The Stratford

Reviews of The Stratford

Independent Living Reviews for The Stratford

January 07, 2020

By ReviewerJan5

I like The Stratford. They had a lot of activities, a live band in the lobby playing music, Christmas party, people doing crafts, refreshment, and games. It was a very nice and active community. Their apartments were very large and had a nice layout. The only problem was the pretty bad fog situation with the windows, but they said they will all be getting those windows replaced in 2020. The staff was great. They had a nice dining area, and they had little snacks available. The residents seemed very nice. They had some peeling wallpaper and it's a little outdated, but it was clean.

July 09, 2019

By Michelle

The Stratford is a wonderful place, but it's independent living so it is a completely different ballgame. Nevertheless, the staff member gave me a full tour. The rooms were more like an apartment. It would definitely make somebody feel like they are living a normal life. The lady who gave me the tour was great. She spent a lot of time with me. The place seemed to be well taken care of, and it looked like an enjoyable place to live.

Thank you for stopping by Michelle. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

May 17, 2019

By George

The Stratford was a little older facility. The room was nice, but the prices were a little steep. The food was not too good to begin with, but it never got any better. The only thing mom would eat was a salad and sometimes the chicken. She just didn't like the food. The manager was really nice, although they never seemed to keep one very long. They rotated in and out pretty fast. The last one was a nice guy except he acted like he really cared about people, but he never went to help anybody. He kept saying he would help mom to get her rent down, but it never happened. They had church on Sundays, bingo games, people come in and play music, they had a little store and people would buy stuff, they had parakeets, and the people there had a lot of dogs. The dining room was really nice except the chairs were hard to move for the residents. They managed to change about everything as far as carpeting, and the dining room furniture was all changed up.

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate your providing your thoughts, we will take this feedback and look for ways to better our community for residents and team members. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important to us. Thank you

June 17, 2018

By B.P.

I was in the Stratford a few years ago, and it's very nice and beautiful, but it was too expensive for me. They had three meals, three entrees, other choices, and an open bar. We had an activities director, and she was very good. We went on trips, and we had a parking space.

Hello B.P., we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We were sorry to lose you as a resident. If you are ever looking for a new home, we hope that you will consider us again. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything more we can do!

January 10, 2018

By Ed

The Stratford seemed nice enough, but it was extremely expensive, and they didn't have what we needed. It's not assisted living. It's open, airy, and modern-looking. The staff member who assisted me was friendly, knowledgeable, and everything was fine. The dining area looked nice, I saw the reading area, and they have game rooms.

May 25, 2017

By diane426723

I would go to The Stratford because of the location. They have 1-bedroom, 2-bedrooms, and studios, but they don't have full kitchens. I was not impressed with the lady; it was like she was not expecting me, although I had an appointment. She had no package of information, and she was not available when I arrived. The dining room looked clean and spacious.

January 06, 2017

By Andrea634277

I liked the Stratford. It was older and far away from us. The residents needed to do their own laundry, which was fine, but that was not what we were looking for. The people were very nice. They were honoring service members while I was there; I thought that was neat. However, I did not appreciate the meal plan.

December 05, 2016

By Nancy047070

I looked at The Stratford, and it’s so formal. I’m a very informal person. I really wouldn’t like that much formality. It’s decent and clean. They had a beautiful living room, and as far as amenities or what they had to offer, it looked like a lot: exercise rooms, games that they play, and good food.

September 19, 2016

By Lee Ann300616

The tour went really well at The Stratford, and we liked it. It’s pretty, new, and very attractive. The food was good; we ate lunch there. The rooms were very attractive, and the apartment had three closets. You’ve got a bedroom, living room, and an eating room.

September 13, 2016

By Bruce P.

The Stratford at High Point was equally as nice as the one my mom’s in, but a little further away from where we lived. That was the second place that we valued. It had amenities and very pleasant staff. It was just a matter of distance away from our house. They had one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments.

August 29, 2016

By Lee383845

I liked The Stratford. It was pleasing to the eye, and it looked nice. We ate there, and the food was really good. The cost to live there was good, but somebody told me that if, say, my mother-in-law needed help buttoning her shirt from the back, they would charge her for that. It kind of gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if it's true, but this lady who used to work there told me that the residents would complain about that sort of thing. If you are younger than 70 going in there, then it won't be a problem since you won't have trouble buttoning your shirt or crushing your pills. Younger people were staying there, which is good. I liked it okay because it was $1,000 cheaper, but then, if they charge you for every little thing, you'd be spending $3,000 anyway. The rooms had tjree large closets, and that was great.

July 27, 2016

By Carol806884

My dad is at The Stratford. It's absolutely fantastic. They serve him three fabulous meals a day and have housekeeping that comes once a week. It's very pretty and spacious. He has a one-bedroom apartment with a living room, a full-sized refrigerator, cabinet, and stuff in the kitchen area. It's just very nice. The dining room is absolutely beautiful, and the food is delicious. They have a regulation pool table that's on the premises, bingo, arts and crafts, singers coming in to sing, and a little store once a week that you can go and buy things like toiletry items, cookies, or washing detergent. There are washers and dryers on each floor for free, and it's just fabulous. Today, my dad had shrimp, sweet potatoes, and coleslaw. They have a wonderful lunch.

