Brookdale Cotswold

Reviews of Brookdale Cotswold

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Cotswold

April 23, 2018

By bbunker3

The facility is very nice however the care staff is slack. They do not want and do not take care of patients as they are supposed to. We pay for certain services that we are not getting. They do not follow medical orders and have misplaced new prescriptions. Even went so far as to bring back dirty clothes to room unwashed

December 29, 2017

By Elizabeth

I visited Brookdale Cotswold. It was good but not as good considering the cost. Their staff wasn't that great. The facility location was good for us, but it's on a busy road. It didn't have a great outdoor spot. They had similar activities as the other place, but not as many on the weekend. I'm not keen on them as a company because they are more concerned about money than they are about their residents.

July 17, 2017

By Angela

Brookdale Cotswold was very nice and clean. They had activities there. They were doing crafts then. The rooms were beautiful. The residents seemed happy and friendly.

December 15, 2015

By Sheron1

My father was at Brookdale Cotswold for three months before checking out and coming back home when he was doing so much better. The place was bright and cheerful, and staff met you at the door. There was always water there on hot days. The residents were friendly. We really liked the director. My father was very pleased with the food and blown away by all of the choices. Everything was delicious and A+.

July 14, 2015

Brookdale Cotswold (Formerly Emeritus at Eastover) was a lovely facility and pretty new. It was less than a year old when I visited. It was very well taken care of, but I was not at all pleased with their follow-up after the visit. My sister from Missouri went with us. For some reason, any kind of follow-up letters were sent to her, not to me, even though we explained carefully that I was looking for a place for my husband and myself. There was a lady at the desk. We didn't have an appointment, but she was very nice about taking us around. We saw several different dining room activities and all the different areas, which were all very nice. I'm in a wheelchair, so I was glad to see they had an elevator. However, there was no follow-up whatsoever. The activity room where we sat and talked was really very small for what you would expect with a large facility. But I noticed the fragrance in the air just as we went to the door. It turned out that the activity director has her office on the other side of the activity room, and she puts scents up.

April 17, 2015

I like the size of the rooms at Brookdale Cotswold, and they are all private rooms as well. The staff was responsive to my concerns. The food is good, and I haven’t had any issues with their sanitation. I think they just need to add more activities during the winter months.

March 31, 2015

We had a visit at Brookdale Cotswold and we felt it was kind of depressing and sad. The people that were around weren't as active looking, but the staff has been very nice, friendly, and attentive. Overall, it didn’t seem as nice than the other places we saw.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. We are sorry to hear our community did not meet your expectations upon first impression. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind.

November 22, 2014

By Samuel4

I think the rooms at Brookdale Cotswold were roomy and OK; they were adequate. They had a list of activities that they do all week, and it seemed to be nicer for the residents to have something to do all the time.

October 25, 2014

By Leslie7

My mother-in-law is in the Alzheimer’s unit at Emeritus at Eastover. Seemed to be that she enjoys it there, and they are doing a good job with her. It seems to be updated; she is in a nice room with a nice setup, and there is a bathroom in the common area.

September 23, 2014

By Tropicallady

Emeritus at Eastover seemed like a nice place. The people were nice. The lady that took me on a tour was very nice. The rooms seemed nice compared to one other place I had been. It all seemed great. I thought the rooms were spacious. The model that they showed me was very homey looking. I think I was probably going to place my dad there, but with his mobility issues, they decided he was too much of a fall risk at night, and that they weren't be able to handle that. Other than that, I probably would have selected them.

August 31, 2014

By Pat89749950

I’m not easily impressed but everything was great at Emeritus. The staff gave me all the information and they looked nice. They gave us a tour and then we came back and we met some people that were staying there in the assisted living community who were very nice. I deliberately went at lunch time because I figured the cafeteria or dining room would be full and I watched the reaction the people had when the staff walked by. I was impressed with the way the people felt. They felt relaxed, comfortable and happy with the staff. The dining room was really immaculate. It was clean and they had a nice menu. It had good selection of food. There were waiters and the waitresses that were all dressed like in one of the fancy restaurants. There were people sitting around talking; and when they were finished eating, they went to another place and talk. As we were leaving they were having bingo. They had activities too so that interests me also. The facility was in good shape. In fact there was a fence outside that I saw that was broken, and I went there twice, and when I went back that broken fence was repaired; so that was a good sign that they do fix things. The only thing was they had more people there visiting than they had staff to show you around; but they manage it well though. I thought they were understaffed for the visitors coming in. It may have been that some people had just got in and not made an appointment.

April 11, 2014

By Charlotte14

Emeritus was real homey. The rooms were very nice and the lady that was there was very nice. They had couches and TVs in different places where you can sit together and talk. The room was like the size of a good size master bedroom; there was plenty of room for a bed, a chair and a chest. They had a real cute dining room setup, and it’s almost like in a restaurant. They had a separate facility downstairs for the memory care unit. They were able to keep them secure and still be a homey environment. It seemed like a really nice place. You had to bring your own furniture though, and the price was a bit high for us.

April 01, 2014

By Woody4

I just got back from Emeritus. It was my mother-in-law's birthday today. We had dinner with her: 84 years old, and the staff there was awesome. They're very friendly, and they stay busy. They're knowledgeable and courteous, but my wife didn't seem to be happy with the care that they're getting. My mother-in-law has a 1-bedroom, like an L-shaped room with a bathroom inside it, a little sink and mirror at the door, and a nice, little room. We're happy with what she has. It's large enough for her. They impressed me tremendously.

