The Manor

The Manor (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Manor

Independent Living Reviews for The Manor

November 28, 2013

The Manor had independent living and if you need assisted living, they had another facility right alongside it. The facility was clean. They had shared exercise room and dining room. They also had a restaurant. One of the attractions there was no prepared food and you would have to order to food from the restaurant. You would have to order and pay for them unlike in other facilities where they had two or three meals a day provided by the facility. They had a quite reasonable sized room. They had a kitchen. The fees were a lot lower than the other place. The young person who showed us around was very nice. It was near a hospital and near a rapidly developing area with all kinds of restaurants.

By Janet29

Throughout the years I have always loved to volunteer and am still able to do that through the Friends & Neighbors program. I am a very social person and love to meet new people. Living at the Manor is like being in a college dorm all over again. I love staying active and independent.

By Joan26

From day one, after meeting the residents at the Manor I feel like I am part of one big family. I have the best of both worlds my own family lives close by too. Finding a place that is safe and secure was a big priority for me and believe me I feel very safe living at the Manor. I am very thankful there is no more yard work for me.

By Marvel1

During the first couple weeks of my move to the Manor I met so many friends that made me feel very welcome. Everything is so convenient. My family lives very close to me and I can go shopping in less than five minutes from where I live. Afternoon socials at 4:00 PM are a must. I look forward to the social every day. There are so many activities to participate in I don’t have time to stay in my apartment unless I want to. I love my new home.

August 08, 2013

By Jerry10

The Manor at Carolina Place was nice and brand new. It had a complete apartment with a full complete kitchen and laundry facility right in your own suite! It really appealed to me the most. Their rooms and the staff were nice. They catered to what the public wanted now and they were really upgraded.

Questions about The Manor

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Manor consists of residents 55 & older, who are active & independent. You can find them enjoying our activities like Bridge Group, Lunch Bunch, Exercise Class, Wine & Cheese Socials, Activity Trips, & Art Classes!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Manor residents enjoy easy access to Pineville Park, Carolina Place Mall, South Park Mall, Lake Wylie, Uptown Charlotte (museums, Ballgames, Trolley Ride, Johnson & Wales, Tyvola Senior Center, Flea Markets, Blumenthal Performing Arts, Belk Theatre, Ovens Auditorium), Nascar & Billy Graham Library to name a few!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Manor has organized?

We're very busy at The Manor! Our residents have recently gone on trips to Billy Graham Library, Charlotte Premium Outlet, Knights Ballgame, Harrah’s Casino, various restaurants each month & The Woodmill Winery.

What transportation services does The Manor offer to independent living residents?

Our bus provides transportation to Grocery Stores, Banks, Walmart, and various trips to run errands. We also assist in getting Lyft transportation through our front desk concierge.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The choice is yours! We offer ala carte food choices or several different meal plans to choose! We also offer free delivery to your home nightly should you choose to dine-in.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents can enjoy access to our Fitness Room, Library, Billiards Room, Parlor, Club Room, Computer Lab, Styling Salon & Day Spa, 24-hour Gift Shop & Market Pantry.

What safety features or security measures does The Manor offer to independent living residents?

Residents can only enter by using a secure code and/or a FOB key. We also have a 24-hour front desk staff.

If The Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

There are several outdoor courtyards that are pet-friendly. We also offer a daily yappy hour where residents and their pets can socialize together.

Does The Manor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. Bayada Home Health Care, ATR Physical Therapy as well as numerous third-party companies such as Doctors Making House Calls, Visiting Angels and pharmacy delivery companies.

Costs for The Manor

Photos of The Manor

Services and Amenities of The Manor

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Independent Living Starting At: $2000/month

• About The Manor

Massive apartments with luxury fixtures, granite counter tops, plenty of storage and the friendliest neighbors.

At The Manor, we make a promise to all of our residents to provide a secure environment filled with hospitality. Our goal is to enrich lives by providing opportunities for residents thrive within their community. But above all, we promise to respect our residents, their individuality and their independent lifestyle.

Don’t call us a retirement community. Why? Because to retire means “to withdraw or seek seclusion”. At The Manor, our residents enjoy a vibrant campus with a hearty activities calendar offering up daily opportunities to do what they love, try something new or teach what they’ve mastered …all they have to do is open their front door!

Visiting doctors, onsite dining, beauty salon, amenity rooms and more that are available to residents only when they want or need to use our services. You don't pay for services you don't want or need which makes the Manor so unique.

Map of The Manor