Royal Park Of Mathews

Reviews of Royal Park Of Mathews

Nursing Home Reviews for Royal Park Of Mathews

April 04, 2019

By doglover43

I cannot say enough great things about this facility! It is always clean, bright and filled with kind staff members when I visit. I have seen the therapy team do outstanding work with patients and their family members. My family member was here for short term rehab after an injury and I could not have been happier with her care! The team really made sure my aunt was receiving the right therapy needed to be able to return home independently. They even have their own home health that they were able to send her home with to continue making sure she was progressing successfully towards her goals. I am forever thankful for the staff at Royal Park for making such a difference. If you are looking for a great facility I highly recommend going to tour the facility and seeing all of the amazing things they have to offer! Thank you!

April 03, 2019

By Sumx

I visit my grandmother at this facility everyday. Everyone is always happy and friendly as soon as I walk in the door. The staff is always very helpful and when I stay for lunch and order a lunch tray the food has always been good. I would highly recommend this facility my grandmother is very happy and has made many friends with other residents and families.

August 02, 2018

By Teresa Clanton

My brother-in-law just left Royal Park Rehab, I was amazed how clean, organized, the best staff I have ever witnessed in a rehab or nursing facility. The staff were so kind and personable! Every person from the care staff to the office personnel all felt like family. One lady named Tamera was amazing, it takes a special person to do her job and she is that special person. I certainly hope they pay her well because she cannot be replaced, she is a rare breed treating all patients with dignity, laughter, and kindness. The place was very clean and never smelled, someone cleaning all the time! The only complaint is the food, but when patients are on strict food diets the food cannot have salt and the diet is very bland, and medications can change the taste buds, maybe could work on the food a little better for taste and keeping the food warmer! The rooms are fantastic , very large, clean and the bathrooms are very large and clean as well! I have absolutely zero complaints I wish all rehabs and nursing homes taught bedside manner, past experience in other places it is obvious that some of the staff do not want to be there they were rude, never smile, and not gentle with patients. if they do not like their jobs they need to seek employment else where. The patient and families are dealing with so much grief, worry, and uncertainties and a good staff is priority being compassionate/kind these places are paid graciously for their services... no excuses! Thank you Royal Park

May 01, 2018

By Nancy Stewart

I'm always impressed when I visit Royal Park. My aunt was a patient there and the rehab was phenomenal. She was barely able to sit on the side of the bed when she admitted, but after four weeks she was able to return to her home alone. I couldn't believe the progress she made in such a short time. A family friend lives at the facility as a long term care patient so I have visited both sections of the building. I've been in several nursing homes over the years and I usually dread going to the long term care side because it is such a sad place, but not at Royal Park. The sitting area is very bright with a ton of windows and natural light. The patients are always neatly dressed and well-groomed. Even the patients who obviously can't do anything for themselves look nice. There is no doubt that the staff cares about the patients. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for care for a loved one, especially for rehabilitation.

May 01, 2018

By pemapexx

I took a tour of this facility a few days ago and the building is beautiful! It's very different than most nursing homes I've been in or toured. It feels uplifting and bright and has an overall positive atmosphere, and you're welcomed as soon as you come in. The staff was very friendly and they were all smiles, from management to the nursing staff. Nurses and their aides seemed very attentive and patient to resident needs. During the tour, the activities department was painting some of the residents nails and that was awesome. My grandma is very serious about getting her nails done! The person taking me on the tour said they have a beautician that comes in twice a week too!! She'll love that. I also saw some residents gathered around a table laughing and playing scrabble. That was really nice to see as well. Plus the rooms are a great size!! So excited about getting her into Royal Park.

April 09, 2018

By AWJ1998

This facility is beautiful and the staff is amazing! The therapy department does a FANTASTIC job and got my loved one back on her feet right away! Really impressed! I would highly recommend this facility! A+++ GMA said food was good, especially the fried fish.

December 05, 2017

By WJF

My mother was there for a few weeks. I would not recommend this facility. Night staff ignores the call bell, they leave patients laying in bed in pain for hours, the food is always cold and never what the patient request. Management does nothing when you share your concerns. Terrible place due to staff!

August 27, 2017

By Diane

My husband was at Royal Park of Mathews for hospice. They were very receptive and do an excellent job. They have excellent and very supportive staff.

