The Woods at Holly Tree

Offers Independent Living

4610 Holly Tree Rd, Wilmington, NC 28409
The Woods at Holly Tree (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of The Woods at Holly Tree

Independent Living Reviews for The Woods at Holly Tree

November 28, 2018

By Robert Wilson

Very nice clean community. Everyone looked happy and smiling. Was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and residents. I could tell everyone seemed very happy here. So glad I toured this place because now we have narrowed our options down to this community

November 14, 2018

By Robert Brock

The Woods at Holly Tree is an excellent place for seniors to live. I especially liked the walking path with the pond view. The people working there seemed great, and the staff was excellent. The facilities are good and overall the community looked very clean a place that I would love to see my mom. Out of all the places we have looked, The Woods at Holly Tree stood out the most.

November 13, 2018

By BarbaraB54

The Woods was very nice. The staff seem to be like family. I also enjoyed seeing the smiling faces of the current residents as it truly made the tour much more easier for my dad. I would reccomend this place to anyone who is looking for a great community regarding their loved one and know that my dad will enjoy living there.

March 28, 2018

By Hannah

I would not recommend The Woods at Holly Tree. It was very rundown and very disorganized. I was not happy with it. I would not place my parents there. They had the whole range of activities like other places do, like bingo, music, and outings, and they had a bus. If you want any services beyond that, you have to bring them in because they do not provide them and pay separately for it.

Hi Hannah, thank you for taking the time to provide us a with a review of your recent visit to The Woods at Holly Tree. We are always looking for ways to improve and have shared your review with our management team. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

August 23, 2017

By Maria

The Woods was very nice. I liked the atmosphere and everything looked beautiful. This was why I said yes to this community. They offered laundry service and three meals a day, or help whenever I need someone to clean the apartment. They had different activities, like bingo.

January 02, 2017

By Carl365088

The Woods at Holly Tree was a very nice place with very nice rooms. I was really impressed with it. They invited my son and me to have lunch with them, and the sales lady gave us a tour. I thought the food was a little on the slim side, but it was very good.

December 16, 2016

By Grandma Janie

The price...It's a beautiful campus, is decorated beautifully, but the price is way beyond our means.

November 26, 2016

By Karin518261

I liked the fact that once you are in The Woods at Holly Tree, supposedly you do not have to leave. If you need assistance, assistance can be brought to the residents. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The dining area and the rooms seemed very nice. The more you pay, the bigger you are going to get. But their prices change quite often, so when we could have afforded it, my mom wasn’t able to move in right away, and they went up quite a lot. I did eat there, and the food was very good.

November 01, 2016

By Miriam F.468641

Everything was fine at The Woods at Holly Tree except the location. It was not very accessible, and everything was a little busier. We had a short visit but very nice. The facility was fine, and the staff was very nice.

October 10, 2016

By Ben544641

I took a tour at The Woods at Holly Tree. I saw their rooms and their dining facilities. If it is associated with the Holiday Resorts, it’s a good facility. The appearance was good. It is a new facility. I guess the chef there has a bunch of awards for the cooking that he does, which is impressive. It was more modern than the other community. The facility was newer. I like the building itself a little bit better, but it turned out that it was just a little bit farther down the road. The staff and the lady who gave me the tour were very nice. It was a topnotch facility.

May 29, 2016

By Tim867433

The Woods at Holly Tree was nice. Everything was nice. It was an older facility, and the residents are nice. The residents were very happy there, and they said the food was good. If somebody is tight on their budget, this facility would be nice.

December 28, 2015

By Happy Visitor8

We thought the Woods at Holly Tree was very nice. We liked the setting, and the rooms were spacious. They were very helpful and showed us everything.

November 29, 2015

By Janet115756950

The Woods at Holly Tree was very nice; it just wasn’t what we were looking for because it was just a little too limited. The two-bedroom apartments were very small and did not have full kitchens, only a sink and a little refrigerator. It just wasn’t what my parents were looking for at the time. I understand there’s probably a lot of people that stay there don’t need anything more than that, but you have to furnish your own microwave if you stay there. The people were wonderful, very accommodating, very nice, very helpful, and tried very hard to answer our questions.

