Nursing Homes in Detroit

39 Communities

Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan (RIM)

261 Mack Avenue, Detroit, MI
$$$$
colkilgore: "I want to convey my deepest appreciation and thanks for all the help and support the crews of the 3rd floor and the PT and OT rehabilitation team at RIM gave me. Your level of professionalism from housekeeping, transport, food services, PCAs, RNs, PT and OT to the highest echelons was inspiring. Without you I would not have developed the motivation to properly advance myself. I have the highest respect for you all and your commitment to helping others with your knowledge and... (read more)

Law-den Nursing Home

1640 Webb St, Detroit, MI
1 review
NM: "My grandmother is in Law Den Nursing Home. The community is excellent, they're great, they communicate with you, they're nice, and hands-on. They make sure she gets everything she needs. After getting used to it, she likes it there. However, it's an older facility and needs a little work."

Riverview Health & Rehab Center North

18300 E Warren Ave, Detroit, MI
$$$$
Chenet: "My mother-in-law moved to St. John. It's really nice, updated, and clean. It has a nice atmosphere, good people, and a lot of entertainment. The food is good, and the elderly is treated very well. The staff is excellent, always courteous, and always eager to give you information. When I visit my mother-in-law, she is well-groomed and happy. When you visit, you can dine in their dining room."

Beaconshire Nursing Center

21630 Hessel Ave, Detroit, MI
$$$$
Caring4229: "My dad has dementia and Beaconshire Nursing Center has place there that takes care of people like my him. Everything is all good. If it wasn't good, I wouldn't have put him there. The staff is real nice. They have a movie night and it was the last activity I had been to. I haven't eaten there yet but the food that they cook looks real good. The only thing I have a problem with is that it's just so far from where I live but it's still okay. "

Hartford Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

6700 W OUTER DR, Detroit, MI
$$$$
DS1: "My mother stayed at Hartford Rehabilitation Center for two and a half months in a shared room. The place was clean. I liked the fact that you could go any time of the day. The physical therapy, food, and rooms were good. However, they need to improve the younger staff. "

Redford Geriatric Village

22811 W SEVEN MILE RD, Detroit, MI
$$$$
Sharon: "My aunt is at The Villa At Great Lakes Crossing. It is a small facility. They only have about 90 beds. The care that my aunt has been given has been excellent. She is always clean, always fed, and she is happy. She has dementia, but she's a very sweet person, so everybody there has fallen in love with her. I talk to a lot of the residents there because many of them don't get any visitors, so I make the rounds and become their visitor and I hear the same things over and over:... (read more)

Ambassador Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

8045 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI
1 review
DetroitStudent313: "The facility was well kept and I felt comfortable in the building despite me being a preteen at the time. The facility made it a point to pair many of the senior citizens with volunteers who were close to their age. For this reason, the volunteers could commiserate better with the residents and had uncanny levels of patience because they had similar situations. It was nothing like the horror stories that I have heard about nursing homes through personal narratives or the... (read more)

Elmwood Geriatric Village

1881 E GRAND BLVD, Detroit, MI
1 review
Claudia H : "The frontline staff is the reason this place feels like family. The staff has the challenge of creating a lot from a little budget, but they do it with grace, including raising their own funds to take the residents on day-trips to Belle Isle and the like. The place doesn't look fancy, but it's always clean. My mother was well taken care of and integrated into the daily life of the whole building the entire three years she lived here. Her passing was grieved by the whole staf... (read more)

Advantage Living Center

16181 Hubbell Street, Detroit, MI
1 review
Harvey: "I visited Advantage Living Center, and they were pretty good. The rooms were semi-private, meant for two people, and they were pretty nice. The staff was very nice and courteous. The floors are clean, the rooms are clean, and didn't smell of urine."

Oakpointe Senior Care and Rehab Center

18901 MEYERS RD, Detroit, MI
$$$$
Lisa0223: "Therapy department is great at this facility and they made the difference."

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Detroit area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 47 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Detroit area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 39 nursing homes communities in the Detroit area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.