The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

Reviews of The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

May 27, 2015

By Patti23

My mom is in the Dorchester. It is not dirty, but it can be cleaner. It is friendly and nice. It has an active atmosphere. She has a two-bedroom that has living room and full kitchen. She has two bathrooms; one of them is a walk-in shower, and the other one's a tub, which are both great. The activities are good. They have cards and bingo. I have not eaten there, and my mother doesn't seems to be too interested in the food.

February 20, 2015

By Tammy18

The Dorchester is the closest facility to my brother. I don't think this facility is the best. They just provide three meals a day but not on weekends. As for scheduled activities, they have arts and crafts and things like that. I would probably give them 3 stars on cleanliness. They don't clean the rooms. They don't have a paid service there. My parents have to clean their own room. Things that my parents can't do like scrubbing the bathtub I have to go there and do that for them. They are probably a mile away from the nearest hospital, and they are very close to a grocery store and a pharmacy. I think that they need more activities for the residents. I think they need to improve the cleanliness of the place.

October 24, 2014

I think The Dorchester was a very nice facility, and it’s really clean. The personnel were extremely friendly, very cooperative, and the staff answers all our questions.

August 27, 2014

The Dorchester is a very active retirement community. They have a bus service that takes them shopping. They have movie night two to three times a week. They play Bingo. They have exercises Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They have two libraries and an art center. There are computers where they have computer classes. They have events. We had a luau this summer and there's a cookout where they're going to be serving hot dogs and stuff. It's out in the yard, so there are different recreational things that they offer. They have church service every other Sunday. They have choir practice for those that want to join the choir. They have a doctor that comes every Friday to visit and take care of them. They have a huge great room where they have all the different activities. It's a good-sized community for people. Her apartment is about 700 sq.ft. She has a one-bedroom unit with a kitchen, a full size refrigerator, and a full-size range. Electricity and water are included and she pays $700 or $800. They have a restaurant onsite and if they want to eat there, they have to make reservations and they are charged accordingly. Other than that, they cook their own meals. Those who can afford it will just go every night, but it's just dinner. They don't serve breakfast. Lunch is just soup and a sandwich.

March 20, 2014

Dorchester was nice. Probably not the fanciest place, but it's really reasonable based upon the rate, and I like the location. They have transportation, activities, like exercise and card games. The rooms are adequate, but the kitchen is small. Mom tried the food and she rated it as fair. To be honest, we had a problem. It was told to us in the beginning, and we didn't have this in writing in the lease, that if my mom didn't like the place that we would be given our money back. They didn't do that.

October 09, 2013

By Karen66111450

My mother-in-law is living at The Dorchester in Pineville. Since a new company has come in to take over the services, she seems to be more comfortable and she is more relaxed with them. The whole problem was she didn't want anybody around but they've won her over. We're doing good right now. The building is in great shape. We researched the area and went to many retirement communities and found that this was probably the most relaxing, best-kept apartments. It's very secure there, too. They do have a very nice dining room and she is pleased with the food. There are a lot of card games and other activities that she can do right inside the building. There is even physical therapy there.

October 04, 2013

By Caring69196750

The Dorchester is in a great location. They did have a bus that can take you to places where you need to go but you have to pay a fee. Regarding activities, they did have swimming classes. They have a recreational room for their residents. With regards to your laundry needs, you can either take your laundry to one of their laundry facilities or you can pay a certain fee, extra each month, and you can use the washer-dryer in your room. I thought their rooms were of nice size and look comfortable. They also have a nice dining room. However, in this place, you have to pay for each individual meal.

September 16, 2013

By Mae1

I find so much peace at the Dorchester and love feeling a part of one big family. I am busy everyday but one during the week and that day I go to Physical Therapy that is right down the hall from my apartment. Everything is so convenient for me.

September 16, 2013

By Elena2

I have been living at The Dorchester for nine years and love it. There is something here for everyone from exercise to trips. The staff is very friendly and understanding.” Would not think of living anywhere else.

August 08, 2013

By Joan20

I like everything about the Dorchester. Friendly people, fantastic meals in the Magnolia Dining Room and lots to keep me busy. The big events are great. We can listen to music and dance which I enjoy greatly.

August 08, 2013

By Sarah17

Making friends has been so easy for me at the Dorchester. Everyone looks out for each other and tries to make sure you are invited to all the activities. There is so much to keep me busy some days it is hard to make up my mind where I want to go. I love my new apartment!

June 29, 2013

By Bob32

We visited The Dorchester for my mother and it was a totally different kind of facility. It was much more spread out and it would have been a lot longer walk for my mother. It would have been different for her. However, the rooms were bigger and the halls were bigger. The staff were all fine too.

Questions about The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Dorchester Independent Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Dorchester consists of residents 55 & older, who are active & independent. You can find them enjoying our activities like Bridge Group, Lunch Bunch, Exercise Class, Wine & Cheese Socials, Activity Trips, & Art Classes!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Dorchester residents enjoy easy access to Pineville Park, Carolina Place Mall, South Park Mall, Lake Wylie, Uptown Charlotte (museums, Ballgames, Trolley Ride, Johnson & Wales, Tyvola Senior Center, Flea Markets, Blumenthal Performing Arts, Belk Theatre, Ovens Auditorium), Nascar & Billy Graham Library to name a few!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Dorchester Independent Senior Living has organized?

