Willow Grove

Offers Independent Living

10043 Idlewild Rd, Matthews, NC 28105
Willow Grove (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 28 days

Free-rent to kick-off 2021. When a resident signs and takes possession by Dec 31st, they will receive Dec and Jan rent free!

Reviews of Willow Grove

Independent Living Reviews for Willow Grove

October 30, 2015

By Susan B.

I visited Willow Grove for my grandmother. It was very nice. It was up-to-date. It was very modern and elegant-looking for the dining room. We had a meal for lunch. It wasn't just one set entrée. You had a choice of several entrées and vegetables. Everybody was very personable. The managers who took us around to show us the different styles and size of rooms were very pleasant, friendly, and answered our questions. I was very impressed, but I just don't know if my relative's long-term care will be accepted there because it is more of a retirement community than assisted living. What my relative needs more than anything is socialization, and they have wonderful activities on a daily basis. They have a big calendar in their elevator that says all their activities. They have some exercise classes, arts and crafts, and bingo. They have travel vans that will take them out to different things and take them to appointments if you put them down on a schedule they had. Also, the rooms were very roomy in comparison to one that I looked at.

September 10, 2014

By Judy94045350

I am currently in Willow Grove and they do have their own apartment. I am in a one-bedroom unit, but they have two-bedroom units. It’s a three-story building and my only regret is that I’m on the third floor and they only have one elevator that’s in the middle of the building. They did provide three meals a day in the dining room and the food is Southern cooking which I’m not used to, but it’s not bad. The staff was very good and they all worked together to look after the residents. There are certain activities during the day like card games, Bingo, and field trips. They have people come in and sing or entertain the residents. I’m happy with what I have now.

June 27, 2014

I'm in what they call a garden creek. It's all together. I didn’t want more than that. The staff is super nice. The activities and the activity director are just fine.

October 09, 2013

By ruthe5

The facility looked lovely. Have not eaten there so can't review their kitchen.

August 26, 2013

I've been staying at Willow Grove for three years now. My two daughters have chosen this place for me. It's very close to my second daughter. It's one of the smaller facilities. I have a two bedroom that I locked into at the same price as a one-bedroom. I have osteoporosis and I broke my spine by a fall, so I'm stuck here for the time being. We have three chef-prepared meals a day, and there's usually a second choice. They do pretty well, breakfast is the best. The staff is very agreeable. I have my cats; they allow pets and that's really nice.

May 31, 2013

By caring0524213

I'm looking for a community for my parents and I've visited Willow Grove. It was an excellent place. It was new and clean. The staff was professional. The food was excellent.

Costs for Willow Grove

Photos of Willow Grove

Services and Amenities of Willow Grove

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Willow Grove

Willow Grove is located in Matthews, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Willow Grove for a visit...and stay!

Map of Willow Grove