Lake Shore Commons

Offers Independent Living

1402 Hospital Plaza Dr, Wilmington, NC 28401
Lake Shore Commons (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Lake Shore Commons

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Shore Commons

November 01, 2016

By Miriam F.468641

We liked Lake Shore Commons very much, and it was very nice and wasn't in a bad location. We had a very favorable impression. They showed me a couple different arrangements of rooms like a studio and 1-bedroom. The staff was very nice, and we enjoyed our visit.

October 10, 2016

By Ben544641

My dad is at a place called Lake Shore Commons. It is a nice-looking place. There is a lake right behind it. The staff is really good. It’s independent living, and if my dad was able to take advantage of it, it would be wonderful for him. They have bingo just about everyday, and they have a card room. He has been there for about a year and a half now, and I have gotten to know a lot of the staff there. They’re really good folks. The food is good. The activities that they provide and the support for the residents are outstanding really. They are really top of the line. I wish my dad was able to take advantage of the many things there. For my dad, it is not just a good fit, but they provide so much there.

June 28, 2016

By Arnold812363

Lake Shore Commons was a good option to consider. It seemed to have all the things on the list that we had, and it was accommodating, pleasant, clean, and all the things you'd want and expect. They woman who took us around was very courteous and understood our needs, and also was clear in explaining various options. We had an activity sheet, and there was a good variety of things to do, like side trips, transportation to restaurants, cards, dominoes, and things like that.

May 10, 2016

By VickiZDPQX

My dad is in Lake Shore Commons. The staff is OK. The rooms seem fine and spacious for him. They have activities, like shopping and going out to eat. The food seems fine.

May 10, 2016

By Alex B.XXWVI

Our visit at Lake Shore Commons was excellent. The facility was very nice. We liked that they offered different types of rooms and seemed very willing to accomodate adding services as needed as the residents aged. They had places to do jigsaw puzzles and some exercise equipment in an actual exercise room. The staff was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. What stood out was the fact that it was near a lake that had a walking trail around the lake. I thought my father-in-law would really like that and the idea that you could age-in-place.

September 07, 2015

By Gayle18

I visited Lakeshore Commons. The people were wonderful. Every person I met there was wonderful. They were trying to work with me very hard to get me in to one of their studio apartments. The rooms were nice. The studio was what I saw, and it was spacious enough to have a living room with a pull out bed. It had a little kitchenette with everything you needed. There was a laundry facility. There was a fine dining, and it was just awesome. There was a grand piano in the dining room. I played the piano, so that really intrigues me. I loved it. I would recommend it to somebody who had the money.

June 15, 2015

My cousin is in Lake Shore Commons. The staff is very helpful in the transition. When my cousin arrived there and his furniture was not there yet, they put him in the guest room, which is a very nice, beautiful place. They have a basket in there for him with different things, and I think that is nice. When he moved to his original room, they also had another kind of basket there with some goodies in it, which I think it is nice, and the people there seems nice. They can give pills, showers, and all of that. I think that they are very helpful, it is a very pretty place, and they seem to have a lot of activities not that my cousin partakes in a lot of them. I am pleased, and he seems happy there.

January 23, 2015

By Helen101455550

I went to Lake Shore Commons in Wilmington. I looked online, and then I set up a tour. I went down there and looked, and I liked it. As for the rooms, you get a choice of all different sizes and all different places. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I was able to try the food, and it was good. The whole month of January was slamming with something to do. They have a chapel and exercise room. They have bingo and a pool table. They even have planned activities for going out to different places in the area. I really liked how peaceful it felt.

April 29, 2014

By Randi1

The second place that I really liked for my mom is Lake Shore Commons. It was a beautiful community and very clean. It was pleasant-looking, pleasant-smelling. The staff seemed very helpful and informative. The apartments were beautiful, and it was right down the block from a hospital, which was very good. It was a very nice facility as well, and they had physical therapy there that you were able to do. It is a place that I would have been very happy with if my mother decided to move there.

March 27, 2014

I went to Lake Shore Commons for a visit, and it was a nice facility. They have good options for the residents. I just like the place because it's very clean.

November 27, 2013

By Becky14

We liked Lake Shore Commons and in fact we are going back again to see the facility. The environment is cheerful and uplifting. This place is very friendly. When you move in, they select a buddy to hang around with you until you meet more people and so we thought this facility would be good for her. Their rooms were of nice size for what they offer. They have a lot of things going on there. They have a lot music programs. They have a piano in the dining area. They also take the residents out to shopping, but I just think they are too expensive.

October 09, 2013

By Jo Ann1

I was impressed with Lake Shore Commons because their set up suited the individual needs of the residents. They had a cottage, which was like and apartment and I thought that was nice. They also had individual rooms. The units had their own refrigerator. They lots of activities for the residents.

July 27, 2011

By coolphyl

THIS FACILITY IS UPSCALE IN CLEANLINESS, CARE & KITCHEN HELP. I VISITED THIS FACILITY AS I HAVE AN ACQUAINTANCE MANY TIMES AS I AM A VOLUNTEER WITH THE SENIOR CENTER & RECEIVE MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THEIR WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT FOR THEIR RESIDENTS, AS IS THEIR FOOD PREPARATION BY THEIR MARVELOUS KITCHEN HELP. HOORAY FOR LAKE SHORE COMMONS! PHYLLIS BUCHMAN

Costs for Lake Shore Commons

Photos of Lake Shore Commons

Services and Amenities of Lake Shore Commons

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Lake Shore Commons

Lake Shore Commons is located in Wilmington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lake Shore Commons for a visit...and stay!

Map of Lake Shore Commons