Durham Regent

Reviews of Durham Regent

Independent Living Reviews for Durham Regent

June 26, 2018

By Guest03

The girl at Durham Regent was nice, but the food was cold. The service was rough and none of the staff members were friendly. The place itself looked like it could use some renovation. The rooms looked nice though, but I wouldn't recommend them. When you walk in the front door, there's a musty smell that just knocks you down. It just didn't look like it was kept up properly.

May 11, 2018

By Ronald

Durham Regent looked more like a hospital. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't my taste. The staff member was very personable and friendly.

April 08, 2018

By Joy

Durham Regent was clean and had a nice appearance. The atmosphere was good. The people were friendly. Overall, it was a good impression. Parking was good but a little tight. The staff who gave me the tour was friendly and informative. Their studio room was small for my mom, but I like the fact that it had an area where you could go out. It looked out to the highway and the view was good. I also liked the setup of the one-bedroom. I liked that the kitchen was close to the living room, and that the bedroom was spacious too.

Hello Joy, thanks for visiting us at Durham Regent. We are glad to hear you and your mom enjoyed the community. We strive to help older independent people live better and would be honored to help your mom with this. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

September 29, 2017

By Happy Daughter

The apartment at Durham Regent was tiny but nice enough and clean. The dining area looked friendly because the residents can sit with each other and go from table to table. They had nice garden areas, a really good library, and a game room. They showed us the menu, which had more variety compared to the ones we saw in other places.

Thank you so much for the positive review! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Durham Regent!

April 25, 2017

By Marie172672

Durham Regent was excellent, very pleasant, and professional. The apartments were very accommodating, appropriate in size, and definitely served its purpose. The place was clean and smelled very good. I didn’t notice any activities but they did have a schedule in the elevator and when you walk in the building. The grounds were excellent, well kept, and clean. I liked the landscaping.

April 12, 2017

By Charles185443

Durham Regent's environment and surroundings were fair. I didn't like the rooms nor the bathroom, which opened into the living room instead of the bedroom. The staff was good, the dining hall looked good, and I didn't see the activities. The location was in my range, and the cost was reasonable comparable to the rest.

March 28, 2017

By Juanita380844

Durham Regent was a nice, comfortable place. The people and staff were very nice, friendly, and kind. They served three meals and had a beauty salon. We looked at one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.

November 25, 2016

By Carol457587

I visited Durham Regent. They have great staff. They have been really helpful and really interested in the residents and the families. They get along well with each other, so in that sense, you don't feel like somebody is trying to raise the rent on you. They're trustworthy. The apartments are bright and cheerful. They're small but bright and cheerful. The wait staff was really cordial. There's a lot of interaction. I would say it is a social place. It doesn't have a pool, but it does have small weight room. The staff stood out to me.

November 23, 2016

I visited Durham Regent. I thought the facilities were limited. The price was way too expensive for what was offered. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful. They answered my questions. I thought they needed better exercise facilities and more encouragement for residents to use them.

November 07, 2016

By Jacqueline622301

The rooms at Durham Regent were adequate and large. The only problem that I have with that one is they had carpet on the floor. I was pleased with the service that I received, and it’s within the budget that I’m looking.

November 01, 2016

By Barbara453411

Durham Regent had very friendly staff, good activities, and a variety of spaces. They had separate and different-sized apartments within the facility, and it was a larger facility. My only negative would be that it is 1980’s decorated and probably needed some updating. They had a chapel, speakers coming in, crafts, games, and movies; they had pretty much anything.

September 19, 2016

By Georgia228852

Durham Regent is an apartment type facility. They do have assisted living, dementia, and Alzheimer’s facilities. They have caregivers coming in with a few activities. I have a 2-door studio apartment; there is the door that comes in and the door that goes to the bathroom, but the bedroom doesn’t have a door. The food is very good. They gave you a choice of salads, fruits, and meats. They have silverware on the table. But there is one concern; the concern I have is the place is not very clean at all. They have bugs, and some people have ants. We have artificial plants and trees here; they should have washed it or thrown it away.

By Wayne23

My mother in law went to Durham Regent. The location was appropriate, it seemed real clean, well-managed, and it was competitively priced. The rooms are fine, she has a bedroom, living room, and kitchen combination. The dining facility seemed very nice. They have ice cream socials, Bingo, and they have an entertainer come in occasionally. They have a library, some exercise equipment, they have a trivia game, and they take them shopping, once in a while. The staff seemed very dedicated, and there was nothing to complain about at all.

By Concerned Son6

Durham Regent had cottages detached from the main facility. It was interesting, but on the end, my parents would have to go outside to go to the main facility to have their meals, so we ruled this community out. They do have rooms in the main facility, but they are more expensive. My parents want a two-bedroom. The rooms are nice, but they have a limited number of two-bedrooms. My wife and I had a chance to have lunch there when we checked out the place and the food was good. It cost more than others. The cottages were less costly because you only pay for two meals a day versus three meals a day, but there's the inconvenience of having to walk from your cottage to the main dining area. It is OK when it is a nice weather, but if it was rainy or snowy, it just doesn’t make sense.

