Hill Haven Nursing Home Webster, NY

Reviews of Hill Haven Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Hill Haven Nursing Home

March 13, 2016

By irishmollylas

I am a friend of someone who is a patient there. The place is horrible. It takes between 45 to 50. Minutes for anyone to answer the call balls. There food is awful, that is if you get it. There are at least two to three items missing from the tray every time time a meal is delivered. Also, I question where they find some of there employees as on one instance two aids were speaking in my friends mothers room and one began yelling very loudly has upset she was but used vulgar language to express herself.

January 11, 2016

By Taylor14612

My mother asked for Hill Haven for short term rehab. First of all, her private room was given to someone else. She was directed to call for assistance to use the bathroom because she was a falling risk. An aide told her she could only go to the bathroom every two hours! It too up to 45 minutes for someone to help her to the bathroom. Her bed was so old. It was to high for her to get in and out of comfortably. The bottom of the bed would not raise up. She needed to keep her legs elevated for edema. It took them a week to fix her bed. She was supposed to get weighed every day for edema. My brother and I took her to the scale because she wasn't getting weighed. She went home on a day pass for the holiday and didn't earth much that day. When she went back to Hill Haven they ordered Mac and cheese about 5:00 pm. She got it at 8:00 pm! The physical therapists were the best out of the bunch.

January 23, 2015

By thymesgoneby

Our experience with Hill Haven was extremely bad. My mother in law went there for rehab in December of 2014. While there she developed a cough, after several days she was seen (after much complaining) and given a cough drop every six hours. Her cough continued to worsen and I also started to ask daily for something to be done. I asked every day for a week for them to get the doctor for the rapidly worse cough, they gave her cough syrup that still did nothing. Her room was next to the nurses station and she was easily heard out there. They took no further action. Her cough was so bad that she couldn't talk, she would cough until gasping for breath which would cause her to cough again. I have been told that in her last week there she was seen six times by either the Dr or the nurse practioner, if that is the case why didn't they take further action? She requested once,just after the night nurse came on, to go to the bathroom,the night nurse herself told mom to"go in her diaper that's why she was wearing one", then she left mom without helping her to the bathroom. Last but certainly not least, she developed a bladder infection while under their care. They DID put her on a regimen of cipro and a drug used for bladder pain that turns the urine orange. Upon finishing the meds she still complained of pain while urinating and that she could tell that the infection was still there. They didn't do another thing. We brought her home on 1/10, a Saturday;she was in so much pain while peeing that I called the on call Dr at her practice. He called in cipro and we got a full dose into her that day. By Tuesday she was much worse both the bladder infection and the cough were out of control. The Dr said she had an institutional pneumonia and they straight cathed her for a sample for the lab, they didn't get urine, they got pus. A change in antibiotics was made to Backtrum and I brought her home. On Saturday morning she showed me that she was bleeding and passing clots when trying to urinare. She refused to go to the hospital for two days while continuing to bleed and pass clots, on Monday the Dr convinced to go to emergency. Of course she was kept there and is STILL there, thanks very much to Hill Haven. If they HAD seen her six times that last week then why didn't they address these two issues? I believe it is a case of neglect. Don't send your loved ones there especially if they can't stick up for themselves, both mom and I repeatedly asked for help and we were completely disregarded. Hope this saves others from horrible experiences.

About Hill Haven Nursing Home

Hill Haven Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Webster, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Hill Haven Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hill Haven Nursing Home