Nursing Homes in Hartford County

65 Communities

Alzheimer's Resource Center of Conn.

1261 South Main Street, Southington, CT
$$$$
Caring104725950: "My father was at an assisted living facility, but we kept him going at the day program of the Alzheimer’s Resource Center because it was much higher quality. When they did have an apartment open, we moved him from next door to there. Everyday they have two forms of exercise options: either like a zumba or taichi or yoga. They try to incorporate different types so it’s just not the same physical activity each day; they do one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They have... (read more)

Chestnut Point Care Center

171 Main Street, East Windsor, CT
$$$$
Ru: "The staff here was so welcoming and the rooms are very clean and cozy . We are so excited that we chose Touch Points of Chestnut. Thank you to the administration and staff for your support during this difficult time. Ru "

Touchpoints at Farmington

20 Scott Swamp Road, Farmington, CT
$$$$
Elaine352482: "We chose Touchpoints at Farmington because it was clean, didn’t smell of urine, and had a 5-star rating. The staff is very good at notifying me about any event or falls or anything of that nature. I don't have any complains about them. My client is eating very well and has gained a weight, so I must say that the food is good. "

Jerome Home

975 Corbin Avenue, New Britain, CT
1 review
PatriciaTRGRL: "Jerome Home is not a brand-new place, but it seems to provide a great deal of care. Monthly fees for private rooms are between $15,000 and $16,000 a month. The residents seem to be well cared for. It's just too far away. "

South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1060 Main St, South Windsor, CT
1 review
NuitLouve: "My father was in this nursing home after he had a stroke. They took very good care of his diabetic needs and emotional needs. The nurses were very nice and helpful every time I visited. He was never in the same place for long because they had adequate lifts to handle tall wide people. They bathed him often even though it wasn't an easy feat due to his size. Because of the way he was taken care of, he had very good report with the staff. Next to the facility are horse stables... (read more)

Windsor Rehab & Healthcare

581 Poquonock Avenue, Windsor, CT
$$$$
Joanne34: "I lived in this community for over 15 years, and I have known the Kindred Windsor to be the best which is why my mother is here. They have excellent care here, the food is good, and this place is the best. There’s plenty of staff, and the communication is very good; they have my number and I have theirs. "

Salmon Brook

72 Salmon Brook Drive, Glastonbury, CT
$$$$
Mary: "Salmon Brook Center is a nursing facility that has a rehab wing and a residential wing for memory care patients and patients who need 24/7 nursing care. The staff from the orderlies all the way up to the head nurses are wonderful. Everybody, including the physical therapist, is so kind. Families can visit anytime they want, day or night, any day. They can also bring pets to visit their loved one if they want to. It's a very friendly kind of family atmosphere. There's not eno... (read more)

Mclean

75 Great Pond Rd, Simsbury, CT
$$$$
"Program provides meals, therapeutic recreation, daily living skills assistance, personal health care, social supports, nursing services, dental services, medication management, rehabilitative therapy, podiatry, and a beautician for older adults and adults with disabilities. Hours: M-F: 7:30am-4:30pm."

Avery Heights Home Health Agency

705 NEW BRITAIN AVE, Hartford, CT
$$$$
Caring104981550: "The care is excellent, and the staffs are excellent at Avery Heights. Everybody is caring and attentive. It is very clean and updated. My mom went to a nice music activity the other day that she really enjoyed. They do a lot of music therapy there. "

Avon Health Center

652 West Avon Rd, Avon, CT
$$$$
PatriciaTRGRL: "My husband was in Avon Health Center for rehab twice before. The first time was back in July, and at that time my husband, was more lucid, so it was OK. The second time he was there, which was in the beginning of this year, the overall care was still four stars. The reason I give them a four is because I had to hire private services to be with him because he’s a high fall risk, so someone needs to be with him all the time. He was one of two in the room, and they shared a bat... (read more)

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Hartford County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 129 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Hartford County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 65 nursing homes communities in the Hartford County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.