Nursing Homes in Westmoreland County

22 Communities

Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon

8850 Barnes Lake Road, Irwin, PA
$$$$
Kim148206: "My sister is in Transitions Healthcare of North Huntingdon right now, and I like the social workers and all the help. They seem to be very accommodating with her. She has trouble with her eyes, and they accommodate that; they also communicate well with me. She likes the food; that is a big deal because she is all about food, and she is very picky. They give really good meals. As far as appearance, when you walk down the halls, it is kind of more like a hospital. It is nice, ... (read more)

William Penn Care Center

2020 Ader Road, Jeannette, PA
$$$$
Lkpa330: "The staff is awesome and very caring/attentive. Albeit it is at the bottom of a hill, there are some semi nice views for the residents. All of the nurses seem extremely friendly and really will go out of their way to watch over and even say hello to each of the residents. From what I hear, some other residents complained about the food being the same all of the time, but my great grandparents never complained of it. There is a long monthly menu for breakfast, lunch, and ... (read more)

Redstone Highlands

6 GARDEN CENTER DRIVE, Greensburg, PA
$$$$
Mark510485: "My mother is staying at Redstone Highlands Health Care. It's different from the other assisted living places. It's not like an apartment and more like a hospital. Everybody seems nice there, and she seems to get along well. The room was a little small, and she was in with another person. It doesn't have bad odors, was very well-maintained, and had a very good staff. "

Bethlen Hm of the Hungarian Rf

66 CAREY SCHOOL ROAD, Ligonier, PA
$$$$
feenabe: "My Mother came here about 4 years ago in rehab and unfortunately had to end up over at skilled nursing. She was an amputee patient from another home who neglected her and the best thing that happened was her coming to Bethlen. There is no skilled nursing home that is 100% but when I come up to visit, pretty much everyone has a smile on their face, very happy and upbeat. The activities people are top notch. When I return to Florida I feel confident that she is in good ha... (read more)

Saint Anne Home

685 Angela Drive, Greensburg, PA
$$$$
Hempfield: "When my Dad came here late in 2017, he was very much in harm's way - We were not sure he would survive until the end of the year. Here we are, over a year later and he is not only still with us, but dramatically improved ! We give all the credit to the medical staff. They are professional and very competent. The facility itself, is clean and functional. The food is probably average but nutritious. (Dad has gained 15 pounds since he arrived.) The staff is friendly and very ... (read more)

Greensburg Care Center

119 INDUSTRIAL PARK ROAD, Greensburg, PA
$$$$
Denise99: "I was a resident for 23 days a year ago because of a broken leg and shoulder and certainly would go back again if necessary. The staff took excellent care of me and were very compassionate. The meals were excellent! "

Rehab & Nursing Ctr Greater Pittsburg

890 WEATHERWOOD LANE, Greensburg, PA
1 review
Wendy: "Rehabilitation and Nursing Center was a very clean community and they did their best to take care of all their patients. They're just understaffed and overwhelmed. The grounds and location are very nice. My mother's room was nice and big enough. They have activities for the seniors as well."

Hempfield Manor

1118 WOODWARD DRIVE, Greensburg, PA
$$$$
StashNFlash: "My Aunt was brought to this facility with terminal cancer. During the last 3 days of her life, while I was present, I was completely blown away by the attentiveness and compassion shown by every single staff member we came in contact with. The staff relocated my Aunt's roommate so that we (3-4 family members) could we with her at all hours. Not only was my Aunt attended to every hour, the staff checked with us (the visitors) too. We were given a beverage and snack cart- hot ... (read more)

Westmoreland Manor

2480 SOUTH GRAND BLVD, Greensburg, PA
$$$$
Bhajan Daniel: "My mother has been in the Manor for over five years now. The nursing staff has given her a lot of pure love and for this I'm grateful. But make no mistake about the fact that this place is no picnic otherwise. Unless your loved-one is very high functioning, constant vigilance will be required to make sure that all goes well. And be clear that you're going to have to sometimes dig your heels in and fight. This is a large institution with all the problems that attend large in... (read more)

Briarcliff Pavilion

249 MAUS DRIVE, North Huntingdon, PA
$$$$
Ed39: "Briarcliff Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center has very good aides. The nurses seem very caring. The food seems OK. My wife is in a 2-bedroom apartment with a bathroom. It also has closets and nightstands. It is adequate in size. "

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Westmoreland County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 62 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Westmoreland County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 22 nursing homes communities in the Westmoreland County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.