August 11, 2017

By fffff

dddBeware or nighttime care at this facility. My 86 year old mom entered Royal Park for rehab after back surgery. At the time of this writing, she has been there 9 days. For 4 of those days, she began requesting pain medication around 1 am and got NO response until 5 or 6 am. She would sit on the side of the bed crying for several hours, unable to reach anyone at the facility via the call button. After a few days of this, mom began writing down each time she pressed the call button (requests for assistance via the call button apparently are not recorded in the patient's chart). Since she had not been cleared to walk on her own, she could not walk down to the nurses station to get help. Two days ago, after calling for pain medication thru the night, the nurse finally arrived with medication at approximately 6:30 am. Then, at 8:30 am she was given her regularly scheduled pain medication by a nurse unaware that pain medication was just administered. The overdose of pain medication resulted in slurred speech, lack of balance, and incoherent thinking. On the same day of the overdose, our family was to have a Care Plan meeting with the staff of Royal Park to discuss mom's progress. I called the director of the facility and requested he attend our meeting to discuss deficiencies of nighttime care. He did not attend and did not return my call. The Care Plan meeting was attended by the Rehab Director, the Discharge Director, and the Nursing Manager. When I relayed my concerns to the Nursing Manager and asked to discuss this with the night supervisor, he told me "there is no nighttime supervisor." I then requested he ask the Director of Nursing to call me when she returned from vacation the next day and was assured by him that she would call me today. She did not call. Anyone with a friend or loved one in this facility needs to closely monitor nighttime care.

April 05, 2017

By abouttime

Change was good and needed can't believe it took so long. Now that mark is gone the staff have such great personality. Howard and Maddie are building a solid team and have given back autonomy to the old time managers. Keep going forward. Keep listening the change is great! The patients look happy.

March 28, 2017

By betterplace

SHOUT OUT! I just wanted to give Howard, the new administrator at #royalparkrehabofmatthewsnc a public "THANK YOU" for all your hard work and dedication to making the facility a place the long term residence can call home! Still work to be done but every single day my mom and I are seeing the hard work you are putting into this task and we applaud you! ????????????????????????

March 24, 2017

By pattyjm

I recently had a family member at Royal Park for care after breaking their hip. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. The rehab department was wonderful and nurses were top notch. The entire staff including management were very friendly and accommodating. Not 100% happy with the food but that's not what we were there for. I laugh at the families who are so critical yet can not care for their loved ones themselves. Give the staff a break. They work hard for little pay and love what they do. Our family is proof.

November 06, 2016

By Erey

I visit my mom often I see nice changes taking place Def would recommend. Nice facility

October 30, 2016

By elaine R

I visited a relative of mine this past Friday that I had not seen for several weeks. Atmosphere is very different in a positive way. Apparently there is a new "Sheriff" in town (Administrator). I met him...he is very nice. Moral is much improved since my last visit. I would definitely recommend facility. Great rehab! I am in the medical profession.

August 02, 2016

By Coreystac

I am appalled that "false fake menues" are posted. I have a family member there that NEVER gets her desired marked menus. I commented to her that the menus posted outside nurses station looked good and both she and her roommate laughed and said that menus was for show. This is a shame. These people pay to get fed and should be properly.And they should be offered and brought coffee WHEN they request it. These people are in the final stages of their lives and they should be treated with respect. My loved one is 88 and her mind is excellent.

June 24, 2015

By GCollins

This place is so awful! Don't let the new building fool you. I would come to visit my mother every day and witnessed the horrible "care" these patients were getting. They were not giving my mother her medications as prescribed which caused her ailment to get worse. The administrator is a joke! He could not have seemed more disinterested in my concerns. He also made a snide remark about how understaffed they were, as if it was a joke. All in all, stay clear of this facility!

March 31, 2015

By Coleen4

The care at Royal Park was awful. I contacted the state of North Carolina. I was appalled. They did not tell me my husband had MRSA. I came in on a Sunday, and he was so sick he could hardly hold his head up; they didn’t even take care of him. I think they were more interested in collecting their money. They actually billed me for days he wasn’t even there and he was back in the hospital. He was still sick one day he couldn’t do anything and they billed me for physical therapy; he didn’t go to physical therapy. The staff was absolutely horrible. Again when I came in on that Sunday, my husband had white chalky stuff running down his mouth. I had no idea what it was. I found a nurse and she said she gave him two Tylenol; I said ‘Did you check to see if he even swallowed it?’ which he hadn’t. It was just sitting in his mouth. They took such poor care of him, they tried to convince him he was incontinent. The problem was that he would ring, and it wouldn’t come for fifteen minutes. It was a horrible experience. I would tell people to check out other facilities; there are much better facilities around.

Services and Amenities of Royal Park Of Mathews

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Royal Park Of Mathews

Royal Park Of Mathews is a senior living provider in Matthews, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Royal Park Of Mathews for more details on services and rates.

Map of Royal Park Of Mathews