Forsyth Court

Reviews of Forsyth Court

Independent Living Reviews for Forsyth Court

November 09, 2020

By Janet

I visited Forsyth Court and from what I saw, I was impressed. For a lot of these place, they'll tell you how much the rent is, but they'll say expect to pay extras. I heard from a few a patients that when you got in there the extras run into quite a bit of money, so I won't move there until I get a list of what they call extras that I will have to pay for. But I was impressed with their cleanliness, and their friendliness. They're very open and friendly.

April 10, 2020

By Sharon

Forsyth Court was a very nice property. They were very helpful and gracious when we first came in. They try to keep them still independent, and I didn't smell anything bad. I felt like I was at a nice hotel. I saw people eating, and I could tell the food was good. They had a shuttle for them, they had a welcome lady to get them familiar with the community, and they had so many activities like cards, a pool table, and movies. It had a nice vibe.

Hi Sharon, thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you stopping by our community to take a tour, and are happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about our community, we are here to help!

November 18, 2019

By Kay

Forsyth Court is an excellent place. I had dreamed of going there before I ever thought of getting a place. It's beautiful and prices may be a little high, but it's worth it. The staff was excellent. The dining area was spacious and convenient for entry.

January 01, 2019

By Kathryn

The people at Forsyth Court were pleasant to us. It was a pretty place. I was there on time for the appointment, but I stood there kind of lost in the lobby for quite a while, and I could see people in an office, but nobody came. When I went to the office, I was told there was somebody else using that office and that wasn't the person I was looking for. They talked about having a variety of activities, like outings and shopping. The facility was good. It just wasn't the level Mom needed. I could tell that it was a fairly active community, but it didn't provide the supervision and assistance that she needed.

February 28, 2018

By Alvin

Everything at Forsyth Court was nice. I liked the entire facility. The person who toured me was very nice and very knowledgeable of the facility itself. I didn't try the food, but the dining area looked well kept. They had a fitness center and lounges. I didn't see anything that would turn me off.

August 21, 2017

By Regina

I like Forsyth Court because the people are very friendly and caring, and they make my mom feel at home. Her apartment is just enough room for her, and she doesn’t feel overwhelmed. She has housekeeping that comes in, she has 3 meals in the dining room, and she doesn’t have to eat what everybody eats because they order from a menu. They have plenty of activities all day long to keep my mom busy. They take them to the doctors, they take them shopping, and they take them out for day trips. It is just a nice environment; we love it. I visited a lot of places, and I chose this one because it stood out the most.

May 25, 2017

By diane052252

The Forsyth Court was my least favorite of the places I visited. I wasn't too crazy about the location. It's an older building; the rooms were the same as the others, but there were no balconies. The lady I met was very personable, I thoroughly enjoyed her, and she was my favorite. I saw the exercise room and the TV room, and I saw that they planned off-campus trips.

April 11, 2017

By Valerie O

My mother was in Forsyth for two and a half years. It was very well kept and clean. The administrator and staff cared about the residents, and provided a wide variety of activities and meals that were well prepared most of the time. Her fellow residents were very nice, and she made a lot of friends there. The staff did very well and were very caring. She was in a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchenette with a little stove, refrigerator, and a bay window, and they freshly painted and placed brand-new carpet when she moved in. There's an intercom system in the living area and bedroom, so she could always access help and a safety call alert system which she carried with her. This was provided free for all the residents.

March 04, 2017

By Kim373451

Right now, I am living in Forsyth Court. I like it because it is not too large. The older population here seems to be accepting of the younger population. The staff is wonderful. The managing company, Holiday Touch, is doing a good job when it comes to upgrading technology, but they are doing a poor job when it comes to accommodating some residents with the technology. They are using pendants for people to wear or to keep with them in case of falls or medical needs and I think all of that is wonderful. The bad thing is that in trying to maybe reduce liability and costs involved, they are also eliminating staff in the evenings. Some people moved here specifically because the staff is here 24/7, so it is not the best idea to change that. The staff really could not be any better. They are doing everything they can to minimize us feeling the changes. It is tough that they are no longer going to offer a 24/7 staff. Forsyth Court is warm, cozy, and family oriented.

November 28, 2016

By Rodney258615

Forsyth Court is the one I visited. It was very nice. It was independent living really, and it was really nice. I like it. It was very clean and very nice. They were very nice and very professional. They made you feel welcome. I felt they did everything they could to try to make it happen for me, but I think it was a little bit too much for my mom at the time.

November 23, 2016

By BJ803173

I wasn’t looking for anything but a 1-bedroom. I knew what I was looking for before they showed me anything at Forsyth Court. I think they were very friendly, a lot more so than what I’ve seen. I thought it was very nice. I liked it better because instead of seeing it more commercial-like, it seemed more like a home environment.

October 13, 2016

By Cathy766712

We went to Forsyth Court. It was excellent. They showed us the studio, the 1-bedroom, and the 2-bedroom. We saw the rec room, and they showed us the calendar of all the events that they had going on. Every single day, they had events going on, and they told us about the special activities they had at holidays and on the weekends. They had a library and a sitting room. Forsyth Court was very clean and organized. The staff seemed to know what they’re doing. They’re very, very friendly and helpful. However, my mother could not live by herself. But actually, I like the security at the front desk all the time. And if they do not come down for a meal, they always call. They don’t have to come down, but they do call to check whether they’re OK. They have transportation if they need to go to a doctor’s appointment. They can take them if a family member can’t take them.

May 10, 2016

By sister-in-law 105PXZBO

My brother-in-law is in Forsyth Court. I think the care is great, and the staff seems to be friendly. It is clean. They have private rooms of different sizes to choose from and activities.

November 30, 2015

By Susan H.3

I showed up unannounced at Forsyth Court, and they let me looked around. One of the residents took us on a tour, and she was very enthusiastic. We liked the place. It was a lively atmosphere, and a very attractive and comfortable environment. I saw the dining room and the library. I knew the played bridge. They had a movie nights and field trips.

July 15, 2015

We visited Forsyth Court for my mother-in-law. We did a tour of the place, it seemed very clean, and we just really liked the location. My mother-in-law didn't like it, but we thought it would be a good fit for her. The staff was very informative and very pleasant. It is a place that I would recommend to someone else. For the rooms, you had a choice of one-bedroom or a studio, and they each had a small kitchenette with a two-burner stove and a small refrigerator mounted up on the wall, so that you didn't have to bend over to get to it. I didn't get to tour their dining room, but she told us about what they offer, and it seemed a good variety of food. They offer a variety of activities including Bingo and cards, and they had a pool table in the halls. They do have an exercise room and a library.

July 04, 2015

I have been to Forsyth Court. It doesn’t have all the facilities that the other places do, but it seems like a friendly place. The whole facility has sort of an older style to it; the rooms are more old-fashioned. It’s not as bright and airy as some of the other places. I’ve eaten there a couple of times, and the food was good.

August 28, 2013

My visit with Independence Village was positive. It was a beautiful facility. The whole place was nice. Everybody was nice. They do have activities there. I tried their food and it was good. Their dining room was beautiful. Everything was positive. The only problem was that it was too expensive for me. However, I would recommend this place.

Questions about Forsyth Court

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Forsyth Court. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Forsyth Court offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Forsyth Court exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Forsyth Court offer to independent living residents?

If Forsyth Court accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Forsyth Court work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Forsyth Court

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Forsyth Court

Forsyth Court is located in Winston-Salem, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Forsyth Court for a visit...and stay!

Map of Forsyth Court