Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C

Reviews of Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C

Nursing Home Reviews for Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C

February 03, 2015

By Picky daughter

My father was a resident of. Emerald Ridge for the last 7 months of his life. I could not ask for a better place for him to be. After reading these reviews I was reluctant to agree for him to go there, I am so glad I went with my gut feelings and personal observations instead of relying on what had been written by others in these reviews. He started out in a regular room but it became obvious he needed to be in the Alzheimer/Dementia ward. He was treated by the staff with the utmost respect and attentive care. My family members were in and out at all times. Never did we see dad neglected, ignored, or unattended too. I will admit some nurses and CNA's were better than others but for the most part ALL WERE EXCELLENT. The facility was clean (99.0 sanitary rating from the state of NC), if it ever smelled of urine, the problem was addressed and immediately taken care of, and I can recall of this only happening once. My dad had previously been at a brand new facility that was off the charts in ratings and reviews for the facility but the care he received there was subpar compared to ER. I cannot say enough about how well my father was treated here. When dad took a turn for the worse and we knew his time on earth was coming near, they moved us into a private room on the rehab wing so our family could come and go as needed and we could have privacy as well. Hospice was coming into ER and he was still being seen by ER staff. I could not believe the care he received and also we the way they took care of our family members. We never had to ask for meds, for him to be turned, cleaned or anything. They were on top of everything. The love they gave us will always be remembered by this family. They truly cared about us, they cried with us, they had grown to love my father too. I would HIGHLY recommend Emerald Ridge to anyone that asks me. I will forever be appreciative and grateful for the way the staff took care of my dad for 7 months and the way they took care of my family during his transition from his earthly home to his heavenly home.

October 16, 2014

By papee12

I absolutely loved the rehab unit. Tiffany and Christy which is the main staff is amazing. They are always clean and professional, actually like dolls. They room amazing care of my dad. He enjoyed seeing them and having them take care of him. The rooms were always clean on day shift. If the whole building had multiple of these two it would be perfect. I highly recommend the rehab unit to anyone as long they are still there. Both were very knowledgeable about everything.

September 27, 2014

We actually put our family member at the Emerald Ridge out of the hospital. The hospital found it because he had to be moved somewhere. They had an opening there, so we used this facility. We did not like it at all. Their dementia ward was very below standard. It was not clean and it smelled bad, and the majority of the people who worked there were very unprofessional. They did not dress professionally; the CNAs wore casual clothes, they didn't look professional, and they didn't really deal with the public in a professional way. They were very casual. I am referring now only to the dementia ward where the rooms were horrible, they smelled like urine, and they told us they were going to have to rip the floors up in the bathroom and replace it because it smelled so badly of urine. The chairs in the dining room were so dirty that I would have to take a towel and place it on a chair with my family member when I was visiting. They weren't nice at all. The dining area was awful. I personally witnessed a CNA drop the silverware of one of the patients on the floor, pick it back up, and use it. We did use their rehabilitation ward and it was a little better. Actually, no it wasn't good. They told us to stop having visitors come. They were not good, not good at all.

September 07, 2014

By Oriented

Mom has been there for 2 1/2 years now. The fire lane issue is resolved with a dedicated space for the transport van now, staff is generally terrific and responsive for the most part, including Ginger, and the place is usually sparkling clean. I just keep after any unresolved issues - there are 100 beds there after all. The doctor isn't one I would ever choose, but there is no choice, so keep an eye on things. Each patient bathroom is shared by 4 people so there may be issues at times but they do try. I couldn't exist on the meals which contain way too much sugar, salt and processed stuff, but on the other hand it's better than the first place she was at where she almost died from a combination of neglect, sloppiness and disgusting food - what there was of it. Mom isn't always happy about what she gets but is able to put up with it and substitutes with snack items sometimes. At Emerald Ridge she speaks well of everyone and has made a great adjustment which speaks for itself. I see them treating her in a caring and compassionate way.

July 25, 2013

By Ken7

My mother has been with Emerald Ridge for about a month now. The place is terrific. The staff that we dealt there, I'd say 80%-85% of them are terrific. The whole experience was really good there and if we had to go back, we would certainly go back to Emerald Ridge. I haven't tried eating there, but both mom and dad mostly enjoyed the food. They did have a lot of music. The residents were also taken out. I would definitely recommend the facility to others.

June 06, 2013

By djs123095

This is the nastiness most un[professional building I have ever been into. My mother is in this facility she was moved multiple times without me being informed. Their Admissions person Ginger is horrible she is rude stuck up and talks about all the residents and family members in the hallways. She bad mouths other facilities but when I visiited the other facilities she warned me about they was so much nicer and a lot more professional and beautiful. At Emerald Ridge the smell will knock you down as you walk through the door. The issues there start at Ginger and work their way down. I wouldn't suggest anyone putting their loved one in that nasty unkept place. The day I moved my mom was when my mom started getting better. She almost lost her leg due to their neglience and abuse of my mother.

August 27, 2012

By Stargazer83

They are generally attentive and respond promptly when she calls for help. The nurses and physical therapists have been wonderful, far far better and cleaner than the first place that neglected her. The meals are technically nutritious, but there is way too much sugar involved, and a lot of processed and high sodium items. The attending physician there prescribes things based on a complaint without checking relevant things like blood work or cultures, and it often does not take care of whatever the problem was. At one point she was having trouble with diarrhea a few times a week, and was given a high-level antibiotic (Vancomycin) and recorded a diagnosis of C.Diff. in the chart, which it wasn't, because that would be a lot of diarrhea every day and would require her being in isolation, which did not happen. The Director and other administrators take the time to answer or resolve questions. The only serious complaint is that they always park their patient-transport-van in the fire lane. When I pointed it out, they said there are 3 fire hydrants there, and that they have fire drills once each month, but to me that doesn't mean access to the one in front becomes less important.

August 30, 2011

By ToniToni

We had a real issue with the cleanliness of this facility. The patient bathroom was not cleaned on a daily or even every other day basis and was out of toilet paper for over one whole day. We spoke to the CNA's about this issue on several occasions. She told us that they were very tight on cleaning staff and they would get to it as soon as possible. The glove box was empty in the room and often the nurses did not wear gloves when working on patients. We had to ask her to put gloves on when she got to our family member.

About Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C

Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C is a senior living provider in Asheville, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C for more details on services and rates.

Map of Emerald Ridge Rehab and Care C