Carolina Estates

Reviews of Carolina Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Carolina Estates

August 20, 2015

By Martha112100350

My mother is currently in Carolina Estates. The thing that we like a whole lot is the fact that the price is inclusive of the rental of the studio apartment, her three meals a day, and the activities. They have a little salon and a little chapel. The apartments are great. Her studio apartment has a nice living area, a kitchenette, and a great large bathroom. It has worked out nicely. Generally, it is very good. She is pleased.

April 18, 2015

Mom is currently at Carolina Estates, and she likes it. It is a relatively new facility, but our concern is that if she should need more care, then we will have to move. I would definitely rate them above average. I would recommend them.

September 01, 2014

By Jeff26

Both my in-laws are in Carolina Estates. It is one of the places that are near my family. My in-laws seem to enjoy it. It is a very clean place. The residents are very engaged in activities. They have events going on all the time, plus they provide transportation out into the community. Everything has been positive so far. My in-laws are in a one-bedroom apartment. It is more like an efficiency. Their meals are provided. Other services they have here have been very good. What stands out to me about this community is the friendliness of the people.

May 12, 2014

Carolina Estates was awesome. It was like a 5-star hotel. It was independent living. It was lovely, and they had in-home health care with an office right on the premises. It was very good. If the place where my mom's in now won't come up with a room in a month, I would take her out of there. Carolina Estate had 12 nice apartments available. They had all kinds of activities. They had bridge. I took my mom over there for lunch, and the food was incredible. They had live-in managers and chefs, and all the dishes were like homemade and very tasty. The people were wonderful and great. I liked the people there. They were spot on. They were animal friendly. The only thing that scared me was that it was kind of big. It had 110 independent rooms.

December 16, 2013

The Carolina Estates is an independent living place. They provide three meals a day and other assistance if necessary, but it's not an assisted living facility.

November 20, 2013

By Maggie14

My mother-in-law is in Carolina Estates. It is clean and cheerful. It has energetic managers that run it who really know that they are going to have to give that atmosphere to the place and they work really hard to do that. There's a good team of people that's running it. They are super friendly. They know them and they know what they want. They have good days and bad days when it comes to food. They have bingos and card games. They have music where people come and sing. They have a social room where people share photos of their family and every can come and see the photos. They also take them out on tours in their bus in national science and parks. They take them to doctor's appointment.

July 29, 2011

Carolina Estates is nothing like I have ever seen before except for one other place. The great thing about this center there are no long term buy-ins and the rent is month to month. How great is that? The staff was courteous and knowledgeable and quick to answer any questions I had. Even the patients were helpful and nice! The building, both inside and outside are filled with elegant furniture and the courtyard is something to behold. The gardener is to be commended for his work, that's for sure. There is personal care, assisted living care and there is someone always present to help you when you need it and I think that is huge when it comes to picking a facility for a loved one. This is definitely a top-of-the-line location that should be thought about when picking a long or short term facility.

Questions about Carolina Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Carolina Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our ages range from mid-60's to mid-90's. One of our favorite things to do would be our Dance Club on-site each Monday evening at 7pm where we enjoy instructor-led line dancing and ballroom dancing. We also enjoy live musical entertainment weekly on most Saturdays.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Battleground Park, YMCA, Science Center, Hiking and Biking Trails, and shopping.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Carolina Estates has organized?

We will be going to Handel's Messiah in Winston-Salem on December 12th. We will also be going to see the Live Christmas Tree and doing some mall shopping on December 2nd.

What transportation services does Carolina Estates offer to independent living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation service Monday through Friday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Carolina Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have a wide selection of menu options to choose from. Everything is made fresh in our kitchen by our executive chef and his team.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large dining room, atrium, activity room, TV room, library, billiard room, exercise room, several laundry rooms, hair salon and a chapel.

What safety features or security measures does Carolina Estates offer to independent living residents?

We have two sets of management couples who live on-site for 24 hour emergency service and security for our residents. We also have state-of-the-art sprinkler systems and emergency pull cord systems in each apartment.

If Carolina Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely accept dogs or cats. They are allowed in our common areas - just not where food is prepared or served. We have a sidewalk that surrounds our community which is flat and easy to walk your pet. We also have access to hiking trails and pets are allowed as long as they are on a leash. There is also a Dog Park close by which is fenced and allows your dog to run and play with other neighborhood dogs.

Does Carolina Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are happy to have Legacy Healthcare here on-site to provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.

Costs for Carolina Estates

Photos of Carolina Estates

Services and Amenities of Carolina Estates

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Carolina Estates

At Carolina Estates, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. We have a great array of services and amenities. Our food is truly made from scratch and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips, and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Carolina Estates features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.

Senior Community Amenities:

• Banking
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • TV room with big screen television
  • Resident computers with internet connection
  • Chapel
  • Dry cleaning pick up weekly
  • Guest rooms
  • Exercise Room
  • Craft Room
  • Card Room
  • Senior Apartment Amenities:
  • Studio, one bedroom, and two bedrooms w/ kitchenettes
  • 24-hour emergency pull cords in each room
  • Refrigerator
  • Carpeting
  • Drapes
  • Linens
  • Thermostats in each room
  • Fire sprinkler
  • Cable TV
  • Bathrooms (some with Handicap accessibility)

BASIC SERVICES INCLUDED IN RENT:

Dining Services:

• 3 Chef prepared meals daily
  • All day coffee bar and snack bar
  • Fruit bar available 24-hrs

• Entertainment
  • Community Volunteers

Housekeeping and Maintenance Services:

• Bed Linens and bath towels provided and laundered weekly
  • Weekly housekeeping, including dusting, vacuuming, and sanitation of counters and cabinets
  • No-charge laundry facilities for personal items
  • Maintenance performed as needed in all rooms and common areas

PERSONAL SERVICES: We work with professional agencies that provide individual assisted care which compliments our own high standards.

We believe that Carolina Estates is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

Map of Carolina Estates