Nursing Homes in Portland

20 Communities

Barron Center

1145 Brighton Avenue , Portland, ME
$$$$
Noemailsever: "My grandparents spent the last years of their lives in a room together at the Barron center. My grandfather had a routine surgery performed one day to remove his gallbladder and due to the lack of care at this facility during recovery he died from a staff infection at the surgical site. He was a healthy man living in this awful place with his wife of 50 years who had been recently paralyzed by a stroke. My memories as a child visiting them in this place are vivid. The smell ... (read more)

Seaside Rehab & Health Care

850 Baxter Blvd, Portland, ME
$$$$
Outstanding staff, clean facility and delicious food are some of the positive things residents and their loved ones say about Seaside Rehab and Health Care. Located in Portland, Maine, this senior living facility is situated along the Back Cove with views of the water. Residents and visitors also give high marks to this facility for the many fun activities that are offered, such as on-site concerts, group games, cruises on Casco Bay, lobster bakes, baseball games, and arts an... (read more)

St Joseph's Manor

1133 Washington Avenue, Portland, ME
1 review
Caring86867050: "St. Joseph manor is close by, and the staff is friendly. They have a basic room with a toilet. The dining room is large and set up like a restaurant. The facility needs an update. "

Piper Shores

15 Piper Rd, Scarborough, ME
$$$$
brownac001: "It was very clean, and very professional looking. Staff was friendly and professional as well. However they didn't seem to encourage socializing or activities as much as they should. Most doors in the hallway were shut. There wasn't much going on Saturday and Friday nights. I know these people are on the older side but nobody likes to feel like they are cut off from the rest of the world. Staff was certainly of a high quality but I think more could be done in terms of gettin... (read more)

Brentwood Center for Health & Rehabilitation

370 Portland St, Yarmouth, ME
$$$$
Mike Shlagman: "In my time spent at Brentwoods facility I was extremely pleased with the wonderful hospitality shown by the staff and nurses. I have been here on many occasions to visit ailing family members as well as friends. Many years ago my choir group performed for the residents at the facility and it brought nothing but smiles to their faces. The spirits run high at Brentwood. If I ever came into a situation where I needed to admit someone to this home I would have no hesitation to d... (read more)

Gorham House

50 New Portland Road, Gorham, ME
$$$$
SonnyI: "My father was recently in Gorham House for Rehab services and it is the worst facility I have ever seen. The food was terrible and the care was horrific. When nursing was called it took them over 30 minutes for someone to respond. The bed he was in had a huge hole in it and when asked to have it replaced or at least turned over there was no assistance. He ended up with a class 2 bed sore because they never turned him and the mattress was not modern at all which would ha... (read more)

Ledgewood Manor Inc

200 Tandberg Trail, Windham, ME
1 review
Al7: "My sister worked in Ledgewood Manor several years ago. My father's doctor recommended them as well because he takes care of some patients here. The place is just up the street to where my father used to live too. It's a facility that has 60 beds and it's very well kept. My father has been there since June 1st. He's very comfortable there. The staff is very positive. "

Pine Point Center

67 Pine Point Road, Scarborough, ME
$$$$
Offering skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents while active seniors can enjoy a fun, dynamic lifestyle in our Assisted Living facility.

Maine Veteran's Home- Scarborough

290 US RT 1, Scarborough, ME
$$$$
Anonymous105047850: "I have visited the Maine Veterans’ Homes once. The staff was very good, and the food was really good as well. The rooms were quite small, but they were neat and clean. They had good security. "

Seal Rock Health Care

88 Harbor Drive , Saco, ME
1 review
Dina1: "The health care team on the unit was phenomenal. They each carry a heavy heart as they take care of our loved ones. I visited my loved one every day and at different times during the day. I saw the staff take care of their residents as if the resident was their own relative. They made me feel welcomed every day - The atmosphere was friendly and love was shown by all. Thank you. "

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Portland area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 9 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Portland area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 20 nursing homes communities in the Portland area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.