stark County Recorder. When I tried to use this new document the Social Director, employed by the home, would not honor it because the patient has “memory issues.” The family member said he hated the person with the P O A because that person would not let him leave. He finally died a very difficult, lonely death with strangers.

September 10, 2011

By honeyew46

My sister was a resident of this facility and had nothing but bad things. She had brain surgery and can't talk or doesn't know what's going on so she couldn't tell us how the staff and other residents treated her. One day i got a call that a resident hit my sister in the head where her skull was removed. The staff did move my sister but the woman that hit her still had access to her. The staff would leave my sister sit in the recliner type chair for hrs on end in a wet diaper. She developed bed sores which the family healed. The didn't bath her. We as family members did more at this facility than the staff did. We did find a couple of the STNA's to be really helpful but some aids were abusive towards my sister. As of this day the facility has changed names. It is now Altercare of Canton. I would not recommend this facility.

June 21, 2011

By MinHippo

My aunt suffered a brain injury and was temporarily taken to the Laurels of Canton for rehabilitation. When our family went to visit we decided immediately that we needed to move her to another facility as soon as possible. My aunt wasn't clean. The odor in the room was overwhelming and we couldn't find half of her belongings. When we went to the desk to ask about these issues the nurses were gathered around talking and it took awhile to be acknowledged so we could address the problems. When we finally got a response we were told we were overreacting. Needless to say we moved her immediately to another facility.

Services and Amenities of Laurels Of Canton, The

About Laurels Of Canton, The

Laurels Of Canton, The is a senior living provider in Canton, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Laurels Of Canton, The for more details on services and rates.

Map of Laurels Of Canton, The