St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

Nursing Home Reviews for St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

April 16, 2017

By ghetto nurse

Don't put a loved one in this place care is awful nurses are snots disrespectful my mother was in here nurses don't answer call buttons she had to use bathroom no one came she fell trying to get to bathroom on her own staff trys to deny her patient rights this place is horrible!!!!

At St. Ann’s Community, our residents are our top priority. Our Director of Quality, Janel Welch, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss your concerns and address them to your satisfaction. You can find our contact information on the St. Ann’s Community website. We look forward to your call.

October 29, 2015

By John114254550

Our friend who is in rehab at St. Anne’s had an amputation. He’s been there for about three months now. They have cookouts, food trucks, music, etc., and have a lot of fun activities. The residents who are either wheelchair-bound or ambulatory are all taken to these different events.

December 18, 2014

By Srar

My mom was in the rehab center in St. ann's after breaking a hip. They were wonderful. The staff was very caring and we were very happy. When my mom was unable to cone home after rehab as she was 90 years old and needed round the clock care we felt that St. ann's would be a good alternative. Unfortunately we found that the full time nursing care facility was nowhere near as good as the rehab center. There were no activities and not enough nursing staff. My mom did not receive any social interactions. I will say that the staff did seem polite and caring, but they were overwhelmed and unable to provide the patients with much more than basic survival. I get very upset when I think about it.

November 15, 2014

By Georgia5

My mom's care has been excellent at St. Anne's Community for the four months that she has been in the facility. They were very caring and attentive. She wasn’t able to participate in their activities, but she enjoyed the music and they always have something for everybody to do. The facility is always clean and we made it homey for her. They let us bring in anything we wanted to bring in. My mom has no appetite, but the food always looks and smells very good. I would definitely recommend them.

October 05, 2014

We had my mother at the rehab center of St. Ann's Home. It was outstanding all the way around. The food was excellent and the people were excellent, at least when dealing with us. They have an excellent cafeteria there, so if somebody wants something other than what is available, they were always there to help. They were very, very nice people.

March 12, 2013

By EBr

My mother in law has spent a few weeks in St. Ann's Rehab Facility and has received wonderful care from a host of compassionate and skilled caregivers. Though she has some memory issues at the moment, they have demonstrated great patience and kindness toward her. The cleanliness, food, and attention given have all been terrific. She is about to move into the Nursing Home and we are hopeful this level of care and concern will continue. We are very grateful to all the staff (nurses, therapists, and aides) who have been so kind.

July 11, 2012

By kmb5603

The staff has a huge turnover. There are constantly new aids and nurses that are switching over to different floors or different facilities, so communicating is a little difficult. Many times we have found out that my grandfather was sitting in a wet diaper for a few hours before we get there. He has been hospitalized numerous times for stroke like symptoms but it ended up as simple dehydration. the Aids put water in his room, but do not make him drink it. The staff is normally friendly around us and they have plenty of activities for residents to participate in.

April 04, 2012

By eknauf01

I have been volunteering at/ visiting St. Ann's for over a year now. I have learned about some of the terrible conditions of other nursing homes through literature and films, however, I can say that this is definitely not a nursing home of the like. For the most part, the staff seem to absolutely love what they do and love the residents living there. They do not limit their time or stay to strict to a schedule, but really care about the individual they are interacting with. The facilities are well decorated and give a very "homey" feel to the place. I think that the residents really enjoy all of the holiday/ seasonal decorations as well. The main complaint I would get from the residents, however, was that the food was not always very good. Sometimes it would be served cold and other times, it just tasted too bland. Overall though, I think that St. Ann's is working towards improving and making their residents as happy as possible.

August 25, 2011

By vjgwoody

My mother was a patient at St. Ann's for rehab after an illness. I loved the place. It was always clean, the food was excellent and a huge variety. The staff were all caring and immediately available if needed and were always able to answer any questions I had regarding her care. I cannot say enough about St. Ann's = a beautiful facility and they never seemed to be understaffed.

Photos of St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

Services and Amenities of St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

• Housing Extra: 72 Certified Beds

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Convenience Store,Library,Bocce Court,High Speed Internet Access, Chapel

• Tai Chi

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Wound Care Specialists,Clinical Assistance With Discharge Planning, Including Pre Discharge Home,Podiatry,Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication

• State Licenses: 2757301N

About St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge

St. Ann’s Community is Rochester’s leading senior housing and health services provider, with a tradition of quality care for older adults dating back to 1873. St. Ann’s offers a continuum of care that includes independent retirement living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, short-term transitional care, palliative care, and adult day programs. One of the area’s largest employers, St. Ann’s has more than 1,200 employees who are Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.

Map of St. AnnÍs Community at Cherry Ridge