Abbotswood at Irving Park

Reviews of Abbotswood at Irving Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Irving Park

Independent Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Irving Park

July 29, 2011

This magnificent facility is a two-tier, three floor facility that will take your breath away. I only have one complaint and even then I am going to give it five stars. That is how wonderful this place is. I walked through the double doors and I thought I was in a six-star resort. I visited the three-floor side of the buildings. This tier is for people who can get around on their own but may need help from time to time. When I first got there I had to wait to be helped for about five minutes but after that, I had a blast. I spent almost an hour with my "host" being shown around the property. She showed me every single thing they had to offer from the style of rooms they had to offer to the game room to the barber shop. Every single resident was happy, not a frown on any face. Everyone was having a blast. In fact, there were three elderly ladies playing on the Wii game system in the game room competing like it was the Olympics. These women had to be in their 80's or 90's. The age limit to get in this facility is 55 but they said they would make an exception if need be. How many places could say that they would do that for people? This is definitely the best assisted living center I have seen yet and I can honestly say that I may not see a better one.

Services and Amenities of Abbotswood at Irving Park

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Small Pets

About Abbotswood at Irving Park

Abbotswood is centrally located in Irving Park with everything you may desire nearby, from cultural events and historical sites, to beautiful parks and the city library. Downtown Greensboro offers a variety of restaurants, theatres, shopping and the finest physicians and services, all easily accessible by our private transportation. The warm southern hospitality welcomes you to a community of easy grace and friendly people. A stately Colonial entrance invites you in, where you'll find a sophisticated and elegant lobby with cozy fireplace.

The peaceful atmosphere with exquisite gardens and mature landscaping is ideal to enjoy your favorite pastime, read a book under a shade tree, relax in the courtyard with its dramatic fountain or enjoy an outdoor lunch in the picnic area. There are perennial and annual gardens, and a community vegetable garden where you can join neighbors to show off your green thumb. The screened porches, patios, and balconies, allow you to enjoy the outdoors easily. Here you will find a close-knit community with outstanding "family" relationships between associates and residents. The many activities and programs allow you to be as social and active as you choose to be. Abbotswood at Irving Park is full of the vibrant energy of both residents and associates who love being served and serving others.

Map of Abbotswood at Irving Park