Lake Shore Commons

Reviews of Lake Shore Commons

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Shore Commons

June 21, 2021

By Keri

The staff of Lake Shore Commons was nice enough. It was just that the environment felt like a nursing home. The apartments were very outdated and very small too. It had a very old feeling to it. I only walked past the dining area, and it just looked like a cafeteria. They do bingo, and there is an event calendar with few of the other things they do.

Hi Keri, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We regret to hear that we were not the perfect fit for you at this time. If anything changes and all-inclusive independent senior living is right for you, please do not hesitate to reach out!

June 09, 2021

By Melanie

My aunt is moving into Lake Shore Commons this Saturday. It's very positive. Everyone is very friendly, the place is clean, and they have been welcoming. I'm curious to see how it will be when she actually arrives, but so far so good. They're very clean. I like the fact that they had a number of staff available, and they're very responsive. The facilities are a little dated, but all very clean and nice. The activities rock! They have bingo every day, they have Bible studies, and they have the best activities out of all the communities where she has lived.

January 27, 2021

By Carol

My mother has been living in Lake Shore Commons for almost two years now. It's very pleasing and adequate. We have eaten there many times, and the food is good. The personnel is very friendly and adequate. The staff is great, very attentive, and very accommodating. She has a studio apartment with a little balcony, and it's very conveniently located. She does well there. They keep it very clean, and they've had no COVID at all. It's very attractively landscaped and very nice. It's older, but it's very well maintained, so there's no problem with it.

August 29, 2020

By Perfect home for my parents

Wonderful, caring staff and very clean. Management listens to any concerns and is very accommodating.

January 01, 2020

By Paula

Lake Shore Commons is independent living but that's not what I need. I need assisted living. Well, it was really nice and really good. Debra was great. The rooms were good and nice size. As far as I can remember, amenities were available, too. I saw the dining area and it was rather elegant.

Hi Paula, thank you for stopping by and letting us show you around our community. While we may not have been the best fit for you at this time, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our community!

October 11, 2019

By Celia

I toured Lake Shore Commons. I enjoyed the tour, it was very comprehensive, and I liked the look of the community, however, it's not the right fit for my dad. We looked at a 1-bedroom, and a couple of studios, so there's a large variety of sizes to choose from, and they appeared to be in good condition and bright. It looked like a nice place to live. The staff was very friendly, even the people not participating in the tour were very welcoming, and seemed to be very friendly with the residents.

March 18, 2019

By Linda

Lake Shore Commons is independent living and we're paying extra for medication to be given to my mother-in-law. It's lovely, not brand new but it's kept up, it's clean, and there's no odor. The staff has worked there a long time and is like family. They are the most friendly and outgoing and so are the residents. My mother-in-law looked pretty happy there. They have a nice variety of activities and the food is very good. They have musical entertainment, events like parties for St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day, classes, outings to restaurants, and a bus takes them to doctor's appointments or picking up prescriptions. It's very affordable, but it depends on the apartment that you selected. She is in the bottom floor, which has a patio, a living room, a bedroom, a kitchenette, and a good sized bathroom. The residents are more with it and not slumped over in wheelchairs. They're interacting and participating.

Hi Linda, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. We work hard to offer a wide variety of fun and purposeful activities for residents!

July 31, 2018

By Edward

Lake Shore Commons is an excellent place for seniors to live. I especially like the south side of the building where you can exit from your apartment into the grass on the outside area. There's also a patio. I like that you're not boxed in, you can just open the door and step outside. It's a pretty nice place to me. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. What hit me the most would probably be the price. The people working there seemed great, and the staff was excellent. The facilities are good, they're probably a lot more than you need. The buildings are almost like houses, they're large, there's convenience in getting around, and you get a pretty good sized apartment.

February 25, 2018

By Wanda

We visited Lake Shore Commons. The meal that we had was very nutritious and the staff members were very caring. It was a good area, and the grounds were very well maintained. The rooms that we toured were very nice, well appointed, very clean, and maintained. They had a Veterans Day service to honor the veterans, and if the residents were the widows of veterans, they were recognized as well. They had a band there that afternoon.

July 17, 2017

By Philip

My in-laws used to live in Lake Shore Commons, and it was very nice. The staff was good, the food was pretty good, and there's nothing wrong there. The facility was first class all the way, clean, and in good condition. They had church, exercise, entertainment would come in, and there was even a bus that would take them to different things.

November 01, 2016

By Miriam F.468641

We liked Lake Shore Commons very much, and it was very nice and wasn't in a bad location. We had a very favorable impression. They showed me a couple different arrangements of rooms like a studio and 1-bedroom. The staff was very nice, and we enjoyed our visit.

October 10, 2016

By Ben544641

My dad is at a place called Lake Shore Commons. It is a nice-looking place. There is a lake right behind it. The staff is really good. It’s independent living, and if my dad was able to take advantage of it, it would be wonderful for him. They have bingo just about everyday, and they have a card room. He has been there for about a year and a half now, and I have gotten to know a lot of the staff there. They’re really good folks. The food is good. The activities that they provide and the support for the residents are outstanding really. They are really top of the line. I wish my dad was able to take advantage of the many things there. For my dad, it is not just a good fit, but they provide so much there.

