The Dorchester

The Dorchester (844) 334-3818

Reviews of The Dorchester

Independent Living Reviews for The Dorchester

March 20, 2014

Dorchester was nice. Probably not the fanciest place, but it's really reasonable based upon the rate, and I like the location. They have transportation, activities, like exercise and card games. The rooms are adequate, but the kitchen is small. Mom tried the food and she rated it as fair. To be honest, we had a problem. It was told to us in the beginning, and we didn't have this in writing in the lease, that if my mom didn't like the place that we would be given our money back. They didn't do that.

October 09, 2013

By Karen66111450

My mother-in-law is living at The Dorchester in Pineville. Since a new company has come in to take over the services, she seems to be more comfortable and she is more relaxed with them. The whole problem was she didn't want anybody around but they've won her over. We're doing good right now. The building is in great shape. We researched the area and went to many retirement communities and found that this was probably the most relaxing, best-kept apartments. It's very secure there, too. They do have a very nice dining room and she is pleased with the food. There are a lot of card games and other activities that she can do right inside the building. There is even physical therapy there.

October 04, 2013

By Caring69196750

The Dorchester is in a great location. They did have a bus that can take you to places where you need to go but you have to pay a fee. Regarding activities, they did have swimming classes. They have a recreational room for their residents. With regards to your laundry needs, you can either take your laundry to one of their laundry facilities or you can pay a certain fee, extra each month, and you can use the washer-dryer in your room. I thought their rooms were of nice size and look comfortable. They also have a nice dining room. However, in this place, you have to pay for each individual meal.

September 16, 2013

By Mae1

I find so much peace at the Dorchester and love feeling a part of one big family. I am busy everyday but one during the week and that day I go to Physical Therapy that is right down the hall from my apartment. Everything is so convenient for me.

September 16, 2013

By Elena2

I have been living at The Dorchester for nine years and love it. There is something here for everyone from exercise to trips. The staff is very friendly and understanding.” Would not think of living anywhere else.

August 08, 2013

By Joan20

I like everything about the Dorchester. Friendly people, fantastic meals in the Magnolia Dining Room and lots to keep me busy. The big events are great. We can listen to music and dance which I enjoy greatly.

August 08, 2013

By Sarah17

Making friends has been so easy for me at the Dorchester. Everyone looks out for each other and tries to make sure you are invited to all the activities. There is so much to keep me busy some days it is hard to make up my mind where I want to go. I love my new apartment!

June 29, 2013

By Bob32

We visited The Dorchester for my mother and it was a totally different kind of facility. It was much more spread out and it would have been a lot longer walk for my mother. It would have been different for her. However, the rooms were bigger and the halls were bigger. The staff were all fine too.

Costs for The Dorchester

Photos of The Dorchester

Services and Amenities of The Dorchester

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Vegetarian

• About The Dorchester

Moving to a Independent Living Community should be about enjoying more freedom, not losing it. About exploring more opportunities, not limitations. About living as you plan, not as someone else has planned your day.

At The Dorchester, you'll find all the amenities you will need, and choose to pay for only those you want --as you need them. Here you'll live among interesting, like-minded friends on a lively campus and in a place you'll be proud to call your own.

Custom home quality, gracious grounds, gatherings and parties, an Ambassador of Fun, trips and travel…you'll find a host of built-in advantages to living at The Dorchester. Add to them á la carte services like maid and handyman services, transportation, concierge, bill pay, on campus dining and 24-hour monitoring. You won't find a better value for your investment.

At The Dorchester you'll find light and airy floor plans, fabulous shared spaces, beautiful libraries, and an elegant Meeting Room with 14-foot ceilings.

Enjoy daily group activities, workout in the exercise room, practice your short putts, your line dancing, even enjoy a meal prepared by our chef. The Dorchester is designed with your active life in mind.

"Our mission is for our residents to feel that moving to our community was not just a wise decision but an improvement to their lives."

Sure, big companies can build apartments for seniors but in doing so, they begin to think of what matters instead of who matters. We pride ourselves on being a small company that does big things and we know who matters, our residents.

The Dorchester, located in the Village at Carolina Place, Charlotte's largest retirement community, was built upon three pillars: health, happiness & economic well-being. Owned and operated by New Forum, The Dorchester has thrived upon these pillars since opening its doors in 2000.

At The Dorchester, we make a promise to all of our residents to provide a secure environment where the warmth of hospitality surrounds them. Our goal is to enrich lives every day by providing opportunities for residents to participate, to enjoy and to thrive within their community. But above all, we promise to respect our residents, their individuality and their independent lifestyle.

At The Dorchester, we don't tell you about successful aging, we help you be successful at aging. The Dorchester is more than a place to live; it is a way of life.

• 24/hr On-Site Caring Professional Staff
    • Full Time Activities Director
    • Emergency Call Device in Every Room
    • Scheduled Local Transportation
    • On-Site Dining Room with Professional Chef
    • On-Site Doctors Offices
    • Prime Charlotte Location - less than two minutes from shopping, dining, hospital, & entertainment
    • Pet Friendly