July 14, 2015

By wagons2

Mom has a one bedroom apartment which is a bedroom, living area and kitchenette, approximately 450 sq ft. In this area such an apartment with utilities could be rented for about $650-750 mo. In 3 yrs the rates have increased from 3200 up to 3700/mo. The food is good but not great, and activities are limited to some game nights, wii bowling, or an occasional guest entertainment such as volunteer singing groups, and I don't feel like the cost is justified. I am also very concerned that a large portion of the residents are mobility impaired, using walkers and canes, and there is only one elevator serving over a hundred apartments, raising serious safety concerns if an evacuation is necessary. On the plus side, the managers are helpful and caring, and the facility is well kept. We are looking for another facility in the area, but the fees are suspiciously similar, and there doesn't seem to be much competition. I would like for her to live with me, but she doesn't want to leave her friends. So in spite of the fact that she has spent over $100,000 plus phone/internet fees in the 3 years she has been there, I guess we're stuck.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel as if your mom is receiving a valuable senior living experience at The Woods at Hollytree. We understand that the face of senior living is changing and we need to adapt to those changes, so I sent your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review. I also sent your review to our safety director here at Home Office. We take safety very seriously here at Holiday and don't ever want you to have to worry about your mom's safety being compromised. If you have any specific suggestions on how we can offer better services to your mom (i.e. activities you'd like to see her involved in) you can call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks for your honest feedback and we hope to hear from you soon, Katie

April 29, 2014

By Randi1

The Woods was cheery, very clean, with a lot of activities going on. It was a larger facility, and it was nice. Not only their administration people, but their nursing people and physical therapy people were wonderful and willing to work with my mom's needs and help her. I had lunch there, and they were wonderful.

November 25, 2013

By John74155750

The Woods at Holly Tree was nice. They showed us two apartments. The one looked okay and the other one my wife didn't like at all because there was no stove in there. The food was okay. It was kind of homey. The people were friendly and the staff was nice.

October 09, 2013

By Jo Ann1

The Woods had apartments with kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom and bathroom. The staff was accommodating. They had lots of activities available for their residents.

September 11, 2013

The Woods at Holly Tree was a very nice place. It was clean and had a lot of activities for the residents.

May 15, 2013

By Garrie

The Woods of Holly Tree was absolutely beautiful. Everything was just perfect. The people were very welcoming, we liked the services that they're going to provide. The residents themselves always had a smile on their faces. The rooms were clean and spacious. It meets mom's needs at the time. Mom actually signed the contract, but then changed her mind and decided to stay home.

July 26, 2011

By rcr

Nice facility, poor management. Housekeepers are expected to clean the rooms and serve all the meals (the room cleanliness suffers). Food is good and the common areas are dated but somewhat maintained. Would not have been my first choice but it was located near me.

Questions about The Woods at Holly Tree

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Woods at Holly Tree. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents of The Woods At Holly Tree range in age from 62 to 102. Favorite activities include bingo, bridge, our twice monthly mystery bus tour, movie club, and exercise classes.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Woods At Holly Tree senior living campus is close to a movie theater, YMCA, shopping centers, restaurants, health care, downtown Wilmington, art museums, the zoo, and the aquarium.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Woods at Holly Tree has organized?

Recent off-site events residents have enjoyed include a historical tour of downtown as many of our residents are from outside of North Carolina. Residents also recently enjoyed our mystery bus tour to Myrtle Beach and an outing to see Franklin Graham speak at a sold-out arena show.

What transportation services does The Woods at Holly Tree offer to independent living residents?

The Woods At Holly Tree provides complimentary scheduled transportation to appointments, errands, shopping, and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Woods at Holly Tree exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our classically trained chef provides a diverse menu. Residents especially enjoy his monthly “Celebrate a Country” menu that features fare from a different country around the world each time. He hosts a monthly roundtable and takes suggestions from residents, often joining them in their own kitchens to learn how to make “grandma’s peach cobbler” or other favorite dishes.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas at The Woods At Holly Tree include an exercise room, billiards room, TV room, activity room, chapel, and restaurant-style dining area.

What safety features or security measures does The Woods at Holly Tree offer to independent living residents?

All residents are equipped with a GreatCall emergency response device. Doors are locked from the outside every evening at 7:30 pm.

If The Woods at Holly Tree accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Furry friends love walking along the paved paths with their owners, as well as our designated dog park. For residents without pets, our adopted ducks in the pond and two bunnies in our activity room provide hours of entertainment.

Does The Woods at Holly Tree work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Two home health care agencies have offices at The Woods At Holly Tree. We also work with several companies in the area.

Costs for The Woods at Holly Tree

Photos of The Woods at Holly Tree

Services and Amenities of The Woods at Holly Tree

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Woods at Holly Tree

The Woods at Holly Tree is located in Wilmington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Woods at Holly Tree for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Woods at Holly Tree