By Wanda27

Durham Regent was very nice. We saw a one-bedroom apartment, cottages, and common area, and all of that was very nice and seemed well maintained. We didn’t see any activities, but we were given a sheet of activities for the month that seemed quite extensive. They have movies, bingo, and exercise class. We saw the dining area in the tour, and it was very nice. It was like in the middle of the building on the third floor, so I thought that was unusual, but it was really nice. You can sit there and look around and see things like an atrium; I like the way it was placed in the building. Cindy was very friendly, very professional, and knew everybody by name. She was very accommodating to us, too. In fact, we did our interview right there in the one-bedroom apartment, so we were able to see it and see how it feels for our mom. Then she took us over to the cottages, and they were very nice. She was very engaging, very knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

By LeoDSSUN

We were very pleased with Durham Regent. The staff was knowledgeable and pleasant.

April 23, 2016

By James123866250

Our visit with Durham Regent was good. We dealt with the marketing director who was helpful. My friend was looking at a one-bedroom unit. They had a room with exercise equipment, and it was all a good value for the cost.

October 28, 2015

By anonymous man1

Durham Regent seemed fine, and I’m satisfied. The staff and rooms are fine and the food is adequate.

October 28, 2015

Durham Regent was a little rundown and not as clean and neat as the other ones. The carpet seemed dirty and needs to be replaced. However, they had a wide range of activities there, and the staff was great and very helpful.

May 24, 2015

I lived at Durham Regent for 10 months; it was terrible. The food tasted OK, but it was not good for seniors. It was too salty. It was inappropriate at times. They had regular meetings for feedback, and no matter what you said, nothing ever changed. The room was fine, but the bathroom was not attached to the bedroom. There was no microwave or oven. It was a small apartment size. Also, the key to my door didn't fit the outside door, so when I went out on my patio, I couldn't get back in with my key. The maintenance girl was horrible. The activities were OK for awhile, but then the managers changed a lot, so the activities changed as well. The overall atmosphere was not great. People complained a lot, but nothing ever changed.

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Durham Regent. I've sent your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review, particularly as it involves food service, maintenance, and the lack of listening. If you have anything to add, you're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks,

May 12, 2015

By Kim106662950

I had a good experience during my visit at Durham Regent. Cindy was very friendly and took me on a tour of the facility. It was a good and thorough tour. It was clean, and the rooms were of good size. The dining room was set up for four persons per table with tablecloths. They had a viewing room with a large TV which was good because my dad likes sports as much as I do.

December 10, 2014

By Gina Marie

The apartments at Durham Regent are excellent. It has three stories. The meals are all inclusive. There is a health care service that you can purchase. The food is excellent. The dining area is beautiful and large, and I think they have a little over 100 or 120 residents on that site. It has a recreation room, a library, an exercise room, an on site church, a beauty parlor, and a small store. They have activities. They are playing Wii bowling, watching movies, and reading.

February 27, 2014

Durham Regent was very nice. The staff is excellent and extremely helpful. They showed me some rooms. They have bus transportation 3 or 4 times a week to take people to shopping, hairdressers, and doctor's appointments. Transportation is really not a problem. The dining room is very nice with multiple tables for all the guests. The facility was nice and had all kinds of nice stuff. They have their own activity program, too.

November 21, 2013

Durham Regent is close to where we live. It’s close to all the places my dad needs to go for his follow up appointment. He has a simple apartment. He likes the age group because there are a lot of veterans here. Legacy helps care for the residents. Food is one of the drawback, they don’t serve his diet but he can walk around it. It’s not completely salt free but it’s not a bad diet either. They also serve a good variety of fresh foods to choose from. My dad likes the place.

September 24, 2013

By Rita14

I took a tour at Durham Regent and I thought that the place is actually pretty nice. I was looking for my mom and I think this facility is nice. It was very convenient to where she wanted to be and where she is right now, so she wouldn't have to re-learn an area. I really like it.

July 11, 2013

By Betty27

Durham Regent, the facility itself, was fine. I was just surprised that there were so many people in wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. They had some cottages where meals were not required, but I was surprised that meals were required and included. The staff was very friendly. As far as the cleanliness, the friendliness, and so forth, they're fine, but it's not what I need right now. I'm just not interested.

August 21, 2012

By purpleMom1

Staff were always pleasant and prompt. The building and grounds are very, very nice. Beautiful, modern interiors, very well-maintained individual residences, and professional gardens. The food wasn't very good, but other amenities were excellent. Lots of activities and very active seniors who actually participate and interact with one another, making for a great community. Location was excellent also, as many attractions like zoos and museums are very nearby. One thing to remember about this place is that they only provide very limited care of the sick. People who live here must be reasonably healthy, and many people are motivated to hide their degenerative illnesses, lest they be asked to leave.

May 25, 2012

By granddaughter61

The facility is clean, the rooms are nice, the staff is dedicated and seems to really listen to residents. They especially take care of residents during emergency situations, like power outages, severe cold, or outbreak of influenza. The food is good but not great, and that is the main complaint. There are a lot of activities for residents. It's a nice place to be.

Costs for Durham Regent

Photos of Durham Regent

Services and Amenities of Durham Regent

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Durham Regent

Durham Regent is located in Durham, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Durham Regent for a visit...and stay!

Map of Durham Regent