Carmel Place

Offers Independent Living

5512 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226
Carmel Place (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 27 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Carmel Place

Independent Living Reviews for Carmel Place

May 27, 2017

By jerry310406

Carmel Place was very nice. The only thing I didn’t like was that they had specific times to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They served all three meals which was great, but you have to be there at specific times when they serve the meals. The rooms were very nice, and the place was so upbeat. The residents were very friendly, and they were very happy with the place.

May 03, 2017

By Michelle838156

Carmel Place was nice. The staff and the residents we met were nice and welcomed us into the community. The major turn-off for Mom was that the average age of the residents were a lot of older than she is.

March 04, 2017

By Kim615044

Carmel Place really needs a lot of work. They had activities like card games and bingo, a hairdresser on-site, and a big pool table area. Their food came with the normal rent. I know that the staff had a high turnover in the past several years. It did not feel warm and cozy, and they had buckets around catching water. My mother actually lived at Carmel Place for a little while, so I have seen all kinds of things there, which is one of the reasons why we decided not to go back there when we were looking for a place.

January 03, 2017

By Becky254221

We liked Carmel Place a lot. The living quarters are very good but a lot more expensive than other places. The staff members were charming. We were very impressed. The rooms had a mini kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, a sitting area, and a nice bedroom, but it was on the third floor. When we were there, there was a singing group that entertained. They also went out to a restaurant recently and saw the lights. They had a room where they played bingo. They were very friendly, followed up with phone calls and seemed to be doing an excellent job. They had a very nice dining room for the residents.

November 24, 2016

By Lois24

Carmel Place was very nice. It's not brand spanking new because some of the carpets need to be replaced here and there. We saw 3 model rooms, and they were nice and spacious, and most of them have full kitchens and closet space. Even the studio was very spacious. They include all 3 meals, housekeeping, and linen, and they have lots of activities and field trips going on. They have aging in place, and if you need assistance with dressing or bathing, you can contract with outside people to come in, and there's so many who come in to help residents. You can even contract for help for just 15 minutes a day. The help is there even though it's independent; it's very reasonable, and it's cheaper than going up in the level care in assisted living.

August 15, 2016

By Katherine750000

Carmel Place looks very nice and well kept. The staff was very cordial. I was able to eat there, and it was good. I saw a room that looked small, but it was very clean and nice.

August 12, 2016

By Marilyn623117

Carmel Place was a real community, not a resort and not a hotel. The people were very friendly and very welcoming, everyone from the cleaning people to the food service people and the residents themselves.

May 21, 2016

By AlisaMMRBK

Carmel Place was very warm and friendly, and the patients were all happy. I thought it was like a big family. The staff was beautiful and great. My mother wanted to stay there, but she has to get stronger. I’ve seen their rooms, and they were a nice size. The dining area was very nice, like a restaurant.

March 30, 2016

By Ed48

I was pleased with the tour of Carmel Place and the facility. The staff was very friendly and very informative.

February 21, 2016

By Ken120344550

The people at Carmel Place were very gracious. It is a very organized, clean place with nice apartments and friendly people. They are on the top of my list of facilities.

October 28, 2015

By Brenda62733450

Carmel Place was really nice. The people were friendly, the food was good, the apartments were nice, but it’s just not what I needed. I’m looking for a place that has a washer and dryer and is not like an apartment building. It’s clean, and it has everything you would want if you wanted to live in that kind of place. From what I understand, they have a line up of things for people to do to keep them from being bored. The people that manage the place was a husband and wife team. I talked to both of them, and they do a very good job.

September 29, 2015

By Caring113119650

I noticed a lot more interaction with the residents at Carmel Place. There were a lot of activities going on. I like their cafeteria with way the things were setup there.

September 15, 2015

Carmel Place was a good facility. The staff was nice. They have a bible study and an exercise class.

