Brookdale Montrose

Reviews of Brookdale Montrose

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Montrose

March 08, 2016

By Visitor7272

Brookdale is excellent, and that’s where we recommend they go. It’s reasonably priced, clean, and with good food. They have a veteran’s breakfast once a month, and their chef is excellent.

December 29, 2015

By NL

Brookdale Montrose is very good for my parents. The staff have been extremely sympathetic, helpful, and very respectful of my parents. The rooms are spacious. I’ve eaten there three or four times as a guest of my parents, and the food is good. The dining room is very nice and looks like a restaurant. There are many different clubs and crafts, sporting events, and cocktail hours. My parents are pretty mobile, so they treat it like an apartment. They’re not totally dependent on the community for their social life. They go out a lot and have many friends who visit, aside from family. The place has a large community room, a card room, a library, and it’s located very close to a shopping center. They provide transportation for shopping and cultural events. They have a small family dining room off the main dining room, but we have a big family, so that room is not big enough. We’re very, very lucky to have our parents there.

December 29, 2015

By Akron Don

My wife and I visited several facilities in the Akron Ohio area that would provide both Assisted Living and Memory care. The Brookdale Montrose exceeded our expectations in terms of personnel, living space and food quality.

December 28, 2015

By Kay E.

Brookdale was very clean, and the people were very friendly. They had nice-sized apartments. We had a luncheon there, and the food was very good. There were a lot of programs for them to participate in. The staff really explained everything to us and gave us a lot of information. They gave us opportunities for him to visit us for a period of time, which we thought was very good. They take residents out twice a week for shopping. They have a library, a pool, and billiards room, plus all kinds of exercise activities that residents can be part of; you can participate as much as you want or as little as you want. If necessary, you could have your meals delivered right to the room, which is more like assisted living.

June 29, 2015

Chambrel at Montrose (Brookdale) is clean, new, friendly, and inviting. It is very nice. I have eaten there with my mother, and the food is very good. They have a variety of activities like bus trips, games, social gatherings, and entertainment.

June 15, 2015

By Lisa108534250

Brookdale Montrose was very nice. The lady that took us around was very good. I just got off the phone with her. She had invited us to a barbeque there. They seemed interested in caring for someone who has dementia.

February 03, 2015

My aunt has her own little apartment at Chambrel. The rooms have a living room, a bathroom, and a kitchen with a little dining area. She can go down to the little dining room, and sometimes they have some activities down there. My sister said she liked the place when we were visiting my aunt. It is a nice area, and it’s close to the mall and supermarkets.

October 02, 2014

Chambrel at Montrose was very, very nice, and they were very helpful. We found the rooms attractive, and they seemed to be a good option to really consider. I thought the facility was very secure.

October 11, 2013

By Lynn8

My father is currently at Chambrel and we are very happy with the facility. He is very happy too. Many people had recommended the facility and that was the main thing as to how we knew about the facility. We are very happy with the staff, the food, the room, and the level of concern they had for my father when he had a problem and he had to go to a hospital. I take every opportunity I can to tell people what a great place it is.

November 19, 2012

By tmthomp3

The complex is beautiful. It is new, so it doesn't have the typical sounds and smells of an assisted living home. Their is a grand entrance and lobby that gives the feel of a hotel. It is a bit pricey, as all assisted living homes are but considering the spacious arrangements, the engaging activities, and inclusion of meals etc its decent. It's better than all the others in the general area, and located in easy distance of shopping and activities. If you're looking for a reasonable place that will not depress your loved one, stop in. The staff is very friendly and open to questions and unexpected guests. I am told that the residents really love it and their sometimes is a waitlist as it feels up pretty quickly. Unfortunately the nature of the beast is that there is turnover as residents often pass on. Take your loved one with you so they can get a feel for the neighborhood and the neighbors, there were a few who seemed a bit loud but it also seemed that they were engaged in an activity at the time.

May 29, 2012

By spaghetti

I heard a lot about Chambrel at Montrose and that it was a really nice place. I went there for a tour and the opinions I heard were confirmed. It is a really nice place and it all looks pretty new. My mom will not be thrilled to move in there just because she wants to be independent but she needs it. I think I have decided to put her into Chambrel at Montrose. I looked at one other place and it was not nearly as nice. I will be checking into a few more places just to make sure that this is the right place for her. My mom was kind of negative about the place but she is negative about the whole situation because she thinks she is fine on her own. I think the staff was friendly and the place was really nice, new, and clean. As far as food goes, I think they will also have decent food.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Montrose

September 24, 2013

By caring00028

The people at Chambrel were very nice. I had spoken with the residents and they were very happy with their services. The rooms were the nicest and spacious that I had seen. They also had a wide variety of activities for the residents.

August 27, 2013

By Caring from Ohio

For my grandmother, somebody from caring.com recommended Chambrel at Montrose. The location is convenient for my grandmother because it is near where she lives. It is a beautiful facility. To me, it is like a fancy hotel. They were very wonderful and accommodating when we visited. Their staff was very pleasant. It's clean and very well-managed. They have like a bird sanctuary, which is kind of cool. It is a nice little touch. The apartment that we saw is nice and of decent size. Chambrel is definitely a good place to go check out.

July 31, 2013

By Kay14

Mom was with Brookdale-Chambrel Montrose for five years and they were great. We grew fond with everybody there because they were super nice. My mom moved there with dementia and they let her remain independent with a lot of services. She had a beautiful apartment, which is a great big two-bedroom, two-bathroom place. The food was really good and the dining room was like an old college dining room. They had a lot of activities like exercise, outings, musical groups and people from the symphony came down to play. They had a current events group and there were people who write their own stories and they read them to each other. I would recommend them to others.

Photos of Brookdale Montrose

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: AL Licensure

About Brookdale Montrose

Brookdale Montrose provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Montrose