July 07, 2016

By Linda578087

My parent is living in The Stratford at High Point right now. Everything is fine, clean, and nice. She loves it. They’re really great people. I would give them an A-plus. We don’t have any problems with them.

June 28, 2016

By Ann101083

There was nothing that we did not like at The Stratford. The only concern I had was that my aunt was 93, and it was independent living. If she got to the point where she could not look after herself, I would have to move her to another facility, and I did not want to do that. They showed me the apartment, which was empty and had a bedroom, a sitting area, and a bathroom. It was just a small apartment. I thought she would be more comfortable in a two-bedroom unit or a companion suite because she no longer liked to be by herself, but a bedroom by herself would give her a little privacy. The place was very clean. They offered everything I thought any senior would be looking for.

By CharlotteLTDOK

I liked everything about The Stratford. The apartments were bigger, and I could have my little dog. Some of the apartments opened up to the outside with a little place where you could sit outside your room. The staff was great. They had an exercise room, all kinds of crafts, day trips, and things liked that.

By GL

The Stratford was okay. They took us around and showed us all the facilities and what they had to offer. The rooms were large. The staff were courteous but they didn't really inform us about the CIF which I didn't exactly know what that was for. The dining area was nice. The chairs seemed to roll away from mom but she has gotten used to it. The only complaint she had was it takes so long for them to get her food. There are usually two choices for the meal and there's more food than mom can eat. They have a library, a chapel, an exercise room, and they have places outside for the residents to walk. They also allow service dogs and small pets. They have activities everyday, some days it's bingo. Overall, I was pleased with it, and mom likes this place better.

By ReneeSYJRV

The Stratford is very lovely and beautiful inside and out. The staff were good. Mom has a studio apartment which is pretty small, but compared to the others we looked at, it's very nice. There's a step to get in and out of the shower and three pull cords in the room: one by the bed, one by the sink, and one in the bathroom. She has a back door going to her garden, and I find that to be very good because more light and air can come in. The dining room looks very nice. They can improve the options for the food and speed up the process of serving them. Overall, it is a very nice place. They also have a pond with ducks and geese.

December 30, 2015

By Susan118256750

The Stratford was gorgeous. It was really nice. If I had the money, I would move in there. The rooms were very nice. I was really impressed. They had three meals a day. There were plenty of activities there. Food was good, and there were different varieties of food. They would clean the rooms for the people. There’s a laundry right there for them to do their own laundry without charge for it. They have buses that will take them wherever they need to go.

May 28, 2015

By Debbie107280450

We went to The Stratford. It was very great. They were very intelligent and very knowledgeable, and they answered any questions that we had. The apartments were very nice. It had enough room. The one that we stayed in was really too big for us, but it was very nice and clean, and there we no sign of bug or nothing like that. We were not able to go to any of the activities because my husband was having a pacemaker and a defibrillator put back in. However, the food was very good. You had different choices. If you didn't like what they were serving, they had 2 choices that you could choose from.

August 06, 2014

The Stratford was beautiful. The apartment was very nice. They had a dining area and it was beautiful. The place was immaculate. The staff we met were very nice and friendly. Actually, I was thinking moving there with my husband. Yes, I would recommend them because they were very accommodating and because the facilities were beautiful and everyone seemed very friendly.

September 26, 2013

I chose to visit The Stratford mainly because I want to be in the area close to High Point. I'm used to living in a country or in a small town with not a lot of traffic. It is also near some of my relatives who live there. The Stratford is a very nice facility. I like its location. There's a good restaurant nearby, and since I like a good restaurant, that's a good point for me. The staff was very helpful in trying to answer any questions I had. I like the efficiency apartment that we looked at. It was on the second floor and it had a nice balcony. The windows appeared to be larger than it actually was. I really liked that! Some of the rooms were not as roomy as this one. With regards to food that they serve for their residents, they have heavy meals at lunch and light meals at supper. I went there to have a supper one night and it was good but only to a point. I won't be satisfied with it if it were like that on a daily basis.

August 27, 2013

By Caring High

The Stratford was very nice and looked very clean when I toured it. The staff was very helpful. They seemed to have a lot of things going on. Every week, they have something different for the residents. That's good because it keeps them busy. The rent also includes three meals a day.

April 11, 2013

My dad has been at The Stratford for a couple of weeks now. He has a small apartment but it's in good condition. The place is nice, clean and lovely. The staff is terrific.

December 07, 2012

By Claudia 1

The Stratford is a very nice facility. The rooms are nice and accommodating for any guests. They offer meals, some cleaning of your apartment, and transportation.

Questions about The Stratford

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Stratford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Stratford offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Stratford exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Stratford offer to independent living residents?

If The Stratford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Stratford work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Stratford

Photos of The Stratford

Services and Amenities of The Stratford

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Stratford

The Stratford is located in High Point, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Stratford for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Stratford