Nursing Homes in Ulster County

8 Communities

Woodland Pond at New Paltz

100 Woodland Pond Circle, New Paltz, NY
$$$$
Idigadingo : "I have my mom in assisted living for 6 months now. The assisted living side has awful food and mom is loosing weight. I stopped tonight and saw the residents with a cold meal. Mom's entree was a microwave grilled cheese sandwich. This place boasts a Cullinary chef but the better food is on the other side where people are independent. You have to advocate for your parent on the Assisted living side. They are short staffed. I also overhear workers speaking badly about the re... (read more)

Ten Broeck Commons

ONE COMMONS DRIVE, Lake Katrine, NY
$$$$
Jakey: "Care is good, could use more nursing staff. No Hospice! Why? "

Golden Hill Health Care Center

99 GOLDEN HILL DRIVE, Kingston, NY
$$$$
shocked81 : "Don't know where to start! I guess with good stuff first! Under the new ownership the rehab side got a major overhaul and looks really nice and is kept very clean! The nurses are very good and the rehab staff such as speech therapy and physical therapy are amazing and myself and family member like them a lot! Now for the nightmare part which is dealing with nurse manager and case workers at the facility! The nurse case manager is one of the most disrespectful and unprofessio... (read more)

The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre

1 Jansen Rd, New Paltz, NY
$$$$
Peter778863: "My mother is in The Mountain View Nursing & Rehab Center right now. They’re very professional. A lot of different specialists, like the geriatrics doctor, the occupational therapist, and the head nurse, have all come to see her, take statistics on her, and get her set up for some rehabilitation so she can get back to who she was and come back here in a month or so. This community was one of the top-rated ones. It was a coincidence that one of my best friends is the head nurs... (read more)

Hudson Valley Rehab and Ext Ca

260 Vineyard Ave, Highland, NY
$$$$
3g4tlc: "DIRTY. DIRTY. DIRTY. Please DO NOT, under any circumstances, leave a loved one at this facility. Gave one star because ZERO isn't an option. They boast a renovation and this is probably the area they tour families through when trying to recruit them. The other 90% of the building has not been renovated, or cleaned for that matter, in the past 30 years. Building was sweaty hot on a cool 65° fall afternoon. We were scheduled for sub-acute rehab at Hudson Valley through Kingsto... (read more)

Wingate at Ulster

ONE WINGATE WAY, Highland, NY
$$$$
not a safe place to be. Nasty administration. : "The staff is friendly but they are short staff all the time. The administration is terrible. The administrator is not friendly. They don't want to hear any problems from the patients. The way he talks to the staff is disrespectful and degrading. I was able to take my mother out of there asap. Bat place, not safe, never again."

Northeast Center For Special Care

300 GRANT AVENUE, Lake Katrine, NY
$$$$
MotherDaughterSister: "My Dad was a patient at NorthEast for 3-months. The first time I went to visit my Dad, on a Sunday, 2 days after he was admitted, I was told by the pulmonary therapist on duty that he had an infection & would be moved to a different room the next day. That was completely untrue. A few weeks into his "stay", we (the family) had a meeting to discuss his care/treatment in which the actual doctor in charge was not even there. When I asked how often the doctor actually comes to s... (read more)

Hudson Valley Rehab And Ext Care Facility

260 Vineyard Ave, Rt 44/55, Highland, NY
$$$$

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Ulster County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 35 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Ulster County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 nursing homes communities in the Ulster County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.