The Clinard House

Reviews of The Clinard House

Assisted Living Reviews for The Clinard House

August 14, 2018

By Marilyn

I feel my mother has a home until she leaves this body for her eternal home. The team is not like employees more like family who care and engage my mother daily. My mother was always a joyful and socially active lady. Now she can enjoy her final years to laughter and songs at her level of ability, giving her quality of life even though she is in the midst of dementia. Thank you so much for your loving care from the heart. It shows with every communication and visit.

August 14, 2018

By Ron B.

Awesome place. Everyone feels like family. Very clean. Never any odors. I truly believe my mother would not be alive today if I hadn’t taken her here. And now she is not alone and in better health. The “Home style “ setting is so much better than the institutional type facility. I really resisted taking her here. I always felt a nursing home was a death sentence. This is not typical of most nursing homes though. WHAT A BLESSING! Prayers were definitely answered for me. Kathy H. is an angel.

June 28, 2018

By Homeward bound

This new home for my mom has been a true life saver! The staff and facilities are exceptional! The low ratio and attention to personal needs and individual preferences is superb! This is a one of a kind setting and I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place that feels like home!

January 01, 2016

By Joanne V.

We have a close friend who lives at The Clinard House. He was so lucky to have his family find this home for him. He had become to much for his wife to handle at home. Let's be real here no one wants to have to put a family member in a home but sometimes there is no other choice. This place is so wonderful. The people that work here really really do care about the people they care for. You just can't fake it 24-7! There is true caring and love for the patients that live in these homes. The staff has learned what our friend's need's are. They are providing care for him at a very high level. This is the first place our friend has gone to so I can't compare to other places very well. I just know about stories I have heard! We are so glad he is where he is and in such good caring hands. The whole family is so relaxed with him there It's nice to be able to go online and see what he is doing almost anytime. Thank you Kathy and your entire stall! You are all so wonderful!

Memory Care Reviews for The Clinard House

June 29, 2018

By Chip

The Almost Home Group uses a different approach than most assisted living/memorycare facilities ... as it is not a facility but a home. Kathy, the owner, has a mission to help folks with memory care needs as well as other needs and her approach is to bring them into a home as opposed to a facility or nursing home. Our family could not be more pleased nor thankful.

September 20, 2015

By RachelV

The Almost Home Group is an exemplary model of care for individuals walking the path of dementia. My Dad is a resident and has 1:1 care, home cooked meals, stellar hygeine care, and uncomparable nursing support in a residential setting nestled in a pristine, historic neighborhood. The Almost Home Group is pioneering a model of dementia care that is uncomparable to any residential facility. We had my father at a very highly rated memory care assisted living facility that was not a good fit for him because it wasn't 'HOME' and further was not able to meet his behavior needs he confronted in the later stages of his Alzheimer's disease. Our family had to weather poor adjustment and an inpatient psychiatric admission prior to having the privilege to ultimately have my father reside at the Clinard House with the Almost Home Group. He has been able to gain back significant weight due to his dramatic increase in appetite, maintain his hygeine with the attention of both the NA's and Hospice care within the loving walls of a residential dementia home. Kathy, the owner of the Almost Home Group has given our family the invaluable gift of peace of mind. I am a Nurse Practitioner and was paramount in our families journey to find care for my father, who has severe Alzheimer's disease. I have visited at least a dozen facilities, read numerous books, talked with endless admission directors and feel confident when I say there is not one residential facility that is delivering the level of dignified, personal and professional care as the Almost Home Group. Kathy's vision, perseverance and love for individuals with dementia is unmistakably her calling. I could scream from the rooftops in praise of Kathy, her husband and her staff.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for The Clinard House

Photos of The Clinard House

Services and Amenities of The Clinard House

• Companion Suites: We Only Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: FCL-029-012

• About The Clinard House

The Clinard House (by The Almost Home Group) is a co-ed home for seniors with memory loss and/or the need for assistance with Activities of Daily Living. Located in the lovely Erwin Heights neighborhood, this 1950's brick ranch is staffed by two (2) caregivers for a maximum of six (6) residents. The Clinard House accepts both ladies and gentlemen.

Our residential care home is an excellent alternative to large nursing homes or locked Alzheimer's units. Our staff also includes a Registered Nurse, a chef, and an NCCAP Certified Activity professional.

Map of The Clinard House