Nursing Homes in Kitsap County

10 Communities

Messenger House Care Center

10861 Manitou Park Blvd N, Bainbridge Island, WA
$$$$
Butterflye: "I didn't know that Messenger House provided palliative or Hospice services, but when we checked in, the nursing staff seemed to do everything that they could think of to keep my dad comfortable. I expected them to tell me that it was against the rules to stay over night with him (as another area facility had told us), but instead they brought an extra bed, blankets and pillows to make sure that I was comfortable. I spoke to the administrator about how nice and helpful everyo... (read more)

Stafford Healthcare at Ridgemont

2051 Pottery Ave., Port Orchard, WA
$$$$
Catherine Rickard: "I was so impressed with this facility and the nurses, aides,physical therapy team and all other staff members I connected with.. I felt so comfortable and cared for each and everyday. I know I did so amazing in my road to recovery because of them. I was saddened a bit upon discharge. Highly recommend this facility. "

Life Care Center of Port Orchard

2031 Pottery Avenue, Port Orchard, WA
$$$$
emergency: "My mom's been at life care 2 months. In the beginning the staff was on top of her care. But as the visiting slows down so does the attention of care.my mom has dementia and can't do much of anything to help herself.i would keep track of things. ( No tooth brush for 2 weeks) I would do it. Wouldn't wash her face Ect. I did.. meds not on time. My mom can't talk. Walk ect on her own. At lunch one day I watched my mom drink 6 glasses of water.and juice. ( I gave them to her) ... (read more)

Martha and Mary Health Service

19160 FRONT STREET NORTHEAST, Poulsbo, WA
$$$$
SusieQ21: "I was a post surgery patient for 5 weeks in Martha and Mary Rehab Facility! They now contract a company that is suppose to provide Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy for post-op patients. They reported to my insurance company that they spent 1 hour 5 days a week each helping me, which never happened. I have been in PT and OT over 20 times and they did not know what they were doing. I am 5'10" tall and they tried to get me to stand up from a very low seat. I was unable... (read more)

Bremerton Health & Rehab Center

2701 CLARE AVENUE, Bremerton, WA
$$$$
Lela3: "We went to Bremerton. It was later in the day and my husband was getting agitated, but the management at the door was nothing but kind and had a wheelchair for him. This was a good start. They took us throughout the building, and it was very clean. The nurses, the patients, and the facility were clean. We were quite impressed with how gracious they were. My husband in the meantime needed a diaper change, so they gave us a clean diaper. We saw the dining room, and it was clea... (read more)

Northwoods Lodge

2321 SCHOLD PLACE NORTHWEST, Silverdale, WA
$$$$
TristeTriste: "There are some caring and responsible people who work here, but they are a minority. The general vibe is their eyes, ears, mouths and hearts are closed. It is hard work, I know, and I do sympathize, but I feel more sorry for the patients than for the paid staff. They recommend to Medicare that the patient be cut off and booted out when it is clear to anyone the patient is not ready and will end right back in the hospital, then rehab again. Like a reoccurring nightmare. T... (read more)

Washington Veteran Home-retsil

1141 BEACH DRIVE, Retsil, WA
$$$$
Barbara: "My husband has been at Washington Veteran Home-retsil for a month. It's a full nursing home, but it doesn't have a nursing home feel. It's almost like assisted living. It's a large and beautiful place, fairly new, and it's very open and spacious. My husband has a semi-private room. There are three doctors and RNs all the time, and they're fully staffed. They have a lot of activities. The food is OK. Not very elegant, but it's food. It's very average."

Island Health & Rehab Center

835 MADISON AVENUE NORTH, Bainbridge Island, WA
$$$$
TBlack: "I visited my love one in the facility. The staff were very tentative and smiling. I was really happy to see my loved one surrounded by numerous people to care for her. Bainbridge Island is so beautiful and the building being surround by trees was a nice feature to feel not in a big city. "

Stafford Healthcare at Belmont

560 Lebo Boulevard,, Bremerton, WA
$$$$
raceon54: "My young senior family member suffered a stroke. Her physician recommended she go to this facility to rehabilitate. Sadly, she died of a C diff infection/colitis. Her hair was very thin and greasy, and she had several symptoms that were ignored. The infection was advanced by the time she was hospitalized, and she had emergency surgery to remove colon, and was placed on life support which sadly, we had to stop. She suffered immensely prior to her death. Nursing homes need t... (read more)

Forest Ridge Health & Rehab

140 SOUTH MARION AVENUE, Bremerton, WA
$$$$

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Kitsap County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 62 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Kitsap County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 nursing homes communities in the Kitsap County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.