Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Reviews of Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Southern Pines

January 29, 2016

By Nate2

We visited Elmcroft of Southern Pines for my mom. It was great. It was like being at a private retreat. However, it was obviously big money. My mother has dementi, and she needed to be in a secure unit. The Alzheimer’s/dementia unit was completely separate from the main facility. It was in a building all to itself. All the rooms were private. They were well-decorated. The facility was very luxurious with two dining rooms for the residents. One was for the residents who needed assistance and cleaning. The other was for the ones who could feed themselves. They had shared railing throughout the facility for stability. They had a common area that was big, and it had a piano. It was great.

April 06, 2015

I visited Elmcroft. They were very pleasant, personable, and nice. They showed us the facility. They showed the cafeteria where they eat, the common areas, and the rooms. It was very nice, and I liked Elmcroft. However, between Elmcroft and the place where I placed my parents, there was about a $1,500 monthly difference. It was more updated and everything. They discussed the activities with me, but I don't remember what they were. The building is very pretty, very well maintained, and very clean.

June 21, 2013

By Bob29

My mom has been in Elmcroft of Southern Pines for two years now. We have looked two or three around the area and we've decided that's the one because it's close to where she's from. It's a fine community. The room that she got is just the right size to what she needs. It's a really nice room with one bedroom and a small sitting area. Also the staff help her with her meals, with getting her clothes organized, and bringing her her medicines. They're nurturing and attentive. One thing they could improve on is to personalize their services and food selections, make them more meeting the specific needs of their residents individually.

We appreciate your comments and are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with our community as a home for your mom. And that our wonderful caregivers are attending to her needs. Thanks also for your comments on how we can improve our dining program.

Costs for Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Photos of Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Southern Pines

• About Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Elmcroft of Southern Pines is conveniently located in the southwest section of Moore County, within minutes of Moore Regional Hospital. A short drive in the country will take you to the surrounding communities of Carthage, Cameron, Robbins and Pinebluff, while the cities of Fayetteville, Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina are all less than a four-hour round trip. The area surrounding Southern Pines is well known for horseback riding, pottery and golf. Nearby downtown Southern Pines, full of welcoming specialty shops and restaurants, is regularly enjoyed by our residents.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Southern Pines is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Southern Pines has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Southern Pines features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Southern Pines is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Southern Pines is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Southern Pines, North Carolina community.

Map of Elmcroft of Southern Pines