We're very busy at The Dorchester! Our residents have gone on trips to Billy Graham Library, Charlotte Premium Outlet, Knights Ballgame, Harrah’s Casino, various restaurants each month & The Woodmill Winery.

What transportation services does The Dorchester Independent Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Our bus provides transportation to Grocery Stores, Banks, Walmart, and various trips for shopping. We also assist in getting Lyft transportation through our front desk concierge.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Dorchester Independent Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The choice is yours! We offer ala carte food choices or several different meals plans to choose from! We also offer free delivery to your home nightly should you choose to dine-in.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents can enjoy access to our Fitness Room, Libraries, Billiards Room, Parlor, Club Room, Computer Lab, Styling Salon, Activity Arts & Crafts room, Courtyard with Gazebo, and 24-hour Market Pantry.

What safety features or security measures does The Dorchester Independent Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Residents can only enter by using a secure code and/or a FOB key. We also have a 24-hour front desk staff.

If The Dorchester Independent Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

There are several outdoor courtyards that are pet-friendly. We also offer a daily Yappy Hour where residents and their pets can socialize together.

Does The Dorchester Independent Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. Bayada Home Health Care, ATR Physical Therapy as well as numerous third-party companies such as Doctors Making House Calls, Visiting Angels, and pharmacy delivery companies.

Costs for The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

Cost of Senior Apartments

Photos of The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

Services and Amenities of The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

• Senior Apartments Starting At: $1280/month

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: All Rent Includes Electric, Water, Trash Removal, Secured Access, Cable & Wi Fi, Amenity Rooms, Event Calendar & 24/7 Front Desk Staff!

• Dining Extra: If You Choose To Dine With Us Regularly, Residents Are Encouraged To Join The Dining Club & Save Money! With 3 Options To Choose From, You’re Sure To Find One That Suits Your Needs! Each Option Comes With A Bonus Credit That Rolls Over Each Month. The Dining Club Is Automatically Billed And Sent With Your Rent Statements. If It Is More Convenient, Pay By Cash, Check Or Credit Card At The Dining Room. The Dining Club Can Be Used Month To Month. If You Sign Up And Do Not Feel It’s A Good Fit, Opt Out Of Any Month! Or Rejoin If You Notice You’re Dining More Often!The Dining Room Is Open Seven Days A Week For Lunch. Dinner Is Available Monday Friday Only. Breakfast Is Available For Delivery Monday Friday Only. Lunch Is Served à La Carte And Consists Of Soups, Sandwiches And Made To Order Items. All Residents Receive A Monthly Dinner Calendar At The Beginning Of Each Month So They Can Plan Ahead On When To Cook In Or Eat Out. Residents Can Also Enjoy Themed Meals & Celebratory Holiday Events & Promotions In The Dining Room.

• Features Extra: Off Street Parking, Recreation Room, Public Transportation, On Site Management, On Site Maintenance, Package Receiving, Library, Housekeeping, High Speed Internet, Free Weights, Group Exercise, Courtyard,Elevator, Business Center Availability, 24 Hours Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities, Meal Service, Guest Suite

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra: No

• Nurse On Staff: No

• Activities Extra: Resident Interest Groups, Resident Birthday, Gatherings, Wine & Cheese Socials, Holiday Gatherings, Spring Fling, Mother's Day Brunch, Father's Day Dinner, Coffee Klatch, Annual Luau, Farmer's Market, Thanksgiving Feast, Winter Holiday Extravaganza, Special Field Trips

• Diet Extra: No

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: No

About The Dorchester Independent Senior Living

thedorchestercharlotte.com

Welcome to The Dorchester

Affordable living for active 55+ independent seniors at The Dorchester in Pineville, North Carolina! Centrally located between Charlotte, Ballantyne & Fort Mill, The Dorchester was designed for seniors who value lifestyle choices, community amenities, in-home services & plenty of activities to keep you busy! All services & dining are a la carte, so you only pay for what you use!

All rent includes electric, water, trash removal, secured access, cable & Wi-Fi, amenity rooms, event calendar & 24/7 front desk staff!

Our beautiful property offers you quality living and makes you feel at home!

Apartment AmenitiesWindow Coverings
  • Air Conditioner
  • Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator
  • Extra Storage

The Manor is a community that focuses on residents' well-being above all else. As such, our community offers a list of services available to residents should they need a little extra help from time to time. We offer in-home doctor's visits, on-site physical therapy, friendly faces to run errands, housekeeping and much more! The best part? You only pay for the services you use.

At The Dorchester, you won’t need to leave home to find a variety of dining options. Meals are served restaurant-style, by staff who know & care for you, à la carte style. You only pay for what you want! Residents can enjoy sitting with friends or inviting family members to dine for special occasions!

Map of The Dorchester Independent Senior Living