Nursing Homes in Hamden

48 Communities

Whitney Center

200 Leeder Hill Dr, Hamden, CT
$$$$
natatali: "Upon the multiple visits to this facility, I noticed that what makes it stand out is its staff. The nurses and other assistants were all extremely friendly and attentive to the residents. Whenever a senior was in need of any service, someone was willing to help out. The meals are not the best, but there is a lot of variety and good hearty portions. Visitors are allowed to come on a regular basis although not many family members and friends make it often. It's very beneficial... (read more)

Whitney Manor Convalescent Center

2798 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT
$$$$
Kathy111031850: "My father-in-law is in Whitney Manor, and we are happy. Our experience is excellent. The staff is very courteous. The facility is very clean, and they are very accommodating. Everything is beautiful. He has his own bedroom, and it is very clean. He is doing rehabilitation and physical therapy. The security is very good. "

Hamden Health Care Center

1270 Sherman Lane, Hamden, CT
$$$$
plp114: "My mother was there for rehab, she was in a lot of pain which was not managed well and she was only given about 15 minutes of rehab a day and basically ignored for the rest of the time. Food was inedible slop. She was left lying in her own urine for hours. You could hear other residents yelling out in pain. She was no better off when she was released, I had top stay home with her for weeks. It was a total waste of time and money. Now she needs more rehab and doesn'... (read more)

Arden House Care and Rehabilitation Center

850 MIX AVE, Hamden, CT
$$$$
RozMa: "I have been in this facility for over a year. Most of the aids are rude and disrespectful . I am scheduled to be discharged at the end of the week. This will have been the worst time of my life! The food is horrible."

Advanced Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

169 Davenport Ave, New Haven, CT
$$$$
Maria Buonome: "I would recognize Jean at Advanced Center for Nursing and Rehab as a wonderful nurse and a wonderful person in general. It was a blessing for me to recuperate at this facility and a blessing to have this compassionate person as my nurse during my stay over there."

Hilltop Health Center

126 FORD STREET, Ansonia, CT
1 review
shyningwaterfal3: "My great uncle had a long stay here due to a redo of a knee replacement. His room was large and airy. Clean is not the word, this place was immaculate! The comfort you feel while visiting actually makes you want to return. It's a very bright and cheery place. His knee was well tended to and his continuous physical therapy had him mobile in no time. "

Paradigm Healthcare Center of West Haven

310 Terrace Ave, West Haven, CT
1 review
Walter18: "Different people I knew worked there at Bentley Gardens. It was a good tour. Their food was good, and the dining area is excellent. They have all kinds of stuff for activities. The rooms are good. The facility is secured enough for the residents. "

The Guilford House

109 West Lake Avenue, Guilford, CT
1 review
Private Care Manager: "The Guilford House is a model of what all other Rehab/Skilled Nursing facilities should strive to be. It is, by far, the best on the Shoreline. This is a private husband and wife owned facility and everything is top notch--the staff, the decor, the food and the physical facility itself. The level of care from the CNAs, RNs, PT, OT, and onsite physicians is unsurpassed. This place is where all families should begin their search if rehab or skilled nursing is needed. If I coul... (read more)

Evergreen Woods

88 Notch Hill Road, North Branford, CT
$$$$
Margot Clark: "My parents moved to an apartment in Brewster at Evergreen Woods in 1993. They were active in many Resident Committees such as the Pool Committee, the Concert Series Committee and the Resident Council. My father enjoyed working in the Store; my mom swam every day; both loved the EW Concert Series concerts and the many other musical performances and the nature walks on the EW campus. My parents made such good friends at EW and over the years, they became our friends as well si... (read more)

Elim Park Place

140 Cook Hill Rd, Cheshire, CT
$$$$
Refund Plans: 90% of Entrance Fee; 50% Refundable (Price: 69% of Entrance Fee); Declining Refund (Price: 55% of Entrance Fee) Priority access to Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Hamden area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 9 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Hamden area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 48 nursing homes communities in the Hamden area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.