Canton Regency

Reviews of Canton Regency

Assisted Living Reviews for Canton Regency

November 05, 2016

By Steven780825

My parents decided to just stay at Canton Regency as it’s getting better as far as the food goes. It’s clean and well maintained, and the staff is nice. My father and mother have not had any complaints as far as abuse or anything like that. I guess they’re happy. Every Wednesday, everybody gets on the bus and they go some place where they all agree to go. The problem with these facilities is they are all overpriced. I think these facilities are taking advantage of the elderly.

October 04, 2016

By Pat276143

I have nothing bad to say about Canton Regency. They were very great pleasant people. I’ve had other people who have stayed there, and they’ve never had a problem with them; different couples that we know moved in and shared housing. They are very willing to work with me. I went 3 different times, and they were always friendly. They’re renovating the place right now, so they are going to have a whole new exercise room. Excellent people, and if you want to socialize you can, but you don’t have to, and that’s good for my uncle because he doesn’t want to. It’s definitely a nice comfortable feeling.

September 30, 2016

By Beth467174

The memory care of Canton Regency looks wonderful because it's brand new, fully functional, and looks very good. They are updating their assisted living right now -- which is due in Spring. Mom has been living in the independent living for 10 years, and we are considering moving her to the assisted living part.

September 28, 2016

By Ilona470425

We went over to Canton Regency and looked around. I’ve known people who have lived there before, and they said it was good. It was a very nice facility just like every one of the other ones I have seen, and they’re expanding, but we just didn’t want to move back to Canton. We went through several of their different sizes of apartments, walked through the whole facility, and it’s a very nice place. The people were all very nice and helpful, and I know this from other people who have lived there.

June 28, 2016

By Robert723387

We went to Canton Regency. I thought they were very friendly and informative, but they didn’t allow animals. I have a dog; I can’t go without her. I thought the rooms were very nice. We ate there, and that was very good. Everything was excellent. The staff was great. The lady who took us around was very good and made us feel comfortable. If I had any questions, she addressed those immediately, so I thought she was very professional. As a matter, this community is only about a mile away from where my brother lives, so it would have been perfect. The overall experience was a 5. It was very good.

May 21, 2016

By D.M.YQPNK

The apartments at Canton Regency were OK, but not what my parents were looking for. They’re small and my parents needed a kitchen, but there isn't a kitchen. We had lunch there, and the food was not good. If that’s what my parents had to eat every day, than they would not be happy. Overall, it was nice. They seemed to have a lot of activities that seniors could do, which was a positive. You can definitely tell it’s an old hotel. The location was fine. It seemed like a nice place where they seemed very caring, helpful, and liked to get people involved.

March 21, 2016

By Kathy122152150

My great-aunt had been in the independent living at Canton Regency, but they were able to find us a spot in special care. They’re neat and clean. We have just been very impressed with the care. The food is very good and cooked there in the kitchen. You can choose from a menu or a sandwich. They have a beautiful dining room. My great-aunt’s room is very spacious and has a nice bathroom. They have very clean, beautiful windows that open onto a nice courtyard. It is very pleasant.

June 19, 2015

Canton Regency was arranged in a very institutional fashion. It was very big, and they had a lot of hallways. That would not have been a good fit for my mother-in-law. It was too much, but it was clean. The rooms were very nice, and the staff was very kind.

October 28, 2013

By kapbdwi

My mother has recently moved in here and the people all seem very good. they take whatever time I need to talk with me on the phone. they are also attentive to my mother's needs and have reacted accordingly.

March 09, 2012

By johnboy1

I stopped in one day to look at this as a possible destination for my ailing grandmother. The people I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The facilities seemed very clean and kept up well. My grandmother was happy to see they had organized activities planned, depending on the day of the week. However we just didn't feel comfortable there, compared to other experiences that we have had in the past. Hard to explain, just didn't feel right.

Independent Living Reviews for Canton Regency

June 29, 2015

By Phyllis43

I stayed at Canton Regency, and it was very nice. They had beautiful activities. Everything was nice, clean, and organized. The atmosphere was nice. It was a beautiful location. They even had transportation that would take you to the doctor or any place that you wanted to go. They had doctor day, shop day, and entertainment day, and it was really nice. They had really good food, and they served it three times a day.

June 29, 2015

I visited Canton Regency, and I really liked it. They had all kinds of games, parties, and entertainment. You wouldn't have to stay in your room. You could come out and move around. The staff was wonderful.

September 14, 2014

The one I really like is The Regency (The Canton Regency). It is a perfect location for me. It is one of my favorites. I didn't take them, though, because they were $500 more than I wanted to pay. My husband's brother was in this place. We went in and ate with him, and the food was excellent. The people were wonderful too. It was just a very accommodating and nice place to go.

August 16, 2013

By Donajeanne2

As a resident just released yesterday, August 15, I was pleased with the beautiful atmosphere and nice rooms at this facility. The staff was helpful and I was pleased with everything. Thumbs up for the Canton Regency!

October 24, 2011

By MinHippo

My husband and I recently took a tour of Canton Regency. We're trying to find the best place possible to place his mother. She has Alzheimer's and is in need of an assisted living facility. Up until this point we've been her caretakers but she is now at the stage where she needs more than we can offer her.We were very pleased with what we saw at the Canton Regency. The facility is very clean and has homey feel. It didn't feel like we were in a cold medical facility. It felt like we were in someone's home. They offer private suites with private baths and each room can control the climate which is ideal for my mother in law who is always cold. There is a nurse on site 24 hours a day to address any medical issues that may arise. The staff assists residents with meals, medication dispensation, and 24-hour monitoring.The Canton Regency is definitely on our short list of facilities that we're considering for my mother in law. I think we would be more at ease knowing that there is a complete range of skilled professionals on site to care for her 24 hours a day.

Photos of Canton Regency

Services and Amenities of Canton Regency

About Canton Regency

Kick off the good life at Canton Regency, an Independent Living community in Canton, Ohio, that offers weekly happy hours, courtesy transportation and some of the most desired amenities around. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We also offer Assisted Living services in Canton, OH, and Memory Care services to promote a continuum of care. From our thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities we offer, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Apartment homes boast kitchens with full-sized appliances and individual climate controls for indoor comforts. We feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Our community backs up to Marshlands Preserve, where many forms of wildlife can be spotted depending on the time of year. Residents also benefit from seasonal services including winter valet parking after exploring all of the dining, shopping and entertainment options Canton and its surrounding cities have to offer. Friendly and knowledgeable staff members are available 24 hours a day in case of any emergencies, as are nearby Mercy Medical Center and several national and local pharmacies.

Map of Canton Regency