Nursing Homes in Highlands County

5 Communities

Palms of Sebring

725 S Pine St, Sebring, FL
$$$$
James: "My husband is at The Palms Of Sebring and doing very well there. It's wonderful because he is getting a lot of therapy, and there are a lot of activities. It is a great, clean place. My husband's room is very good, nice, and neat. The nurses and the help are very friendly. The staff is very caring. The food is great, too."

The Oaks at Avon

1010 US 27 North, Avon Park, FL
$$$$
M.Mcleod: "My husband was recently discharged from Oaks At Avon. The nursing staff was overall very nice. The aid Nathen and Nurse Jenny are the best and always helped when needed. Therapy is great at getting you going. Food is ok, laundry services could use some work as they lose some clothes. Overall I'd recommend this place. "

Kenilworth Care and Rehabilitation Center

3011 Kenilworth Blvd, Sebring, FL
1 review
533nFlam: "I have had much experience with the Kenilworth Rehabilitation Center and Nursing Home. I have had two close family members reside at this facility for over 3 years combined. My uncle and my grandmother were both residents and lived at the agency until they deceased. The three years which I had personal contact with this facility was definitely an eye-opener to the nursing home way of life. It is awful to see your loved ones helplessly laying in bed all day and feeling so dep... (read more)

Lake Placid Health and Rehabilitation Center

125 Tomoka Blvd S, Lake Placid, FL
$$$$
Goldenguy: "Room was dirty, old, furniture worn out 15 years ago Staff not responsive to needs of patient. Unsafe facility for patients due to lack of care from the staff. Many fall hazards. Lack of even the basic necessities. No amenities. Extremely slack on rehabilitation. Would not recommend for anyone. "

Royal Care Of Avon Park

1213 W Stratford Road, Avon Park, FL
$$$$
tljv: "Our good friend of 40 years was admitted and seems to want to leave ASAP. She is under heavy medication, but of course they will not tell us just what and how much - due to privacy. We did not come with a power of attorney, so probably could not expect more, but our 81 year old friend doesn't seem happy nor wanting to remain there any longer than required. We hope to obtain enough information as to her future need ASAP and will probably move her out of there soon. Most wo... (read more)

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Highlands County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 14 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Highlands County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 nursing homes communities in the Highlands County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.