Nursing Homes in McKeesport

36 Communities

Riverside Care Center

100 EIGHTH AVENUE, McKeesport, PA
$$$$
headstrong35: "Once they find out you will not apply for Medicaid to cover the copays, they will boot your resident out even if they still require care. Also, my mother told me that while staying there, the residents were limited on how much water they could get and drink when they asked for it. She said it is because the workers did not want to deal with her urinating often. "

John J Kane Regional Center-mc

100 NINTH STREET, McKeesport, PA
$$$$
debtur: "The facility is archaic. The therapy and nursing services are very good but the social work department is horrific. They do not return calls or messages and the supervisor is very rude and abrupt. 6 phone calls with urgent messages went unresponded to. My uncle was always slumped over every time I went in for a visit. At times I was there for 2 hours with no one checking on on him. Requested podiatry services several times.. never got looked at. The nurses and aides were ... (read more)

Upmc Mckeesport Long Term Care

1500 FIFTH AVENUE, McKeesport, PA

Sherwood Oaks

100 Norman Drive, Pittsburgh, PA
$$$$
With its indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center and expansive, green campus, Sherwood Oaks is planning for the next generation of retirees. The retirement community opened in 1982 after careful planning by a grassroots effort of retirees who wanted to give themselves and their friends the option to stay in the Pittsburgh area during their retirement. After years of studying other communities, they patterned Sherwood Oaks after the best of what they had observed durin... (read more)

Arrowood at Southwestern

512 Lewis Run Road, West Mifflin, PA
$$$$
Missmymom1933: "My mother was getting better until she went there. Not only did she lose 20 lbs in a month, one day she was enjoying a cupcake my sister took her and the next she was in the hospital with horrific bloody open sores on her calves that up until that day were healing nicely. Less than 1 week later my Mom had sepsis and merca and placed on hispice. .she passed away just 5 days after leaving this facility. "
Special Promotion! Ends in 12 days

Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon

8850 Barnes Lake Road, Irwin, PA
$$$$
Kim148206: "My sister is in Transitions Healthcare of North Huntingdon right now, and I like the social workers and all the help. They seem to be very accommodating with her. She has trouble with her eyes, and they accommodate that; they also communicate well with me. She likes the food; that is a big deal because she is all about food, and she is very picky. They give really good meals. As far as appearance, when you walk down the halls, it is kind of more like a hospital. It is nice, ... (read more)

Baptist Homes

489 CASTLE SHANNON BLVD, Pittsburgh, PA
$$$$
Client 154UYVBO: "The people were very nice at Baptist Homes, but it was an older building. There were just small rooms, and I think four people had to share a bathroom, so that was a negative. I think the cleanliness and maintenance was very good. When I raised the concern of my dad getting up and falling if somebody wasn’t paying attention to him, they said that they would put him next to the nurses' station in a wheelchair, so I pictured him sitting there the entire day next to the nurses'... (read more)

Lawson Nursing Home

540 COAL VALLEY ROAD, Clairton, PA
$$$$
Visitor826358: "Lawson Nursing Home was very good. They had nice activities, and they were very caring staff. The rooms were smaller but bright. The workers were pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable. The entire facility was clean and orderly. The people that were around and not in their rooms were out near the nurse’s stations. It was a very nice place. We enjoyed it. "

Vincentian De Marillac

5300 STANTON AVENUE, Pittsburgh, PA
$$$$
Pamela: "Mom is in Vincentian De Marillac. The rooms are way too small, but the care she's getting and the people there make up for the lack of space. They have Bingo and a few other games to play, and other things they try, but they don't have a lot of room for big activities. It doesn't smell like a nursing home. You can either smell the food or something fresh. The food is very good, and the staff is wonderful, but some of the younger ones tend to take off without notice, so a lot... (read more)

Cedars

4363 Northern Pike, Monroeville, PA
$$$$
Betty2017: "I took a tour of this facility, because I heard many good things about this place. It is also close to two hospitals. However, if your family/friend has a folly, be aware that infections can occur. If you do not have a caring nurse, your loved one could be in danger!"

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the McKeesport area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 7 reviews of nursing homes communities in the McKeesport area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 36 nursing homes communities in the McKeesport area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.