Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

Offers Memory Care

2230 Farmington Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC) (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

June 18, 2015

By Sylvia18

I've placed a friend in Clare Bridge of Chapel Hill. They are relatively responsible folks. It is modern, clean, and light. The food is fair and passable, but it's not home cooked. I was impressed by the number of activities and by the activities director. She is in memory care, so the activities are geared towards that, and they have exercises. It's in a semi-residential neighborhood.

December 11, 2012

By Windemere

Clare Bridge of Chapel Hill has a committed, caring professional staff. Some of the staff caregivers/med techs are great, some just so-so, and they seem to be chronically understaffed on the weekends. The facility itself has 4 halls for about 35 residents who range from moderately functional to VERY impaired physically and cognitively. The mix of that range of residents does not always work well, as the more functional are generally surrounded by those much worse off. I was heavily marketed about how strong the activities programs are and how the different levels of residents are handled differently, but have not really seen that prove true. The number and type of activities have improved recently. The facility itself needs to be refitted for the basic needs of its patients--auto-opening doors, dining tables and sinks at suitable heights for residents in wheel chairs. Given the price, the parent company, Brookdale Senior Living, needs to invest more in the physical infrastructure of the building and furnishings, and improve non-professional staff training and compensation. Good, but needs improvement.

November 16, 2012

By caring11061

Clare Bridge of Chapel Hill is a nice facility. It was a surprised visit so they didn't know I was coming. I got to the dining hall before I found someone who offered to help me. A staff from that facility was very nice, showed me rounds and told me more than he needed to. He told me about how they care for their patients and also about couple of people that have walked out but they quickly found them. It was good that he shared to me about it but I guess it happens everywhere. I think they should keep the place more secure. The memory area is quite secure, but for people who are more independent they are just roaming around.

July 27, 2011

By pattyanne

Our deceaced mother received care here. Although the building is not new, the staff more than makes up for this!! We had mom at a facility that looked good, but we moved her into Clare Bridge later, and will forever be grateful for the memory care professionalism and consistently patient, caring and attentive staff. There is very low staff turnover at Clare Bridge, and family support meetings - both of which say a lot about the leadership.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

At Brookdale Chapel Hill we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Chapel Hill are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)

Brookdale Chapel Hill MC (NC)