The Stratford

Reviews of The Stratford

Independent Living Reviews for The Stratford

July 27, 2016

By Carol806884

My dad is at The Stratford. It's absolutely fantastic. They serve him three fabulous meals a day and have housekeeping that comes once a week. It's very pretty and spacious. He has a one-bedroom apartment with a living room, a full-sized refrigerator, cabinet, and stuff in the kitchen area. It's just very nice. The dining room is absolutely beautiful, and the food is delicious. They have a regulation pool table that's on the premises, bingo, arts and crafts, singers coming in to sing, and a little store once a week that you can go and buy things like toiletry items, cookies, or washing detergent. There are washers and dryers on each floor for free, and it's just fabulous. Today, my dad had shrimp, sweet potatoes, and coleslaw. They have a wonderful lunch.

July 07, 2016

By Linda578087

My parent is living in The Stratford at High Point right now. Everything is fine, clean, and nice. She loves it. They’re really great people. I would give them an A-plus. We don’t have any problems with them.

June 28, 2016

By Ann101083

There was nothing that we did not like at The Stratford. The only concern I had was that my aunt was 93, and it was independent living. If she got to the point where she could not look after herself, I would have to move her to another facility, and I did not want to do that. They showed me the apartment, which was empty and had a bedroom, a sitting area, and a bathroom. It was just a small apartment. I thought she would be more comfortable in a two-bedroom unit or a companion suite because she no longer liked to be by herself, but a bedroom by herself would give her a little privacy. The place was very clean. They offered everything I thought any senior would be looking for.

By CharlotteLTDOK

I liked everything about The Stratford. The apartments were bigger, and I could have my little dog. Some of the apartments opened up to the outside with a little place where you could sit outside your room. The staff was great. They had an exercise room, all kinds of crafts, day trips, and things liked that.

By GL

The Stratford was okay. They took us around and showed us all the facilities and what they had to offer. The rooms were large. The staff were courteous but they didn't really inform us about the CIF which I didn't exactly know what that was for. The dining area was nice. The chairs seemed to roll away from mom but she has gotten used to it. The only complaint she had was it takes so long for them to get her food. There are usually two choices for the meal and there's more food than mom can eat. They have a library, a chapel, an exercise room, and they have places outside for the residents to walk. They also allow service dogs and small pets. They have activities everyday, some days it's bingo. Overall, I was pleased with it, and mom likes this place better.

By ReneeSYJRV

The Stratford is very lovely and beautiful inside and out. The staff were good. Mom has a studio apartment which is pretty small, but compared to the others we looked at, it's very nice. There's a step to get in and out of the shower and three pull cords in the room: one by the bed, one by the sink, and one in the bathroom. She has a back door going to her garden, and I find that to be very good because more light and air can come in. The dining room looks very nice. They can improve the options for the food and speed up the process of serving them. Overall, it is a very nice place. They also have a pond with ducks and geese.

December 30, 2015

By Susan118256750

The Stratford was gorgeous. It was really nice. If I had the money, I would move in there. The rooms were very nice. I was really impressed. They had three meals a day. There were plenty of activities there. Food was good, and there were different varieties of food. They would clean the rooms for the people. There’s a laundry right there for them to do their own laundry without charge for it. They have buses that will take them wherever they need to go.

May 28, 2015

By Debbie107280450

We went to The Stratford. It was very great. They were very intelligent and very knowledgeable, and they answered any questions that we had. The apartments were very nice. It had enough room. The one that we stayed in was really too big for us, but it was very nice and clean, and there we no sign of bug or nothing like that. We were not able to go to any of the activities because my husband was having a pacemaker and a defibrillator put back in. However, the food was very good. You had different choices. If you didn't like what they were serving, they had 2 choices that you could choose from.

August 06, 2014

The Stratford was beautiful. The apartment was very nice. They had a dining area and it was beautiful. The place was immaculate. The staff we met were very nice and friendly. Actually, I was thinking moving there with my husband. Yes, I would recommend them because they were very accommodating and because the facilities were beautiful and everyone seemed very friendly.

September 26, 2013

I chose to visit The Stratford mainly because I want to be in the area close to High Point. I'm used to living in a country or in a small town with not a lot of traffic. It is also near some of my relatives who live there. The Stratford is a very nice facility. I like its location. There's a good restaurant nearby, and since I like a good restaurant, that's a good point for me. The staff was very helpful in trying to answer any questions I had. I like the efficiency apartment that we looked at. It was on the second floor and it had a nice balcony. The windows appeared to be larger than it actually was. I really liked that! Some of the rooms were not as roomy as this one. With regards to food that they serve for their residents, they have heavy meals at lunch and light meals at supper. I went there to have a supper one night and it was good but only to a point. I won't be satisfied with it if it were like that on a daily basis.

August 27, 2013

By Caring High

The Stratford was very nice and looked very clean when I toured it. The staff was very helpful. They seemed to have a lot of things going on. Every week, they have something different for the residents. That's good because it keeps them busy. The rent also includes three meals a day.

April 11, 2013

My dad has been at The Stratford for a couple of weeks now. He has a small apartment but it's in good condition. The place is nice, clean and lovely. The staff is terrific.

December 07, 2012

By Claudia 1

The Stratford is a very nice facility. The rooms are nice and accommodating for any guests. They offer meals, some cleaning of your apartment, and transportation.

Costs for The Stratford

Photos of The Stratford

Services and Amenities of The Stratford

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About The Stratford

The Stratford is located in High Point, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Stratford for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Stratford