February 14, 2014

By James77308950

I found a good community. I like it very much and I'm very happy with it. The food here is very good and the people are fine. I have a one bedroom apartment with very nice glass windows. It's nice and bright so I'm enjoying it. When I moved in, we decorated the room and my children helped me put up lots of pictures. I moved to Emeritus at Eastover mostly because of it's location being close to eight of my children. They have a lot of activities here. They take us out to lunch in a restaurant once a week just for a change. I would highly recommend it

January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Eastover was very comfortable, homey and welcoming. The people were friendly. The food was also very good. There were activities in-house all day as well as trips for the residents.

December 22, 2013

By Rosa Munoz

The facility is like a five stars Hotel, it's excellent and the personal is very friendly. Really is a place where I would like to live when I needed.

November 21, 2013

By Bobby5

I did visit Emeritus. It was a very nice facility. It was probably our first choice. It did have a nice and warm atmosphere. The staff there was very friendly. In terms of location, it was also very convenient to downtown. They have several sizes of rooms there. I believe they have studio, studio-plus, and one-bedroom apartments. I like the studio-plus because was nice and it did give a little bit more room for the residents. The one-bedroom was nice as well.

November 07, 2013

By Concerned120

I looked at this place for a loved one with memory issues. When I got in there, the people on the entrance floor were nice. They take you to the basement for the memory center. It is dark, smelly, and the people there just sit in one room and drool. It was sad to see them parked like that. I would not give this place a second chance at all.

September 26, 2013

By John67952050

We choose Emeritus at Eastover because of the people there and the physical appearance of the place. They are very welcoming, friendly and warm. They are very thorough in explaining on what they do there, the nature of the activities and the nature of the plan. They have everything that you can imagine for older people. My mother is 102 and she doesn't partake in many activities. They have transportation for them to go places. The food is fine. They are very flexible and open when it comes to visitation. They are of good value for the price.

August 13, 2013

Emeritus was a beautiful property with a very huge staircase in the main area. Some residents went up and down the stairs but there were elevators also. My husband and daughter chose it while I was in the hospital. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was a little bigger than a dorm room with a sink in the room and not in the bathroom. There were days when we had good meals and other days it was not so good. Everything was very well-kept. There was a gardener who came twice a week to mow the grass so it looked beautiful all the time. Every Thursday, the activity director took anyone who wanted to go out to lunch and we paid our own. We had trivia games, battles of the sexes, word games which we could take back to our rooms. I would recommend this place to others.

July 29, 2013

By Debbie33

Emeritus at Eastover was an impressive facility. It was nicer than I had expected. The staff was very friendly and very personable. When my mom was there initially, she continually talked about how good and impressive the food was. However, lately I have developed some concerns with this facility. When mom had been there for just about a month, she fell and broke her hip. While she was in a different facility for a rehab, my husband and I went back to Emeritus to get her additional clothing. The entire time we were there, the only staff member we saw was their receptionist and that was concerning. I think that anybody who put a loved one in that facility needs to keep his or her eyes open. Emeritus, on the other hand, can improve by keeping their eyes on their residents and being aware of what is going on.

May 10, 2013

By Tellitlikeitis

STAY AWAY from EMERITUS at EASTOVER!!! VERY poor quality of care for the residents, and the individuals who run it just don't want to hear about it. They're struggling financially, so they're cutting costs, leading to tremendous turnover. They're also constantly making "billing errors" (all in their favor, of course) in order to make a little extra money. Please don't let them suck you in with the low rate...consider placing your loved one elsewhere, there are plenty of better options out there!

February 24, 2013

By Mama V

I love visiting my aunt at Emeritus at Eastover. She is so happy there and the staff are so nice and helpful. She has really enjoyed making new friends there and participating in all the activities they have. I have eaten with her on several occasions and the food is always delicious!

February 06, 2013

By Pisces56

The owners of the community are experiencing financial problems due to bad business acquisitions and their communities are suffering. Things were ok at the beginning but have deteriorated in last 3 months. It will take months for them to recover and in meantime residents suffer and they expect the rent/fees to be paid on time. Quality of living all around is terrible. Please consider not moving your love one in here at this time!

November 28, 2012

By Loving Sister 1

My sister was in Emeritus for about a month or so. It was a very nice and comfortable facility. I really have no complaints. It's just that when we would go over there, everybody would be sleeping. Neurologically, it wasn't too stimulating. They didn't seem to have activities to engage the clients. And I certainly understand. At the point when my sister was in there, she was in transition in terms of medication to control her anxiety, hallucination, and she was agitated. It's a very, very difficult situation with Alzheimer's patients. There are different levels of Alzheimer's patients there. With regard to food, it seem very balanced in terms of all the food groups. The staff there was very, very friendly. Although they seem to be understaffed during the weekends. I think they're doing the best they can.

June 28, 2012

By PassingThrough459

The facility was very nice and well maintained. The staff was friendly and the location is convenient. We found the residents to appear most happy with their environment and the food they served was fantastic. We chose another facility due to the costs but Emeritus at Eastover would have been our first choice had that not been a factor.

Photos of Brookdale Cotswold

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Cotswold

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Licenses: NC State Certification AL and Special Care Unit
  • State Licenses: HAL-060-110

About Brookdale Cotswold

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Cotswold