Pinecrest Hickory, NC

Reviews of Pinecrest

Independent Living Reviews for Pinecrest

August 05, 2019

By CW

Pinecrest was good and we liked the place. The deposit fee was a bit much though. Overall, it was pleasant and nice, but I think it could be upgraded. The grounds could be a little nicer. Personnel-wise, it's all good. The size, layout, and amenities are great. The rooms are clean, but I think they could keep the exterior a little cleaner.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We are always looking for ways to improve our resident experience and greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you

April 29, 2018

By Coleen

Pinecrest was beautiful and clean. I saw two apartments; both were beautifully arranged and very convenient. I thought Pinecrest was great. I like it very much. The dining area was beautiful, clean, and set up nicely. It would be an enjoyable place to have lunch. They had a group in there singing songs. It was very interesting. The gentleman who did the tour was very knowledgeable, very friendly and very pleasant. Everyone there was very pleasant.

November 20, 2017

By A Visitor

Pinecrest has a nice dining room and nice greeting areas. They're doing some upkeep with the facilities, which is very nice. There are walking areas around the community. They have garden areas with places to sit and nice balconies. Their 1- and 2-bedroom units are much larger than at other facilities. They have games, reading clubs, and travel opportunities where they take residents out. It's definitely in a section of town that is devoted primarily to senior living. There are many complexes nearby in the same area of the town, which is the senior side, and it is close to the medical facility. It's a nice setting. The cleanliness was good. The staff was friendly and informative, and it looked like many of them have been there for quite awhile.

May 26, 2017

By nary

Pinecrest was very nice and offered a lot of different things, but it was just beyond my budget. The staff was very friendly, informative, and answered all my questions. They seemed to be very friendly, attentive, and answered the residents' questions. It seemed like a very nice place to be. The rooms were very spacious, nice, laid out well, and they offered several amenities to go with them. It was exactly what I was looking for if only I could afford it.

December 28, 2015

By Sandra118021750

My mother is at Pinecrest right now. We chose this community because of all the different amenities, everything is included, and it is a very nice place. The staff is very good, and they work for the residents. They have arts and crafts, Bible studies, exercise every day, bingo twice a week, prayer group twice a week, and entertainment. They have something every day for the residents. My mother has a nice, one-bedroom apartment. On the scale of 1 to 10, I would say it is probably a 9. It has a big bathroom, a big living room, and a small kitchen area. The food is great. The common dining area is very clean and very inviting. It looks like a luxury hotel.

December 25, 2015

By France1

Pinecrest was very nice. The staff and the residents were very friendly. The rooms were a little small but adequate. They even invited us for a meal, and it was excellent. There seemed to be enough activities at the facility, but it was just too expensive for us.

December 18, 2014

By Maggie19

My father used to live at Pinecrest, and they were wonderful. The only problem was they changed managers about every six months. They had a beautiful two-bedroom, two-bath apartment. I've eaten there before, and the food was delicious. They had musical groups that come in, and they've got bingo and little horse races. They have lots of things for the seniors to do. What impressed me most were probably the apartments. The apartments were very nice.

January 31, 2014

The staff is very friendly at Pinecrest. They have a lot of activities like games, trips, and they seem to be busy all the time. It's bright and cheerful. I think they're very reasonable. They have very good meals, too.

October 25, 2013

By Jo11

I tried the food at Pinecrest and it was good. The rooms were spacious and sufficient. The staff was very good. They called and made follow-ups often.

June 12, 2013

By Jennifer17

It took me a long time to find a community for my father in law. We found Pinecrest last March and he absolutely loved it. The people are fantastic. They got three gourmet meals a day and it's like a cruise ship only you're not cruising anywhere. His room is a studio but there's plenty of room for all of his stuff. It's got a little kitchen, a bathroom and a back deck that's gorgeous.

Questions about Pinecrest

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pinecrest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pinecrest exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

If Pinecrest accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Pinecrest work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Pinecrest

Photos of Pinecrest

Services and Amenities of Pinecrest

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Pinecrest

Pinecrest is located in Hickory, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Pinecrest for a visit...and stay!

Map of Pinecrest