The Gardens at Wakefield

Offers Independent Living

12800 Spruce Tree Way, Raleigh, NC 27614
The Gardens at Wakefield (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 12 days

Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by January 31st. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of The Gardens at Wakefield

Independent Living Reviews for The Gardens at Wakefield

September 22, 2020

By DForsythe

The Gardens is a well thought out community with a very caring staff. My Aunt who has lived here for several years loves the activities and the fact that she can live in a safe, carefree environment with people her own age.

September 08, 2020

By wb2aga

I love living here.. I have a full kitchen with a microwave oven a dish washer ,a stove, a refrigerator and a pantry. I have internet access and cable tv. I have a stall shower. Electricity and air conditioning are included. The social live is great, exercise sessions are available. Food is good 97.6 percent of the time. I have a two bedroom apartment. One bedroom is a MAN CAVE the other is for sleeping. The staff is GREAT.

September 06, 2020

By KBWarren

A warm, caring community resides in the Gardens @ Wakefield. Spacious rooms, large closets and full sized kitchens are standard. Kind and helpful staff, at all levels, are always willing to roll up their sleeves to help residents. Delicious, creative mealplan, and fun activities included.

November 29, 2019

By Kay

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation was a nice place. There were buses available, and the pets were allowed at a reasonable price of $25 a month. There was no pickleball available and no swimming pool, but they had a guest room you could use.

May 06, 2019

By CH

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation was very good. The atmosphere was very nice and the courtyard was wonderful. They have a lot of nice amenities. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The dining area was clean and they had a lot of different choices for food which is nice. You can get hamburgers any day and snacks any time. They have all kinds of activities like Bingo, entertainers coming in, piano, and they go on outings.

January 11, 2019

By W.B.

We visited The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation, and this is our second choice community. We walked through the place and saw some rooms, we also saw their outdoor areas and everything. We had a meal there and it was very nice. We liked the calendar of events that they had, we liked the appearance of the community specially the outdoor areas. It was nice. Everybody was very nice. They also had several options in room sizes which was good. But they're just too expensive and out of reach for ordinary people.

August 06, 2018

By Ava

My mother is at the independent living level of The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation, but we hired personal care assistance separately. It's a beautiful community and well-kept. The staff is very nice, the coordinator was very attentive and outstanding, and the variety of activities are great. I have no complaints at all. My mom didn't want to participate but the activities director was very patient, sat her down and talked to her. She had a very nice 1-bedroom apartment, it had a washer and dryer, bathroom, kitchenette and it was clean. The cleaning services comes in once a week and took care of the vacuuming and garbage. It was a very nice and welcoming place. I also wanted to say how sweet they were, the kitchen staff would come on their days off or on their breaks and would sit with my mom to provide company. She loves it there and they love her, it was really cute to see that. My mother had a really enjoyable time that she spent there. The food was good, there was a time when they had a change in the kitchen staff.

October 06, 2017

By Mary

Our daughter is at The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation because she suffers from bipolar depression. She is 59. She was very lonely and living by herself, and she said that she would like to go where there are other people. The activities are there if she wants to do them. She just called and told us the activities she did for the day, which were good. They appear to encourage friendliness among the residents. It was a very difficult adjustment for my daughter as she is the youngest person there, but she is fully adjusting. The facilities are nice. They just recently cleaned all the carpets and furniture. The people are very kind. The woman who interviewed us before we started was very friendly and very caring. The community is in a nice area, and they have a lovely garden for people to walk through. I'm just very thankful.

November 19, 2016

By Kristy145240

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation is in a very quiet area, and the staff is very friendly and very nice. It looks a little older, but it’s a perfectly nice place. The dining area was located right when you walked in which my mother didn’t like, but it didn’t bother me. A 2-bedroom unit was the largest place, and it was about 1200 sq ft. They have some exercise classes, but their workout room is not very well equipped which is not good for my mom because she still works out. They don’t have a pool which a lot of the other places have. They had things that they did together like art but not a lot of physical activities.

October 27, 2016

By Carla173106

I live in The Gardens; it’s very nice, but very expensive. Other than that, there are plenty of activities, and it’s very nice. The food is so-so; sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s not, and it’s not the greatest. I don’t think institutionalized food is any good anywhere. My apartment is big enough for me; I have a 1-bedroom, 1- bath, a living room, and a kitchen.

November 09, 2015

By Robert114198450

We visited The Gardens at Wakefield. We liked the facilities because they were completely equipped with kitchens, two bathrooms, and laundry facilities in each apartment. There is a guy from New York who is in charge of outreach for all of the facilities under the Holiday Communities. He and his wife were there on a two-week stay, but they took over and hosted our visit to the fullest. They took us around and introduced us to most of the key staff and personnel. We had a great visit. Everybody there was friendly. They have a full calendar of activities posted somewhere in the dining area, and it was filled up for the month. The food was very good, too, with excellent variety.

June 29, 2015

By Chuck14

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation actually was pretty nice. It is a little farther away than I wanted to drive, and the cost is a little more than I expected, but other than that, it was a pretty nice place.

June 21, 2015

By TW1

I was very impressed with this facility. The staff and residents were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Staff followed up with me to answer any questions and to invite me back. The facility and grounds made you feel as if you were in a very nice apartment complex. This facility was in my top 2 pick for my mother.

August 26, 2014

By Caring92046450

We are very happy with the Gardens at Wakefield Plantation. We like fact that it has a washer and dryer in each apartment and a full kitchen, but that they also serve three meals a day. The staff is very supportive; the grounds are well-maintained; and they have a lot of activities planned for the residents. My father likes it a lot. They had a chef and they really liked the food, but then they changed chefs and the residents are not as pleased with the menus that they have now.

May 29, 2014

I've been visiting The Gardens for 4 or 5 years. I was very familiar with it. The food is very good; they have 3 meals a day. They have a washer and dryer in the room. They have a good staff. They have trips in town and meetings for various subjects. They have a regular schedule of buses to the grocery stores and doctors. The rooms looked all right to me. I don’t think they're terribly small.

February 14, 2014

The size of the apartments is what I liked best about The Gardens, and the friendliness. The food, the staff. Everything about it is good. My mother feels very much at home. She describes it as a nice homey atmosphere.

December 30, 2013

By Karen82060650

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation was very pretty, and the staff was very nice. The rooms were also very nice and adequately-sized. I would recommend this place.

June 19, 2013

By Amelia1

I visited the Gardens at Wakefield. It was a lovely place, but it's too far for my family. They got some nice staff and they have some nice rooms. The apartments have balcony. They are comfortable. They have transportation and exercise classes.

Costs for The Gardens at Wakefield

Photos of The Gardens at Wakefield

Services and Amenities of The Gardens at Wakefield

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Gardens at Wakefield

The Gardens at Wakefield is located in Raleigh, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

From pleasant housekeepers to attentive servers at mealtime and helpful maintenance technicians who are there when you need them, this community is the new extension of your family. We take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents will welcome you. We look forward to making your life easier any way we can.

So come to The Gardens at Wakefield for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Gardens at Wakefield