Willow Grove

Offers Independent Living

10043 Idlewild Rd, Matthews, NC 28105
Willow Grove (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 7 days

$500.00 Off the First Three Months of Rent! ($500 off applies to August, September, and October rent). Must have a sign and physical move-in by July 31, 2021.

Reviews of Willow Grove

Independent Living Reviews for Willow Grove

March 21, 2018

By LS

My mom was in Willow Grove, and it was wonderful. The only thing they need to work on is their bus because when they take their trips, something always happens to it. Other than that, the place was beautiful. They should change the cook because the food was so bland, and the hallways could have been neater. The people were so warm and welcoming, and the staff was absolutely wonderful, on top of the people who reside there, and kind to my mother.

June 15, 2017

By SJV

I posted a review regarding Willow Grove and apparently has been removed. My mother lived there over two years. This past January (2017) we moved her to another place. This was due to changes not for the better. The housekeeping was deplorable , menu never accurate or they ran out of what was on the menu. Administration put in to place " new rules" as to snacks, drinks carried to residents rooms and even where in the lobby ( which is supposed to be living area) that residents could sit! When management was no longer on site evenings and nights, safety was a concern. Best decision ever when we moved her.

Hello SJV, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I'm very disappointed to receive this feedback, I'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing it with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all our seniors and their families. Anytime a resident or their family member feels otherwise, or expresses that we've fallen short of achieving that goal, is a time for us to reflect on how we can better improve, and connect with you to gather any additional feedback that you may wish to share. We value your feedback, and invite you to reach out directly via phone at 800-370-8331, or email at resident.relations@holidaytouch.com.-Katie

May 03, 2017

By Michelle854831

The staff at Willow Grove was pleasant. The residents and the support services that they offered were very helpful. The apartment units were up-to-date and comparable to what we were looking for.

December 29, 2015

By jules6

Excellent facility. Clean and very personable.

October 30, 2015

By Susan B.

I visited Willow Grove for my grandmother. It was very nice. It was up-to-date. It was very modern and elegant-looking for the dining room. We had a meal for lunch. It wasn't just one set entrée. You had a choice of several entrées and vegetables. Everybody was very personable. The managers who took us around to show us the different styles and size of rooms were very pleasant, friendly, and answered our questions. I was very impressed, but I just don't know if my relative's long-term care will be accepted there because it is more of a retirement community than assisted living. What my relative needs more than anything is socialization, and they have wonderful activities on a daily basis. They have a big calendar in their elevator that says all their activities. They have some exercise classes, arts and crafts, and bingo. They have travel vans that will take them out to different things and take them to appointments if you put them down on a schedule they had. Also, the rooms were very roomy in comparison to one that I looked at.

September 10, 2014

By Judy94045350

I am currently in Willow Grove and they do have their own apartment. I am in a one-bedroom unit, but they have two-bedroom units. It’s a three-story building and my only regret is that I’m on the third floor and they only have one elevator that’s in the middle of the building. They did provide three meals a day in the dining room and the food is Southern cooking which I’m not used to, but it’s not bad. The staff was very good and they all worked together to look after the residents. There are certain activities during the day like card games, Bingo, and field trips. They have people come in and sing or entertain the residents. I’m happy with what I have now.

June 27, 2014

I'm in what they call a garden creek. It's all together. I didn’t want more than that. The staff is super nice. The activities and the activity director are just fine.

October 09, 2013

By ruthe5

The facility looked lovely. Have not eaten there so can't review their kitchen.

August 26, 2013

I've been staying at Willow Grove for three years now. My two daughters have chosen this place for me. It's very close to my second daughter. It's one of the smaller facilities. I have a two bedroom that I locked into at the same price as a one-bedroom. I have osteoporosis and I broke my spine by a fall, so I'm stuck here for the time being. We have three chef-prepared meals a day, and there's usually a second choice. They do pretty well, breakfast is the best. The staff is very agreeable. I have my cats; they allow pets and that's really nice.

May 31, 2013

By caring0524213

I'm looking for a community for my parents and I've visited Willow Grove. It was an excellent place. It was new and clean. The staff was professional. The food was excellent.

Costs for Willow Grove

Photos of Willow Grove

Services and Amenities of Willow Grove

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Willow Grove

Willow Grove is located in Matthews, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Willow Grove for a visit...and stay!

Map of Willow Grove