August 31, 2015

I had a quick walk through Carmel Place. From the looks of it, it looked nice and clean. They also have activities. It’s a big facility. The staff was very informative and very willing to give any information. They also did a lot of following up. They have a dining room that is for everyone and a dining room that is set up for special occasions.

July 20, 2015

I did visit Carmel Place -- which is not something that meets my mother’s needs at all -- but if it did, I was impressed with it. The facility was very nice and spacious, and the rooms were nice. I talked to several different people at my visit and over the phone later, and they were very detailed with me and gave me a lot of information. The people were very helpful, professional, and answered all of my questions. They seemed genuinely interested in the residents.

July 14, 2015

I came very close to going in Carmel Place. I called to set up an appointment, and they invited us for lunch. I made two visits total. The staff was lovely. They were all just as wonderful as they could be. The food was outstanding. I was looking at an apartment for one person, and the one I really liked had some upgrades in it. It was where a manager had lived previously. It was on the first floor off to the side, and there was a balcony out there. They were quite generous on waving some of the fees for me, but I just could not make that kind of financial commitment.

June 15, 2015

By Heddy

I was really impressed with Carmel Place. I am very happy, and mom's happy too. It has all worked out. The staff are very friendly, welcoming, and caring about the residents. Some of the residents have been there for a while, and they are very happy. The food is really good. It's close to the mall, shopping center, grocery store, and doctors. It has a very good location. They have bingo and tours, and they bring in entertainers. There's always someone in the lobby, and they have two-member staff 24/7. They shut the doors between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. You can only get in if you either ring the doorbell or have a card.

March 08, 2015

My dad is in Carmel Place. The feel, the look, and the sanitation are good. The rooms and apartments are good as well. The residents have their own kitchenette. The staff is good. They have activities like bingo, movies, and games. The only two problems we have are the food and the transportation which are both terrible. There is not much of a variety of food, and they said they provide transportation, but they don?t.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for writing a sincere review. Scheduled transportation is one of our amenities company-wide, so if your father isn't receiving scheduled transportation to things like doctor's appointments, I strongly urge you to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331.

December 26, 2013

Carmel Place is a very independent facility. Everybody keeps to themselves. Everyone is active and somewhat friendly. They have good-sized apartments. Food is decent. The staff is friendly and helpful. Location is relatively convenient because it is near hospital and the interstate. Its environment is relatively homey. Overall, it is a good facility. It is very adequate for what we wanted.

December 20, 2013

By Beverly26

My mom has already found a place. It is a senior independent living facility called Carmel Place. My mom has a fixed income so she can't afford anything more expensive than this facility. We have also come across this through the internet. The highlight for this facility is the cleanliness, the security and the quality of the meals there. The staff is very caring and thorough.

October 08, 2013

By ruthe5

Looks lovely. People friendly. Older facility, but well kept.

October 04, 2013

By Caring69196750

Carmel Place is a Holiday facility. It is a three-story building but it has an elevator and you only have to go a floor to take your laundry. Their rooms are small, although they have great dining room. They also have all kinds of activities. They also have a van that takes their residents to places. Nevertheless, the facility itself is not far from shopping centers. Carmel Place is definitely a place that I would rate highly.

June 15, 2013

By Domingo

Carmel Place had good apartments, the place was clean and the food was good.

May 29, 2013

By caring0517213

I'm now at Carmel Place. I would not recommend this facility, because they say they're independent living, but they're not. 70% of people here have dementia and I wouldn't have moved here if I have known there were so many people that's not independent. A lot of people are paying big money for independent living and it is just false advertisement. The food is terrible.

Hello, we are sorry you did not enjoy living at Carmel Place in the past. We hope your experience has turned around and you enjoy calling us home!

Costs for Carmel Place

Photos of Carmel Place

Services and Amenities of Carmel Place

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Carmel Place

Carmel Place is located in Charlotte, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Carmel Place for a visit...and stay!

Map of Carmel Place