June 28, 2016

By Arnold812363

Lake Shore Commons was a good option to consider. It seemed to have all the things on the list that we had, and it was accommodating, pleasant, clean, and all the things you'd want and expect. They woman who took us around was very courteous and understood our needs, and also was clear in explaining various options. We had an activity sheet, and there was a good variety of things to do, like side trips, transportation to restaurants, cards, dominoes, and things like that.

May 10, 2016

By VickiZDPQX

My dad is in Lake Shore Commons. The staff is OK. The rooms seem fine and spacious for him. They have activities, like shopping and going out to eat. The food seems fine.

May 10, 2016

By Alex B.XXWVI

Our visit at Lake Shore Commons was excellent. The facility was very nice. We liked that they offered different types of rooms and seemed very willing to accomodate adding services as needed as the residents aged. They had places to do jigsaw puzzles and some exercise equipment in an actual exercise room. The staff was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. What stood out was the fact that it was near a lake that had a walking trail around the lake. I thought my father-in-law would really like that and the idea that you could age-in-place.

September 07, 2015

By Gayle18

I visited Lakeshore Commons. The people were wonderful. Every person I met there was wonderful. They were trying to work with me very hard to get me in to one of their studio apartments. The rooms were nice. The studio was what I saw, and it was spacious enough to have a living room with a pull out bed. It had a little kitchenette with everything you needed. There was a laundry facility. There was a fine dining, and it was just awesome. There was a grand piano in the dining room. I played the piano, so that really intrigues me. I loved it. I would recommend it to somebody who had the money.

June 15, 2015

My cousin is in Lake Shore Commons. The staff is very helpful in the transition. When my cousin arrived there and his furniture was not there yet, they put him in the guest room, which is a very nice, beautiful place. They have a basket in there for him with different things, and I think that is nice. When he moved to his original room, they also had another kind of basket there with some goodies in it, which I think it is nice, and the people there seems nice. They can give pills, showers, and all of that. I think that they are very helpful, it is a very pretty place, and they seem to have a lot of activities not that my cousin partakes in a lot of them. I am pleased, and he seems happy there.

January 23, 2015

By Helen101455550

I went to Lake Shore Commons in Wilmington. I looked online, and then I set up a tour. I went down there and looked, and I liked it. As for the rooms, you get a choice of all different sizes and all different places. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I was able to try the food, and it was good. The whole month of January was slamming with something to do. They have a chapel and exercise room. They have bingo and a pool table. They even have planned activities for going out to different places in the area. I really liked how peaceful it felt.

April 29, 2014

By Randi1

The second place that I really liked for my mom is Lake Shore Commons. It was a beautiful community and very clean. It was pleasant-looking, pleasant-smelling. The staff seemed very helpful and informative. The apartments were beautiful, and it was right down the block from a hospital, which was very good. It was a very nice facility as well, and they had physical therapy there that you were able to do. It is a place that I would have been very happy with if my mother decided to move there.

March 27, 2014

I went to Lake Shore Commons for a visit, and it was a nice facility. They have good options for the residents. I just like the place because it's very clean.

November 27, 2013

By Becky14

We liked Lake Shore Commons and in fact we are going back again to see the facility. The environment is cheerful and uplifting. This place is very friendly. When you move in, they select a buddy to hang around with you until you meet more people and so we thought this facility would be good for her. Their rooms were of nice size for what they offer. They have a lot of things going on there. They have a lot music programs. They have a piano in the dining area. They also take the residents out to shopping, but I just think they are too expensive.

October 09, 2013

By Jo Ann1

I was impressed with Lake Shore Commons because their set up suited the individual needs of the residents. They had a cottage, which was like and apartment and I thought that was nice. They also had individual rooms. The units had their own refrigerator. They lots of activities for the residents.

July 27, 2011

By coolphyl

THIS FACILITY IS UPSCALE IN CLEANLINESS, CARE & KITCHEN HELP. I VISITED THIS FACILITY AS I HAVE AN ACQUAINTANCE MANY TIMES AS I AM A VOLUNTEER WITH THE SENIOR CENTER & RECEIVE MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THEIR WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT FOR THEIR RESIDENTS, AS IS THEIR FOOD PREPARATION BY THEIR MARVELOUS KITCHEN HELP. HOORAY FOR LAKE SHORE COMMONS! PHYLLIS BUCHMAN

Questions about Lake Shore Commons

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lake Shore Commons. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Lake Shore Commons offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Lake Shore Commons exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Lake Shore Commons offer to independent living residents?

If Lake Shore Commons accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Lake Shore Commons work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Lake Shore Commons

Photos of Lake Shore Commons

Services and Amenities of Lake Shore Commons

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Lake Shore Commons

Lake Shore Commons is located in Wilmington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lake Shore Commons for a visit...and stay!

Map of Lake Shore Commons