Charlotte Square

Reviews of Charlotte Square

Assisted Living Reviews for Charlotte Square

September 03, 2011

By cdayton

I visited this facility with a friend who was seeking care for her elderly father. It's a really pretty facility, located in a gorgeous and convenient part of Charlotte. The atmosphere upon entering the facility was great. It was neat and clean, without odors. The reception staff and admissions staff we spoke with were extremely friendly and several members of nursing smiled and said hello as we walked through. The atmosphere of this facility was further enhanced by some lovely piano music and I also saw several residents participating in a group activity. The grounds were also lovely and well manicured, with plenty of outdoor space for residents to enjoy. My friend and I toured the memory unit and really liked that, though it was a locked and secure unit, it didn't feel like a locked and secure unit. The hallways were in an atrium like setting, allowing for plenty of natural sunlight and giving almost an outdoor feel to the area. I did see a couple of residents wandering the halls but they looked happy and not lost. I also saw one staff assist a resident in a very respectable way when she appeared to be looking for her room. It was nice to see the staff offer assistance but still respect the resident at that individual's greatest level of independence. That is something I think is lacking in some other memory units. Ultimately, I would have to say that I would highly recommend this facility. It has a great atmosphere, friendly staff, and good amenities to allow for a more home like feel.

July 26, 2011

By Harriett111

I was not in need of Senior Assisted Living Care at the time that I visited this facility to do some volunteer work with my children. Upon entering this facility I immediately decided that it would be exactly what I would be looking for if ever the need presented itself. We are still not willing to put our loved ones in assisted care but would settle for nothing less that this if we were ever forced to.

June 16, 2011

By Patrick F.

Other

Charlotte Square was extremely cooperative in getting my mother admitted when she was unwilling to go in. This was necessary because mom was not cleaning herself, nor was she getting out of bed in the morning, taking her medicine or eating properly. Charlotte Square is an assisted living facility that has a very narrow level of care. Assistance is provided for cleaning and changing bedding etc., however, residence are not reminded to come to meals, or to make hair appointments, nor are they assisted in eating at their meals. Getting to meals was not a problem for mom, nor was feeding herself, but when she broke her arm the administrators declared that mom was no longer within the stated level of care for Charlotte Square and had to move. This presented an awkward, almost crisis situation for me due to mom's changed level of care, that Charlotte Square was unwilling to accomodate.

Memory Care Reviews for Charlotte Square

Photos of Charlotte Square

Services and Amenities of Charlotte Square

• State Licenses: HAL060087

About Charlotte Square

Bank on having the time of your life at Charlotte Square, where a full calendar of activities and social programs, in addition to apartments with thoughtful amenities and services, offers a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Our community provides Assisted Living and Memory Care in Charlotte, North Carolina, in a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Porch areas with wooden rocking chairs and beautifully decorated sitting areas and living rooms around our community invite residents to relax and read a good book from our well-stocked library or strike up a conversation with their neighbors. Our spacious studio apartments are equipped with a number of safety features including emergency call buttons to provide peace of mind , individual climate controls and wall-to-wall carpet for the comfort of our residents. Charlotte Square hosts many recreational programming events held in our community, while residents also have many shopping, dining and entertainment options right at their fingertips with downtown Charlotte less than 30 minutes away. The ideal location also affords great healthcare options nearby.

Map of Charlotte Square